Next Buffalo Bill in the HOF?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly my thoughts. Ruben will a serious look with 9 pro bowls to his credit. Polian should be in sooner than later with his achievements between buffalo, carolina, and indy.

Not only nine Pro-Bowls, but eight straight. He's also got four All-Pros. Ruben and Polian are really the only ones with the accomplishments to make it.

Am I the only one who thinks Ray Guy getting into the Hall of Fame is more than a little ridiculous?

If you haven't read every post on Guy that was in this thread, please do so. Guy not only boomed the ball across the field - he dropped it in places where it simply could not be returned.

in order:

#1- bill polian

#2- steve tasker

#3- rueben brown

#4- cornelius Bennett

they are the only legit candidates for HOF.

I could name about 10 other guys who could come close.

agreed.

I may add Ted Washington, though. He was well respected and had a long and impressive tenure.

Takeo Spikes and London Fletcher are very great LB's but like so many LB's - just lost in the mix of all the great LB's.

It should be Tasker

Polian will go as soon as he is eligible...

I fear Tasker will be a senior committee inductee, which is a shame....

As much as I love Talley, Biscuit, and Washington - I don't see it happening for them....

Reuben Brown who is the anti- Walter Jones when it comes to holding penalties - eh not sure...

If you haven't read every post on Guy that was in this thread, please do so. Guy not only boomed the ball across the field - he dropped it in places where it simply could not be returned.

agreed.

I may add Ted Washington, though. He was well respected and had a long and impressive tenure.

Takeo Spikes and London Fletcher are very great LB's but like so many LB's - just lost in the mix of all the great LB's.

Takeo before the Achilles injury was just insanely good and indeed HOF-caliber. One of many sad outcomes for promising Bills players in the 2000s.

:worthy:

yes ... no

Am I to understand correctly that you don't believe in / like Manuel? Have never heard this before...

Takeo before the Achilles injury was just insanely good and indeed HOF-caliber. One of many sad outcomes for promising Bills players in the 2000s.

Very true. I still always wonder how good Cowart could have been...he was a beast....

It should be Tasker

Elliott Harrison wrote a column at NFL.com I think last year about players who should be in the hall of fame but may never be and included Tasker. He also included Ray Guy, so maybe there's hope.

And yeah, whoever says it's ridiculous that Guy was inducted is talkin' crazy. He was a game changer. Punters are players too!

Chris Hogan, obviously.

Dork, you always make me laugh. I had a nice belly chuckle on that one.

I dont think Bills have a shot with any player after the SB years .

polian? sure . i suppose .

Too much free time on your hands it seems brother !

:nana:

Agreed on your comment regarding no one after the SB years. I do think Hull has a shot and Polian will definitely get in three to four years. In the contributor role, people like Gil Brandt will go in first. Bill has to be out 5 years. He has three to go.

Dork, you always make me laugh. I had a nice belly chuckle on that one.

Agreed on your comment regarding no one after the SB years. I do think Hull has a shot and Polian will definitely get in three to four years. In the contributor role, people like Gil Brandt will go in first. Bill has to be out 5 years. He has three to go.

Its possible this team will begin the next set of pro bowlers from the Bills . But i wont predict any of them as of just yet. I am still hoping/wishing to make it to the playoffs as a Wild Card !!! Edited by 3rdand12

After a few pages in surprised no Spielman requests. The guy was a BEAST

Spielman should get in just because of the person he was.

I think it was a 30 for 30 Special about him and it was fantastic

Edit: It was a football life episode. Tremendous Person

Edited by Captain Hindsight