Letting Cordy go

finn

That said, if this health thing is an aberration, I'd like to see them try to extend Cordy after this season. It will never be more reasonable to do so. Give him a good-faith raise that rewards him for the hard work, line up Seantrel on the other side, and maybe, if Henderson is really a better LT, you have Glenn at a salary that you're OK with for a RT or even a premium OG.

If he plays and does well, they'll definitely approach him about a contract extension after the season. Whether he accepts it is another matter.

If he plays and does well, they'll definitely approach him about a contract extension after the season. Whether he accepts it is another matter.

True.

If I were him I would think long and hard about it, depending on the deal. Great paydays don't come all the time and any random health issue can mean you never see another one again.

It's obviously a big difference between, say, $30M and $60M, but the way contracts are structured really only means a difference in signing bonus and maybe $1-2M more per year under the contract, if he gambles with time and health and wins. Then again, I'd be a horrible negotiator were I in this position; I think it'd be easy for most of us to be happy with a $10M signing bonus and what basically amounts to a year-to-year contract for millions more.

This is a reach and a long one at that. Henderson showed well last night but that does not make him a lock for anything yet. His troubles are well chronicled. He could easily backslide.

All Henderson has shown is potential in camp, and 1 good showing in 1st pre-season game... Cordy (if healthy) has shown he's capable of being a possible PRO_BOWL level LT which teams SALIVATE over.... We should just be happy to know that we got a guy in the 7th who was a top notch national recruit and showing thus far, the potential is there and that he will continue to work very hard and make himself impossible to cut and make team. As they mentioned numerous times in 2nd half, this line is deeper than it has been in years. We will have some battles along the line for starting gigs as well as some tough cuts to make with possibly guy or 2 we cut, end up getting picked up somewhere else. Been YEARS since we had depth on OL. That's good problem to have!

If this were the regime of old, you may have a legitimate concern. But by all accounts, DW and of course Marrone value depth at key positions, such as Offensive Line, and having multiple quality starters is one of the smartest things they can, and probably will do...so I would think Glenn gets the contract he's earned in a year or two and Henderson finds his way into the starting line somewhere, RT or LG or RG if he continues to play well and grow and develop like he has...Marrone didn't sound all too pleased with either Henderson or Cyrus, but I also think we all have to be patient with their development...first game of their NFL careers with basically a short period of time to prepare, all things considered.

The over reaction to one preseason game never ceases to amaze me

Don't think it will ever be as bad as last years season predictions though after the Colts preseason game...I believe some had Bills going 13-3 after that.

My fear now is that the front office will think, "Hey, why re-sign Cordy Glenn when we have a nice prospect at left tackle in Henderson?" It could end up being fortuitous that Kujo is struggling if it makes the decision makers hesitate to thin out the line.

But maybe I'm overreacting. I'm still depressed they let Jonas Jennings go...

No, really??