Mike Schopp said something today that had me wondering...

Buftex

Not to thread hijack but was anyone listening to this douchebag when a caller just passing through the area called in to try to make a point that the station sounded like it was owned by Robert Kraft cuz of how negative against the bills schlep sounded....schlep immediately cut the guy off and told him he didn't care about his opinion or call cuz he is not a regular listener....if in my job, I treated a patient that was just in town for that day and told them I didn't care about their business cuz they weren't a regular patient and my company got wind of this, I would immediately be shown the door....also...no one gives a crap about your personal life so please refrain from bringing up constantly on the air. I wish the would extend rich gaenzler on 1270 to compete with wgr...so much better....I wish sal would jump ship to 1270 as well cuz I think he should have his own show.

I heard this and I KNEW that schopp was just going to cut him off. To me its not about him knowing nothing about sports, its just that he refuses to listen to critisicm from ANYONE. I hardly ever listen to the two of them and what I was most shocked by was Bulldog calling him on his crap al ittle bit. I know thats why he is parteneerd with shcopp because howard and jeremy would never lets his ridiculous statements stand. Not huge fan of jeremy and Howard but I like them better than Schopp and the lapdog.

Bulldog better watch his step... keep having your own opinions and schopp will show him the door.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be, but I would define a road win against a quality team as a win over a playoff team. I agree about games that matter, but for that D-bag to make an incorrect and bombastic statement makes for bad radio. You shouldn't need to lie if your point is valid, and his might be, but he's overstating the truth at best. Plus he's a d-bag. :)

That's just brutal.

The list seems brutal, because we're only considering playoff teams that year as quality teams. That very much limits the field. So there's only 12 quality teams in total each year? And the Bills play about 3 to 6 of those, not necessarily on the road.

The year the Pats went 11-5 and did not make the palyoffs, were they not a quality team? Not saying we best them, just suggesting that quality teams could be defined by more than just playoff teams.

I live in Chicago and the Buffalo game is looked at as a gift.

And I know the Bears offense is going to be good. If the Bills defense doesn't play better than last year (with worse players), this game is more likely to be over by half time.

I think the Bills' only chance is to run all day and keep Cutler off the field. Believe it when I see it. I have no optimism left.

I would expect people in Chicago to underestimate the Bills since they have nothing to base their opinion on and clearly think highly of their team. I, on the other hand, am not a Cutler fan. It is just as likely, if not more so, that Cutler throws three picks in the face of six sacks. This would not be an unusual performance from him, and the Bills have a very good defense despite your concerns. I am more concerned about the offense, but in any case, this is a very winnable game.

I live in Chicago and the Buffalo game is looked at as a gift.

And I know the Bears offense is going to be good. If the Bills defense doesn't play better than last year (with worse players), this game is more likely to be over by half time.

I think the Bills' only chance is to run all day and keep Cutler off the field. Believe it when I see it. I have no optimism left.

an 8-8 team looking at a 6-10 team as a gift opponent?

I would expect people in Chicago to underestimate the Bills since they have nothing to base their opinion on and clearly think highly of their team. I, on the other hand, am not a Cutler fan. It is just as likely, if not more so, that Cutler throws three picks in the face of six sacks. This would not be an unusual performance from him, and the Bills have a very good defense despite your concerns. I am more concerned about the offense, but in any case, this is a very winnable game.

Cutler = Fitz IMO

The list seems brutal, because we're only considering playoff teams that year as quality teams. That very much limits the field. So there's only 12 quality teams in total each year? And the Bills play about 3 to 6 of those, not necessarily on the road.

The year the Pats went 11-5 and did not make the palyoffs, were they not a quality team? Not saying we best them, just suggesting that quality teams could be defined by more than just playoff teams.

But Dorkington's list pointed out when we beat a 9-7 non-playoff team (twice). That makes me think that if we'd beaten any 10-6 or 11-5 non-playoff teams, it would've been mentioned. You do bring up a fair point about frequency -- you can only play who's on your schedule, and you might only play a couple of quality opponents on the road. But given that our record has been 7-9 or worse in each of the last 9 seasons (and 8-8 or worse in 13 of the last 14), I think it's pretty fair to say that we haven't beat a lot of quality opponents, whether at home or on the road.

So, other than those, Schopp was spot on. Way to go Mike! (thanks for the research)

His point is valid, his supporting data flawed. What does any Bills team from the 90's or even 2005 have to do with today's squad, nothing. He should have on it gone back the last five years which is somewhat relevant. They haven't beat anyone of note on the road. Maybe EJ and Sammy are about to prove the world wrong but based on recent data, I don't like their chances.

Question the Bills or dare to question the prospects for success in the new season and you're a d-bag. I heard Schopp and wasn't really offended. The Bears offense is crazy good and isn't going to be worse than last year. The Bears O is clearly the most talented unit on the field Sept. 7....and they've done it before. The Bills are the same to me. Questions all over the place. Maybe's all over the place.

I see little swing passes to Forte and the inside passing game being a problem.

Thanks Promo on that nugget about Schwartz...it at least gives me a little hope. Now....can we borrow Stafford for a week?

Schoop is a d-bag. The Bills have beat plenty of playoff teams on the road since 1992. That's just a stupid statement to make, and it is exactly the kind of d-bag statement he makes which keeps me from listening to him, nor supporting the advertisers on his time slot.

Yeah, seemed to remember beating the defending Super Bowl Champion Cowboys in Texas Stadium in '93.

...but for goodness sake why should we hold Mike Schopp to any standard of accuracy when he's trying to make a bold statement?

an 8-8 team looking at a 6-10 team as a gift opponent?

Well, if you consider that the Bears haven't been below 7 wins in 10 years and sprinkled in a few 10+ wins and the Bills seem to be stuck on 6 wins for a while...yes. I understand the thought. My guess is Vegas agrees and the Bills are 7-10 point underdogs. Edited by JPS

But Dorkington's list pointed out when we beat a 9-7 non-playoff team (twice). That makes me think that if we'd beaten any 10-6 or 11-5 non-playoff teams, it would've been mentioned. You do bring up a fair point about frequency -- you can only play who's on your schedule, and you might only play a couple of quality opponents on the road. But given that our record has been 7-9 or worse in each of the last 9 seasons (and 8-8 or worse in 13 of the last 14), I think it's pretty fair to say that we haven't beat a lot of quality opponents, whether at home or on the road.

I might have missed a couple teams that had winning records, but weren't in the playoffs... it was a bit of a rush. I make no claims to perfection on that list. :)

Well, if you consider that the Bears haven't been below 7 wins in 10 years and sprinkled in a few 10+ wins and the Bills seem to be stuck on 6 wins for a while...yes. I understand the thought. My guess is Vegas agrees and the Bills are 7-10 point underdogs.

I think the Bears are being over-sold a bit here. They put up a lot of points last year, and while I expect that to continue to a degree, it's worth noting that their best passing days and point outputs all came with Josh McCown at QB. I also think it would be a bit presumptuous to assume (not saying that you are) that their defense is going to make a substantial leap from 31st overall in PPG allowed, 30th overall in YPG allowed, and 32nd overall in yards/play allowed. I know they brought in two FA DEs and two rookie DTs, plus a CB I really like in Kyle Fuller, but I think it'd be asking a lot for that all to come together in Week 1.

I look at Buffalo's defense and see mostly continuity from a personnel standpoint--at least in the areas that were the most productive (DL and DB)--plus improvement in the team's weakest area: LB.

I guess I just think it'll be a much closer game than what some may believe.

Well, if you consider that the Bears haven't been below 7 wins in 10 years and sprinkled in a few 10+ wins and the Bills seem to be stuck on 6 wins for a while...yes. I understand the thought. My guess is Vegas agrees and the Bills are 7-10 point underdogs.

of course they will be an underdog. Vegas would love to put up that 10 pt spread to get everyone to take the Bills.

