What is better, no guns, or more guns?

I am surprised that Billsy did not beat me here about the shooting at the Denver area school. That shooting will not happen at my school, no student who required a daily pat down would still be going to my school. Some of these shootings are shocking, this one is predictable because of poor policy from the school 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

What law could have stopped either of these? 

Well in Denver’s case, perhaps a school resource officer?

https://www.dpsk12.org/sro-transition/

The DPS Board of Education (BoE) approved a resolution in the summer of 2020 to end all SRO contracts with the Denver Police Department (DPD). Part of the reasoning for this decision is the belief that the close proximity of law enforcement to students on campuses directly contributes to the school-to-prison pipeline. Studies show that Black and Brown students arrested for minor school infractions are more likely to end up in the adult criminal system, entrenching the school-to-prison pipeline.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

I am surprised that Billsy did not beat me here about the shooting at the Denver area school. That shooting will not happen at my school, no student who required a daily pat down would still be going to my school. Some of these shootings are shocking, this one is predictable because of poor policy from the school 

Betting those two deans got a hell of a suit now.  hopefully the one in ICU recovers.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, LeviF said:

Well in Denver’s case, perhaps a school resource officer?

https://www.dpsk12.org/sro-transition/

Every school needs a SRO. We used to have one here at the school I work for, but we haven't had one for 3 years. Next fall, we are bringing one back (thankfully). 

As for the kid in Denver... I'm shocked he was allowed back at the school. We do threat assessments all the time with students and if they get to the point to where they need a safety plan, they are going home and doing their school work virtually. We aren't going to risk it. They CLEARLY should have done that with this kid in Denver. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Every school needs a SRO. We used to have one here at the school I work for, but we haven't had one for 3 years. Next fall, we are bringing one back (thankfully). 

As for the kid in Denver... I'm shocked he was allowed back at the school. We do threat assessments all the time with students and if they get to the point to where they need a safety plan, they are going home and doing their school work virtually. We aren't going to risk it. They CLEARLY should have done that with this kid in Denver. 

Well, sending him home would probably work to further the school-to-prison pipeline. Or something. 

• Like (+1) 2

Is this the old "guns kill people" thing? Anyone with half a brain knows that isn't true... at all. People kill people. Like my butcher knife in the kitchen is going to suddenly wake up, follow me around, and then whack me? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 2

4 minutes ago, T&C said:

Is this the old "guns kill people" thing? Anyone with half a brain knows that isn't true... at all. People kill people. Like my butcher knife in the kitchen is going to suddenly wake up, follow me around, and then whack me? 

You tell this to the parents of the 3 KIDS and the families of the 3 adults slaughtered today.

33 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You tell this to the parents of the 3 KIDS and the families of the 3 adults slaughtered today.

Tell them that T&C has a 9mm 6' away from where he's typing this... and it isn't killing anyone. 

Your takes are so absurd that I get chuckles... so I'll give you that much.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, T&C said:

Tell them that T&C has a 9mm 6' away from where he's typing this... and it isn't killing anyone. 

Try not to take him too seriously, he's not a real person.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Female shooter in TEN.. jilted lover maybe ? Females are not commonly mass shooters. Probably after an adult for some type of revenge. We will see. Seems she entered through a side door. Seems like a security failure that she gained entry. Again, the weapon isn’t the villain here - the psychopath is. 

1 minute ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Try not to take him too seriously, he's not a real person.

Yep. Massive troll with idiotic takes. 

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, T&C said:

I’m glad I make the insecure types like you chuckle.

Karma is gonna suck.

6 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Female shooter in TEN.. jilted lover maybe ? Females are not commonly mass shooters. Probably after an adult for some type of revenge. We will see. Seems she entered through a side door. Seems like a security failure that she gained entry. Again, the weapon isn’t the villain here - the psychopath is. 

Yep. Massive troll with idiotic takes. 

Seems our country has many more psychopaths than the rest of the world then since these events are so much more common here...

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

Seems our country has many more psychopaths than the rest of the world then since these events are so much more commonly here...

That may be true. You can thank the libtards for that. Psychopaths who think down is up. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1