What is better, no guns, or more guns?

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'd think 0.

Maybe Vegas? Maybe? (only because I don't remember the specifics of the weapons involved)... 

If you go back far enough, maybe Clyde Barrow, John Dillinger, and the shooters at the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.  

I just looked it up...yes, the Vegas shooter had 12 100-round drum magazines (which is a hell of a lot of ammo).  And he had more 5.56 rifles than he had drum magazine.  I always thought he had half-a dozen guns in the room - turns out it was more like 30.  :wacko:

That, and Dayton, this past August, and Aurora, Colorado in 2012 (when the magazine jammed) are the only ones I can find.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

I just looked it up...yes, the Vegas shooter had 12 100-round drum magazines (which is a hell of a lot of ammo).  And he had more 5.56 rifles than he had drum magazine.  I always thought he had half-a dozen guns in the room - turns out it was more like 30.  :wacko:

And to this day, we've never seen any of the video of him taking all that weaponry from the lobby, to the elevator, to his room. I do not doubt the weapons were there -- I question the need to deny showing the public his transportation of them into his room. Seems like it'd be pretty easy to spot in a town that has video cameras everywhere. 

(I still hold he was a gun runner for the IC)

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And to this day, we've never seen any of the video of him taking all that weaponry from the lobby, to the elevator, to his room. I do not doubt the weapons were there -- I question the need to deny showing the public his transportation of them into his room. Seems like it'd be pretty easy to spot in a town that has video cameras everywhere. 

(I still hold he was a gun runner for the IC)

I still hold you are are conspiracy nut job! I bet Biden was the real shooter!!!! 

1 minute ago, thebug said:

I still hold you are are conspiracy nut job! I bet Biden was the real shooter!!!! 

Yep, it was Biden.  Beau Biden.  They faked his death, in part so he could go undercover for the USPS, to stage the shooting to embarrass the NRA and Trump.  I mean, you don't really think he had brain cancer?  That was a cover story for his time in the MKULTRA conditioning program.  WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!!

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Yep, it was Biden.  Beau Biden.  They faked his death, in part so he could go undercover for the USPS, to stage the shooting to embarrass the NRA and Trump.  I mean, you don't really think he had brain cancer?  That was a cover story for his time in the MKULTRA conditioning program.  WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!!

Interesting theory. I actually meant that it was likely Joe Biden’s mother. 

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

I KNOW DUE PROCESS. DUE PROCESS IS A FRIEND OF MINE. AND THIS IS NOT DUE PROCESS: 

Man Stripped of Guns After Lawsuit Rival Files Red Flag Complaint.

I’m so old I can remember being assured that commonsense red flag laws could never, ever be abused in this way.

Although there needs to be an instrument of law to disarm people threatening violence, the real question is where the line should be drawn.

:lol:  No, it isn't.  The people passing these laws have already answered; the line is "confiscate all guns."

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Did Virginians think the dems were joking? Elections have consequences... maybe that'll teach 'em.

:sigh:

the 'up is down dynamic' gets worse and worse everyday. you couldn't make half this ***** up if you tried

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Did Virginians think the dems were joking? Elections have consequences... maybe that'll teach 'em.

Bloomberg spent a ton of money over the last 6 years turning this state from purple to blue.  And it worked.  Fear-mongering is a powerful tool. 

Look for the NRA to move it’s HQ out of VA next

• Thank you (+1) 2

This is what happens when good people stay home and don't vote..

Gun Confiscation Comes to Virginia

by Jed Babbin

Original Article

Next year, Democrats will control both houses of Virginia’s state Legislature as well as its governorship. On November 18, State Sen. Dick Saslaw introduced a bill that he will sponsor in the 2020 legislative session. That bill will outlaw not only the sale or transfer but also the possession of certain firearms. Saslaw’s bill — SB 16 — provides that “It is unlawful for any person to import, sell, manufacture, purchase, possess or transport an assault firearm” and makes such actions a Class 6 felony. (In Virginia, Class 6 felonies are punishable by imprisonment for between one and five years.)

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

This is what happens when good people stay home and don't vote..

Gun Confiscation Comes to Virginia

by Jed Babbin

Original Article

Next year, Democrats will control both houses of Virginia’s state Legislature as well as its governorship. On November 18, State Sen. Dick Saslaw introduced a bill that he will sponsor in the 2020 legislative session. That bill will outlaw not only the sale or transfer but also the possession of certain firearms. Saslaw’s bill — SB 16 — provides that “It is unlawful for any person to import, sell, manufacture, purchase, possess or transport an assault firearm” and makes such actions a Class 6 felony. (In Virginia, Class 6 felonies are punishable by imprisonment for between one and five years.)

Of course, just wait until they redefine "assault firearm" to include everything.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Read the bill, and they nearly have.  

It sounds like the only spec they didn't use to qualify a gun as semi-automatic is "a compass on the stock and this thing that tells time."

But I'm sure they'll get to that in due time.

• Haha (+1) 2

African Americans Aren’t The Only People Democrats Want To Disarm

by Mark Overstreet

Original Article

Democrats running for president may have realized they angered voters by calling for gun bans and confiscation earlier this year, because they barely mentioned the subject in their November debate. However, as Ecclesiastes 1:9 reminds us, “What has been is what will be . . . there is nothing new under the sun.”

In the post-bellum South, Democrats prohibited blacks from possessing guns outright or imposed gun prohibitions selectively enforced against blacks, leaving them vulnerable to the Democrats’ Ku Klux Klan. In District of Columbia v. Heller (2008), the Supreme Court noted that “Blacks were routinely disarmed by Southern States after the Civil War.”

29 minutes ago, B-Man said:

“In addition, if necessary, I plan to properly screen and deputize thousands of our law-abiding citizens to protect their constitutional right to own firearms.”

More importantly, it keeps him from having to confiscate those guns under VA law.  The practical matter of avoiding that nightmare situation is a far better reason than any philosophical point.

• Like (+1) 1