What is better, no guns, or more guns?

Ya got me, Nanker.

Remember about a year ago when I apologized for calling you an ass? Well I am now convinced that I was right in the first place

That's just Nanker being Nanker.

The problem is, the arms race out there is getting more and more bigger. It obvious that more guns is worse and the years will prove it. When have arms races been any good? Sure there are the good gun owners, yet bad ones spoiling it for the group.

Unfortunately, the genie is out of the bottle and that is exactly the way the gun advos want it. Get used to the arms race.

Like I said, "This is why we can't have anything nice (free responsible gun ownership) in our country.

:(

Oh. So THAT's what Stoner Bob meant. What he wrote was:

I took it to mean that gun ownership could be restricted to just stoners like Bob.

I guess what he meant to say was, is it okay to restrict patients who have prescriptions for "medical" marijuana from owning guns?"

Fun little bit of trivia: the AR15 was invented by a stoner

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_Stoner

Ya got me, Nanker.

Remember about a year ago when I apologized for calling you an ass? Well I am now convinced that I was right in the first place

No, frankly I don't. Don't care much about what you say or think. 0:)

Fun little bit of trivia: the AR15 was invented by a stoner

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_Stoner

:o Don't tell Bob. He'll want to go out and buy one.

The cartridge:

223+and+22.jpg

The projectile:

5100068997_1a6c185073.jpg

The result

22-vs-.223-vs-pipe.jpg

Thx... I am very aware of the difference. I may or may not own weapons of both calibers.

Just messing with some of the non gun types

More importantly who uses steel cased .223 in your pic?

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

That's just Nanker being Nanker.

The problem is, the arms race out there is getting more and more bigger. It obvious that more guns is worse and the years will prove it. When have arms races been any good? Sure there are the good gun owners, yet bad ones spoiling it for the group.

Unfortunately, the genie is out of the bottle and that is exactly the way the gun advos want it. Get used to the arms race.

Like I said, "This is why we can't have anything nice (free responsible gun ownership) in our country.

:(

As long as Bob has not committed any crimes that he hasn't admitted to here and can legally purchase a firearm, I support his right to buy an AR15.

Oh me too. But he's not allowed on my club's range if he's doped up. And I wouldn't want to be around him or anyone else for that matter that was either drinking, smokin', or doing drugs. Those things don't mix well with guns & ammo.

Jim Jefferies, a comedian, makes several good points...with humor.

Note: Lots of bad language

He's right. People want guns simply because they enjoy them, want them because it is a granted right. The 2nd has been interpreted looser than it even has been and technology and manufacturing, distribution has made it easier and easier to obtain weapons and ammo. Now... Counter that with more and more convoluted and wishy washy legislation while mixing in a 1000 different jurisdictions and borders. I have no prob w/that. Just deal with the effed up consequences.

Then there is: Everybody gets sad, it's there, boom! He gone!!... Think how many times this touches people's life? Out of such a small group here, over the last 15 years, there has been two incidents that I can cite first hand. Anybody come forwards on how many lives they've saved by packing? Be truthful.

All... This as I sit @ home, windows wide open and the rapid fire cadence bursts of a semi-automatic weapon going off in the distance just a few minutes ago. And no, they weren't fireworks... Bursts too perfectly balanced. I live in the country (still a village of 10k, