Democrat Senator's Daughter Moves Company Overseas.

She is executing fiduciary responsibility of her position to maximize shareholder wealth under the laws presented - her company should pay its legal tax burden - no more.

Edited by baskin

She is executing fiduciary responsibility of her position to maximize shareholder wealth under the laws presented - her company should pay its legal tax burden - no more.

I think that's the point.

the takeaway from that story is that our corporate tax rate is so high that now democrats are seeing the need to lower them for the sake of keeping businesses here. the other day in a speech that he gave, the president was calling corporations that move overseas 'un-american', when instead it's more 'un-american' to tax free enterprise at such a high rate.

1. I don't see how that pertains to a craptastic tax policy.

2. You say it like it's a bad thing.

The portion of Federal Revenues paid by corporate taxes is at a modern era low.

And the main point is:

You can't have a low enough corporate tax rate. Some place will always have a lower rate. Its a race to the bottom that no one wins.

If US corporations used only the tax rate to determine their home base, most would be gone. The US should not seek to be the lowest. It should adjust the rate to where there is the most economic benefit. Tax revenue can be part of the equation. I doubt any qualified analyst could look at US corporate tax policy and conclude that it is optimal for revenue or for economic activity.

Considering the size of my corporation and the amount of business we do (which ain't much in the big picture), the tax bill paid this year was insane. It doesn't help that I'm based in California (should'a gone with Delaware) but I can't imagine what other small corps are being taxed, it must be crushing.

Considering the size of my corporation and the amount of business we do (which ain't much in the big picture), the tax bill paid this year was insane. It doesn't help that I'm based in California (should'a gone with Delaware) but I can't imagine what other small corps are being taxed, it must be crushing.

We're small and an S-corp so we don't pay the C-corp rates but pay ordinary income rates with one exception. In Illinois we get an extra 1.5% tax since we are a business. It's all part of the "you didn't build that" mindset. Job creators get to pay more than anyone else.

And that's the issue. When people hear about corp taxes they think of large corps and don't realize that most are small businesses just trying to make a living.