EJ looked calm and in control..

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As they say, after the first hit you remember it's just a football game and settle in. Unfortunately, EJ has a tendency to watch the rest of the game from the bench with ice on his knee. I love the guy and hope he gets it going. A better timed jump and this has a totally different feeling. Really stared down some throws though.

Definitely annoying to start the preseason like this, mostly because it just fuels the Tuel flame.

All of these QBs are still a work in progress. If we're sitting at week 6 below .500, and Manuel is still healthy and making the same mistakes, then I think it's time to try other options.

This about sums up my thoughts

http://www.wgr550.co...aYBiR_Q.twitter

I have no idea if EJ is the guy or not. He needs to play some more and either sink or swim. I do have to say, thus far I am not liking the baby the Bills showed me.

Agreed. I think the biggest problem tonight was that he just didn't play enough. 7 throws isn't much to work with. I thought a few throws were actually pretty good. For instance, if Williams goes up and gets that perfectly placed ball in the end zone, then this thread probably doesn't even exist.

Definitely annoying to start the preseason like this, mostly because it just fuels the Tuel flame.

All of these QBs are still a work in progress. If we're sitting at week 6 below .500, and Manuel is still healthy and making the same mistakes, then I think it's time to try other options.

If it isn't EJ, the answer is NOT on this team...

Ej only played 2 series. He was far from perfect, however he never really had the chance to settle down and get into a rhythm before being yanked. This game was an extra preseason game. Basically a nationally televised scrimmage between two lucky teams who got an extra chance to look at the bottom of thier roster. Nothing should be taken away from this game in regards to the 1st teams. Both offense and defense.

Notoriously slow starter needed more than a couple series to get going… not surprised.

He is 6'3" not 5'9" like Doug Flutie, 3 out of 7 passes shouldn't be batted down.

As noted by some others, on at least one of those Henderson disengaged from his man. Giants aren't the same team they were but they still have some experienced DLmen. I'm actually glad the batted passes happened in this game so that there is time to correct that and give him those looks in practice.

His mechanics are fine. In fact I love his throwing strength. The game is still too fast for him because...he hasn't played enough yet.

The game was too fast for him at FSU too. He plays with blinders on and sees/thinks way too slowly to ever be what we are all hoping for. Unfortunately.

Good news is, there is another game Friday.

The pass to Lee Smith was good. The pass to Mike Williams in EZ was good but Mike didn't pull it in. If Watkins doesn't get too close to sideline and get cramped in by DB, he may have been able to get to that one. Both of these were pretty good passes.

The others not so much.

Perhaps we should be patient? This was the most meaningless of the 5 meaningless pre season games.

+1.3457

Folks need to stop with the QB controversy nonsense because, as long as he is healthy, EJ is the starter.

Like it or not, he is the best QB on the roster...

Good news is, there is another game Friday.

The pass to Lee Smith was good. The pass to Mike Williams in EZ was good but Mike didn't pull it in. If Watkins doesn't get too close to sideline and get cramped in by DB, he may have been able to get to that one. Both of these were pretty good passes.

The others not so much.

Perhaps we should be patient? This was the most meaningless of the 5 meaningless pre season games.

Patience is all we have....he is all we have. He hasn't looked that great in TC, I had hoped he would look better tonight and have more chances...we shall see as the games go on....all we can do is let him play and hope for the best...

The preseason should only be to determine if the Bills need to bring in another veteran QB. I think Whaley and Marrone blew it last year and again this year by not bringing in a quality back-up. Tuel and Thad are only liked on this board because they are not the starters. They are both horrible. EJ is the only starting QB on this team. Whaley had better be looking to make a move if EJ continues to look as bad as he has in camp.

The preseason should only be to determine if the Bills need to bring in another veteran QB. I think Whaley and Marrone blew it last year and again this year by not bringing in a quality back-up. Tuel and Thad are only liked on this board because they are not the starters. They are both horrible. EJ is the only starting QB on this team. Whaley had better be looking to make a move if EJ continues to look as bad as he has in camp.

Please explain to me how bad ej has looked in camp

Even when EJ has played the whole game for us he's taken awhile to get going . He seemed more "on" early tonight than I saw most of last year.

I thought it was far from perfect, but fine for a first-of-five preseason showing.

We won't know for sure how well EJ has progressed until the real season

Begins. Pre season is hard to gage. To Me EJ looked ok.

He played too little to get a gage. Yes I did not like his passes

Getting batted down. But the Reg Season is a whole different

Animal. After 8 regular season games we should know

If EJ has made progress. Let's not jump the gun.

We have a lot invested in him. He needs a chance

To prove home self. Playing time is needed.

I hate preseason. It is so mis leading some times

Keep the faith Bills fans.

I missed the EJ part (woke up a tad late). But they did get a first down and went for a TD which was dropped. I am not certain even how that reflects on EJ though. I think he needs work but in the first preseason game of 5? Thad reminds me of bad Fitz still, especially his wind up. I am hoping Tuel man is the back up at this time or that we bring in an Orton or someone like him that is cut (which I don't see happening, frankly).

This about sums up my thoughts

http://www.wgr550.co...aYBiR_Q.twitter

I have no idea if EJ is the guy or not. He needs to play some more and either sink or swim. I do have to say, thus far I am not liking the baby the Bills showed me.

13474682_gal.jpg

you didn't like the stomping that the 1st D put on Eli? Kyle Williams strip? Robert Woods? new RB guy? Henderson? Duke Williams?

I thought there were several bright spots. Nothin to hang our heads over here.