What is better, no guns, or more guns?

5 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Access to guns extinguishes rights to life weather by murder or suicide. Presumably, the families and friends of the 7,920 people lost to gun suicide wish that their loved one didn’t have access to the weapon that ended their life.  More guns, more open carry, more stand your ground laws, etc equals more danger to all  (owner as well as others) in society. 

Access does? Wow

4 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Absolutely. When your entire ideology is hatred and fear, this is the end result. 

The murders are almost exclusively in deep blue areas. These random ones are concerning but are extremely rare, which is why they are newsworthy. Liberal areas with 20 shootings a weekend are not newsworthy because they are expected 

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/28/2023 at 3:26 PM, SUNY_amherst said:

ok.. almost every day genius

No... it doesn't. It's rare. Prove to me otherwise. Show me where "every day" or "every other day" someone is going in to shoot up a school, a mall, a concert, etc. 

Again, it's RARE. 

• Like (+1) 1

Regarding the 79 yr old shooting and killing his leaf blowing neighbor:

“Once again, easy access to firearms has turned a dispute into a deadly crime,” Lake County State’s Attorney Eric Rinehart said of Martys’ murder. “We will support the victims and seek justice in the court rooms.” In all of the recent, high-profile incidents, the assailants shot a victim over a harmless mistake or a trivial everyday occurrence.

https://nypost.com/2023/04/28/illinois-man-ettore-lacchei-accused-of-shooting-neighbor-dead-for-using-a-leaf-blower/

Another senseless killing by a person who was probably not a career criminal, but who owned a gun and in a moment of rage chose the gun as the solution. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

This is where the left just keeps posting outliers while ignoring the majority of gun violence/mass shootings that are gang related.  cause they have no intent on actually addressing the issue.

Just yelling about guns for the benefit of the gun manufacturers.  the more the left screams ban, the more guns are sold.

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

The topic was mass shootings. The setting was not specified. Mass shootings happen every day in this country.

guys like you are gonna ruin it for us

It aint people like him doing the shooting. 

2 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

i didn’t say it was

Then how and what is he ruining.

Honestly every time you all talk about banning things, guns are sold at record numbers.  

But we know the DEM DA's in DEM strongholds will never go after the problem as it might go against all the Defund police narrative and attacking the loyal base.

40 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Then how and what is he ruining.

Honestly every time you all talk about banning things, guns are sold at record numbers.  

But we know the DEM DA's in DEM strongholds will never go after the problem as it might go against all the Defund police narrative and attacking the loyal base.

Well this is certainly a take. 

A dumb and wrong one, but it certainly is a take.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

26 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

because if you wanna say it’s not a mass shooting because it didn’t occur at a school/mall/whatever, people are gonna think you are psycho. 

the more people think gun owners are psycho, the less likely we are gonna be able to keep them in the future. Hence making him part of the problem 

it’s really not that hard of a concept for most adults. “Mass shooting” - mass=more than 1 and shooting=shot by firearms 

where it occurred is not relevant. Imagine if I said it’s not a mass shooting if it was rainy or cloudy that day. Just as dumb

I will *NEVER* consider a drive-by a "mass shooting". It's NOT on the same level as what happened in Vegas or Nashville. It takes away those mass events. 

13 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

The murders are almost exclusively in deep blue areas. These random ones are concerning but are extremely rare, which is why they are newsworthy. Liberal areas with 20 shootings a weekend are not newsworthy because they are expected 

Deep blue areas are ones with the most people, unlike the bumf*ck rural places.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

cool? I don’t care what you think. You are just wrong, congrats 

You believe some gang bangers shooting at each other is on the same level as some crazy dude shooting up a movie theater? 

The FBI, for some reason, agrees with me. They don't count those either. Why is that? 

So.... the FBI is wrong as well? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

you speak for the FBI now? You are embarrassing yourself 

Huh? Again, the FBI (in their research and reports) do NOT include gang violence in their "mass shootings" report. 

Dude, your lack of knowledge on the subject where as I have done EXTENSIVE research on it... you're the one embarrassing yourself. Not me. I don't need to get my information from Fox, CNN or MSNBC like you apparently are. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

God you sound like another one of those f-ing Covid-idiots. “I’ve done research”, lol. 

no, you’ve done validation of your own personal feelings. That’s a far cry from actual research, it’s embarrassing 

I've been involved with firearms, in some regards (if that's when I shot competitively across the United States as a teenager, weapons training in the military or building rifles today), since I was 9 years old. I've done research on the subject in college as a criminal justice major. 

Not sure why you are such a moron to where you think I'm making stuff up when I said what the FBI counts and doesn't count. You want to b*tch and moan, make fun of, whatever.... call your local FBI office and tell them "This is just your own personal feelings!!!".

You f'ing idiot. AGAIN, the FBI does NOT include gang shootings or drug deals gone bad, etc. Those are not the same as a legit mass shooter. 

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/active-shooter-incidents-in-the-us-2021-052422.pdf/view

FBI.JPG.a150530040b4d691fb2e226e28a9e2ad.JPG

• Like (+1) 1