Who is your Surprise cut to get to the 53 man roster?

MClem06

Mine is Ron Brooks. He's been getting torched so far in camp from the highlights I've seen.

I guess we could also add who the surprise player to make the roster would be also.

In that case I would say RB Dixon. Maybe CJ gets traded before the season for a 1st or 2nd for next year.

Edited by MClem06

I'm going to camp today (assuming it doesn't rain). I'm looking forward to seeing for myself how well everyone is doing. I would have said Erik Pears would be a surprise cut before camp started but I've heard that the big guy (Cyrus) from Alabama is getting toyed with out there by Hughes and Mario and hasn't looked good at all. I heard a report yesterday that said Cyrus looks like the 7th rounder and Henderson actually looks like the 2nd rounder. I'll be watching that RT battle as well as the WR's and DB's. Some good competition going on with those groups as well

I'm going to camp today (assuming it doesn't rain). I'm looking forward to seeing for myself how well everyone is doing. I would have said Erik Pears would be a surprise cut before camp started but I've heard that the big guy (Cyrus) from Alabama is getting toyed with out there by Hughes and Mario and hasn't looked good at all. I heard a report yesterday that said Cyrus looks like the 7th rounder and Henderson actually looks like the 2nd rounder. I'll be watching that RT battle as well as the WR's and DB's. Some good competition going on with those groups as well

IMO that's not such a bad thing...I don't think it's any coincidence that Cordy Glenn made a nice leap from year 1 to year 2 based on having to face Hughes in TC practice all last year (and we kept reading about how he was getting schooled too). I also think we're seeing the same out of Seantrel this year--going against guys like Hughes and Mario is bound to bring out the best in a guy if he's determined to get better.

Assuming Kouandjio gets time with the 1's in TC, I think getting his butt whipped can only help him improve.

Know what I mean?

IMO that's not such a bad thing...I don't think it's any coincidence that Cordy Glenn made a nice leap from year 1 to year 2 based on having to face Hughes in TC practice all last year (and we kept reading about how he was getting schooled too). I also think we're seeing the same out of Seantrel this year--going against guys like Hughes and Mario is bound to bring out the best in a guy if he's determined to get better.

Assuming Kouandjio gets time with the 1's in TC, I think getting his butt whipped can only help him improve.

Know what I mean?

Nothing like a good ass whipping to help a player pull his head out of his ass. He's out there every day so we have to assume that the knee is fine, don't we?

CJ Spiller

This way if I am right I look amazing.

And actual answer. Manny Lawson. I think they cut him because they know he is good enough to start in this league and he may save a few bucks. He has two more years yet, right?

Brian Moorman. Not really a huge surprise, but he clearly outperformed Moorman at the camp practice I saw. Dombrowski kicks absolute bombs with great hang time and has a very quick get-off. If he spends more and more time as the placekick holder, that will be a telltale sign Moorman is done.

I like the sound of that. Moorman was great back in the day, but that day was a long time ago. We need better support from our punting game its a big factor to controlling field position

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Tony Moeaki.

That's a good call.

I think that to diggz's point above there are good battles at DB & WR. The Bills will lose a guy or 2 there that will play in the league.

I could also see 1 of the QBs cut. Apparently they have been awful at camp. The Bills may try to address the backup position another way.

Moeaki is not a surprise cut. As of right now he's the 4th TE of the group.

Gragg won't get cut because when he was there he looked really good.

Dixon won't get cut.

Summer maybe will get cut. In fact it's likely.