That is different than assuming a game will be over by halftime and that is just a warm up game. This isn't college.

Edited by YoloinOhio

His point is valid, his supporting data flawed. What does any Bills team from the 90's or even 2005 have to do with today's squad, nothing. He should have on it gone back the last five years which is somewhat relevant. They haven't beat anyone of note on the road. Maybe EJ and Sammy are about to prove the world wrong but based on recent data, I don't like their chances.

Again, that's why they play the games. Recent history is no more an indicator of our chances than 10 years ago. That's the beauty of sport, each season is a clean slate and everyone starts 0-0. Don't kid yourself, we can win that game.

I think the Bears are being over-sold a bit here. They put up a lot of points last year, and while I expect that to continue to a degree, it's worth noting that their best passing days and point outputs all came with Josh McCown at QB. I also think it would be a bit presumptuous to assume (not saying that you are) that their defense is going to make a substantial leap from 31st overall in PPG allowed, 30th overall in YPG allowed, and 32nd overall in yards/play allowed. I know they brought in two FA DEs and two rookie DTs, plus a CB I really like in Kyle Fuller, but I think it'd be asking a lot for that all to come together in Week 1.

I look at Buffalo's defense and see mostly continuity from a personnel standpoint--at least in the areas that were the most productive (DL and DB)--plus improvement in the team's weakest area: LB.

I guess I just think it'll be a much closer game than what some may believe.

Good point on McCown. But I think Cutler is set up pretty well to succeed. He has 3 capable monsters to throw to and the best receiving RB in the NFL. Now the Bears defense:Yeah, last year was bad. But they were almost Bill-like in their injuries (Tillman, Briggs, DJ Williams) and are bringing in Jay Ratliff, Jared Allen, Lamar Houston and Willie Young to prop up the low sack totals last year (31..ouch). 2013 was an aberration. 2 out of the previous 3 years, this was a top 5 defense. And If you had to bring a defense together, I'd rather it be against #3 than #18.

I guess I just see more to worry than optimism in game 1. My question in July....who's going to cover Forte? And if he's covered, who has the TE? I'm less sold on our defense, particularly without Kiko. And this is supposed to be the Bills' strength. I just hope Spikes and Rivers are more than I think they are. I also think you'll see the Louisville kid on a reg basis by week 3.

Good point on McCown. But I think Cutler is set up pretty well to succeed. He has 3 capable monsters to throw to and the best receiving RB in the NFL. Now the Bears defense:Yeah, last year was bad. But they were almost Bill-like in their injuries (Tillman, Briggs, DJ Williams) and are bringing in Jay Ratliff, Jared Allen, Lamar Houston and Willie Young to prop up the low sack totals last year (31..ouch). 2013 was an aberration. 2 out of the previous 3 years, this was a top 5 defense. And If you had to bring a defense together, I'd rather it be against #3 than #18.

I guess I just see more to worry than optimism in game 1. My question in July....who's going to cover Forte? And if he's covered, who has the TE? I'm less sold on our defense, particularly without Kiko. And this is supposed to be the Bills' strength. I just hope Spikes and Rivers are more than I think they are. I also think you'll see the Louisville kid on a reg basis by week 3.

i would guess Schwartz will cover them the way he did last year and then hope our offense can score.

Bills have a lot to prove before anyone in the media (even their own) comes over to their side. Reality. Win and all the problems with the media go away

Sure. Anyone with Schopp's grasp of football would feel that way. Anything beyond looking at the W/L record and his brain locks. But other media, the people who are experts of the game, see the Bills improving. Big questions with EJ, for sure, but they see a roster that is growing with talent. The kind of stuff that whizzes right over Schopp and Bulldog's head. Schopp should thank the baby jesus every day that he has his job because he is so unqualified at it it's not funny.