Know anyone with a disease? Read this

sounds good Boyst

it's fine for a recreational use, I can also accept that terminal and truly pain-ridden "expected" patients can have access to it

handing it out like Pez candy and telling kids who are 7 years old that it's a right and perfectly fine to use every day is heading for a major collapse

On 4/23/2018 at 8:40 AM, Bob in Mich said:

In the past, Gupta's specials have been focused on medical use of cannabis rather than promoting recreational (aka adult) use.  I included the promo for the show in the same post as the link to  'The Exit Drug'.  That video discusses the advantages of medical cannabis rather than opiates for pain management and PTSD.  In my opinion, Weed 4 will likely hit upon many of the same points.  CNN will likely put out a promo video but I didn't see one yet.

Sanjay Gupta's prior episodes of 'Weed' deserve a great deal of credit for educating the masses on the possibilities of medical cannabis.  Hopefully this new episode follows suit.

Weed 4 from CNN's Sanjay Gupta is premiering Sunday, 4/29, @ 8pm eastern   Here is the video preview

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2018/04/23/weed-4-pot-vs-pills-trailer.cnn

On 4/27/2018 at 10:23 AM, Bob in Mich said:

Weed 4 from CNN's Sanjay Gupta is premiering Sunday, 4/29, @ 8pm eastern   Here is the video preview

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2018/04/23/weed-4-pot-vs-pills-trailer.cnn

I just watched Weed 4 - Pot vs Pills.  It was pretty interesting and much more NFL oriented than I expected.  It follows a player applying for an exemption from the NFL so that he can use medical cannabis in 2018.

It replays tonight at 11pm eastern on CNN and I am fairly certain that they will replay it again sometime over the next few weeks.  Might want to set the DVR.

Edited by Bob in Mich

• 2 weeks later...

For a drug to be used in a medical treatment to be effective it has to have maximum theauraputic benefits with minimum adverse side effects. 

A route of administration is another factor the fastest being IV administration.

Oral in particular pill form is a popular one. 

So if the FDA one day wants to approve marijuana for medical treatment, you all realize you won’t be smoking it right? It would be probably be in pill form. 

My point is if you want legalize it for recreational drug use go for it, but if all you want to do is smoke it, medical angle might backfire. 

9 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

For a drug to be used in a medical treatment to be effective it has to have maximum theauraputic benefits with minimum adverse side effects. 

A route of administration is another factor the fastest being IV administration.

So if the FDA one day wants to approve marijuana for medical treatment, you all realize you won’t be smoking it right? It would be probably be in pill form. 

My point is if you want legalize it for recreational drug use go for it, but if all you want to do is smoke it, medical angle might backfire. 

they are convinced it has magical powers that solve all problems BAM!!!

5 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

An even more basic point: for it to be a drug, you have to isolate the active compound and study it to figure out effect, dosage, risks, side-effects.

It's the difference between chewing on willow bark and taking an aspirin.

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

An even more basic point: for it to be a drug, you have to isolate the active compound and study it to figure out effect, dosage, risks, side-effects.

It's the difference between chewing on willow bark and taking an aspirin.

When you have a conflict with two sides, you have to set boundaries and see what both sides are considering "already 100% proven fact with 0% doubt"

libs hold about 10,000,000 things in that category that make conservatives laugh and fear they will die from laughing

pot is a 100% safe and non-addictive drug that makes all things magically go away that bother you

that isn't even negotiable.