• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bon Jovi freeing up some cash....

http://www.niagarafa...05/BonJovi.html

Slashes price from $42M to $37.5M

lol

CBF

This could be the reason why.

http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/nfl/exclusive-toronto-group-bidding-on-bills-allowed-to-submit-higher-first-bid-and-must-provide-greater-assurance-it-would-not-relocate-team-sources-say/

Sounds like the trust is looking for more non relocation assurance

Seems like this was sniffed out on Sunday morning. Great news bc means trust is likely satisfied with local indicative bids - otherwise wouldn't dismiss JBJ bid. My guess (Kirby and bandit, feel free to comment): at least one more bidder (BTG) will enter fray; if trust unsatisfied w finalist bids may seek to open door to another local bid through creative plan previously hinted at here. Once satisfied w final bids target AIP before first home reg season game to have raucous celebration of Ralph; deal to close at October mtgs and new owner introduced at October 12 game. Current machinations likely efforts to tease more money out of pegula bid.

From Kryk:

"A source says when Bon Jovi wrote his letter to Buffalonians, he was under the belief his group’s bid was toast. The letter was intended to be a face-saver for him, nothing more — just an attempt to get on record that he would have kept the team in Buffalo had his group’s bid won."

Seems like this was sniffed out on Sunday morning. Great news bc means trust is likely satisfied with local indicative bids - otherwise wouldn't dismiss JBJ bid. My guess (Kirby and bandit, feel free to comment): at least one more bidder (BTG) will enter fray; if trust unsatisfied w finalist bids may seek to open door to another local bid through creative plan previously hinted at here. Once satisfied w final bids target AIP before first home reg season game to have raucous celebration of Ralph; deal to close at October mtgs and new owner introduced at October 12 game. Current machinations likely efforts to tease more money out of pegula bid.

I think that you are on it. The trust NEVER intended to let the team leave. I would be surprised if you don't see more bidders popping up but Pegula is still the favorite. Either way, the team will end up in WNY.

From Kryk:

"A source says when Bon Jovi wrote his letter to Buffalonians, he was under the belief his group’s bid was toast. The letter was intended to be a face-saver for him, nothing more — just an attempt to get on record that he would have kept the team in Buffalo had his group’s bid won."

It definitely came off as an act of a desperate man. I don't think JBJ can say anything at this point to save face. He better just avoid any tour dates in WNY for the foreseeable future

@JohnKryk: #BonJovi/Toronto group bidding on #Bills allowed to resubmit 1st bid, must provide greater non-relocation assurance:

http://t.co/pzpyRO4yFJ

Trust looks to be bending over backwards for the Toronto group to keep them in the game, why do that when you have a billion+ bid from a local guy --- trust is not looking good in this process ! And, before you say that it's to keep the bids higher, it sounds like they'll still be below Pegs --- I don't get it --- sit down and write the deal with Pegs and let's move on ---

If Bon Jovi drops the act now, I will be willing to let bygones be bygones

Trust looks to be bending over backwards for the Toronto group to keep them in the game, why do that when you have a billion+ bid from a local guy --- trust is not looking good in this process ! And, before you say that it's to keep the bids higher, it sounds like they'll still be below Pegs --- I don't get it --- sit down and write the deal with Pegs and let's move on ---

well, if for some reason Pegula goes under or doesnt pass NFL vote... they will need another bid.

I really think Trump's talk will ratchet down once the 'non-binding' part is over.