Worst Game in Bills History

I live in the heart of Packer country, they had stopped laughing at me well before that. But I agree, that was the worst execution of a football play by an individual.... ever

He quit out there. It wasn't the first time he quit on that team either. In the 2009 season, he threw two or three straight passes 10 feet over TO's head and then looked back at the bench almost mockingly. The usually calm and collected TO was beside himself. Edwards body language was unmistakeably "see, I threw to TO just like you told me". Quitter.

EDIT: I looked it up. 2 straight incomplete passes to TO, which I recall being completely un-catchable. Then he throws a pick 6 on 3rd down. Jauron benched him immediately afterward and put in the musket. Jauron got fired the next day and Fewell started Fitzy for the rest of 2009.

Edited by Jauronimo

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with almost all the games said. One that I have to mention because it still kills me to this day is that 29-24 loss to the steelers in 2004 I think it was. Win and we were "in" (playoffs) ... Instead we get our butts kicked by 2nd and 3rd stringers.

so embarrassing and maddening.

Thanks Drew. :thumbdown:

worst game maybe 6-3 Browns... 8-0 Browns in the Blizzard was awful too. 6-3 OT vs Giants Replacement Players in 1987 had to be the worst.

Worst watching experience? Probably worse but off the top of my head is the Seattle in Toronto blowout and this season's game at Tampa Bay

I forgot about that one. That was really bad too although I still think the 6-3 Browns game was worse. The thing that was interesting about the Giants game was that Lawrence Taylor played for the Giants against a bunch of replacement players, which was fascinating to me- watching him crush them but then still losing the game.

Oh I don't know, the Patriots dropping more than 50 on us, at home, in prime time, and going for on 4th day in the redzone up by more than 20 at that point was a particularly bad game.

And John Madden laughing about it in the commentary.

I don't want to go back too far in history, too many old wounds. Obviously that 6-3 Cleveland loss set a new low for professional sports. But if I had to pick one from recent memory, say the last 2 seasons, that Seattle game in Toronto was a pretty vicious beating. Team had no answers and just outright quit. I thought a few members of the defense might just void their contracts and retire after that game.

I agree with almost all the games said. One that I have to mention because it still kills me to this day is that 29-24 loss to the steelers in 2004 I think it was. Win and we were "in" (playoffs) ... Instead we get our butts kicked by 2nd and 3rd stringers.

so embarrassing and maddening.

It wasn't a "win and your in" game...we had to win and we also needed help from a few teams which we ultimately got, but we could have won that game and still missed out if we didn't get the help...

These for me... never have I felt worse than watching us lose to degenerates like A-hole michael irvin and the ever so pompous and super douchy jimmy johnson and Jerruh...

I refuse to watch any replays of those superbowls. but, I caught the JJ interview where he said this" our Superbowl was the conference championship game against the 49 ers. We knew we would beat the bIlls easily."

What a douche

Since everyone has covered the main games that stunk, I have to add a game from the EJ era. It's always the worst game when they lose but even more unbearable when you are in the crowd. Last year's Tampa Bay game was just painful to watch the QB play. I think that one tops the more resent horrible games. EJ was constantly checking down and inaccurate. Not to mention he looked so unsettled. I want to chalk that game up to him being a rookie in a foreign land but man lets hope that EJ doesn't rare his face this season.

EJ Threw 4 ints (two were tipped) and was sacked 7 times.

Edited by MClem06

October 18, 1998. The Flutie bootleg game. As that game is what eventually lead to the great divide amongst Bills fans who was better for us at QB. Flutie or RJ. It also gave off the impression that Flutie just wins etc. Toss in forcing to play Flutie over RJ it slowed down the rebuild process and/or contributed to us taking Bledsoe from the Patriots. Sure we won the game but in the end it made us lose the battle in finding a true QB. Hopefully we've found one in EJ.