Know anyone with a disease? Read this

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

More to the point, he was on a shitload of drugs that can be described as "not pot," which is curious since...y'know, pot cures everything.

Obviously he forgot to smoke a bowl to counteract the drugs he 'accidentally' overdosed on.

The day in 2007 that Alabama police raided his stepfather's house on suspicion of growing marijuana, Robert Bradford remembers the sheriff looking out the window and remarking, "This'll make a great shooting range for training the police department, this property."

Royce Williams, Bradford's stepfather, had been growing and using marijuana to manage pain from several surgeries, according to his family. He wasn't a drug dealer, they said. But that didn't matter to local law enforcement, which initiated court proceedings to seize the 40 acres of property that had been in his family for generations.

Under a controversial tool called civil asset forfeiture, prosecutors continued to pursue the property even after Williams' 2009 suicide—a last-ditch attempt to keep it in his family's name. Williams' wife, battling terminal cancer, continued to fight in federal court and ultimately won, although she went deep into debt.

Williams' case was one of several profiled in a report on civil asset forfeiture released today by two civil rights groups, the Southern Poverty Law Center and the Alabama Appleseed Center for Law & Justice.

Alabama law enforcement raked in roughly $2.2 million through civil asset forfeiture in 2015, according to the report, which examined forfeiture cases in 14 counties. The report reveals a widespread lack of transparency, uncovers large racial disparities, and shows that marijuana offenses were a major driver of forfeiture actions.

http://reason.com/blog/2018/01/23/alabama-raked-in-22-million-in-civil-ass

No wonder law enforcement favors keeping this harmless weed illegal 

We have to accept that some are going to fall into addiction no matter what (red lights in society), and we should try to educate and encourage people who are caution lights who could be persuaded or strong armed into addiction ruining their lives, and everyone who cares about them.

On 12/15/2017 at 5:54 AM, Chef Jim said:

I was given some cannibis chocolates with my last delivery. Yes they deliver here. This isn’t Oakland for sure. No dispensaries on every corner in South Orange County.  They were labeled with 15g of THC. That means nothing to me.  So I tried half. Took over an hour to take effect which was weird. I only like a tiny buzz and smoke a very small amount when I do (which is rarely) and this was like when I used to do acid and I kept wondering “ is this it or am I going to get higher??”  

No thanks. 

I have been unimpressed with edibles myself. I think the 10mg THC of an edible is nice to feel cozy on the inside and maybe help aches and pains. But, it wont get me any type of buzz. Gotta just go and try 50-100. Also, you might consider upping your dose of acid, next time. That said, Orange County Safe Access in Sant-ana isn't that far away from south county. 

Also, this was done to my kind and folks, just like the ones one these boards, were stopped. Never Forget.

lips_that_touch_liquor_shall_not_touch_o

Edited by Paulus

Just now, Paulus said:

I have been unimpressed with edibles myself. I think the 10mg THC of an edible is nice to feel cozy on the inside and maybe help aches and pains. But, it wont get me any type of buzz. Gotta just go and try 50-100. Also, you might consider upping your dose of acid, next time. That said, Orange County Safe Access in Sant-ana isn't that far away from south county. 

Get the 100mg gummy bears. A couple of those bad boys and you will have a serious body high for 3-4 hours.

1 minute ago, gatorbait said:

Get the 100mg gummy bears. A couple of those bad boys and you will have a serious body high for 3-4 hours.

Yeah, the problem that causes this and why they tend to recommend light doses is because of the light-weights who think they almost died from eating 10mgs. Honestly, smoking bud makes me paranoid, but wax/oil doesn't, despite the jump in THC. I really don't know why. 

4 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Yeah, the problem that causes this and why they tend to recommend light doses is because of the light-weights who think they almost died from eating 10mgs. Honestly, smoking bud makes me paranoid, but wax/oil doesn't, despite the jump in THC. I really don't know why. 

Yeah I agree. Back in college this dweeb smoked a blunt with us and had a full blown panic attack. He locked himself in the bathroom and called his parents saying he was dying. Long story short the cops came and that night sucked. 

A lot of people, Rhino can maybe elaborate, take CBD for physical ailments and medical reasons. All the good effects without the psychoactive effects or anxiety.

4 hours ago, gatorbait said:

Yeah I agree. Back in college this dweeb smoked a blunt with us and had a full blown panic attack. He locked himself in the bathroom and called his parents saying he was dying. Long story short the cops came and that night sucked. 

A lot of people, Rhino can maybe elaborate, take CBD for physical ailments and medical reasons. All the good effects without the psychoactive effects or anxiety.

I am aware of the CBD only stuff. It honestly works great for some people. I can empathize with the folks who get really weird when they smoke. It happens; and, itll happen more as it becomes legalized in different states. I am looking forward to the many neo-cons who will be waving stoned babies at the world, condemning pot, instead of the irresponsible parent(s) who let their kids anywhere near THC candies. Look at Tide Pods.

10 hours ago, Paulus said:

Also, this was done to my kind and folks, just like the ones one these boards, were stopped. Never Forget.

lips_that_touch_liquor_shall_not_touch_o

That's a really good looking group of women.

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently Gillibrand claims she will stop accepting corporate sponsorships.  Not sure if it will last but it would improve her ability to hear her constituents.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomangell/2018/02/23/senator-calls-out-big-pharma-for-opposing-legal-marijuana/#4792704a1bac

Gillibrand, in an appearance on Good Day New York on Friday morning, was responding to a question about whether marijuana is a "gateway drug" that leads people to try more dangerous substances.

"I don't see it as a gateway to opioids," she said. "What I see is the opioid industry and the drug companies that manufacture it, some of them in particular, are just trying to sell more drugs that addict patients and addict people across this country."

13 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

Apparently Gillibrand claims she will stop accepting corporate sponsorships.  Not sure if it will last but it would improve her ability to hear her constituents.

Does pot help with your hearing?  Because mine sucks after too many concerts, headphones, etc.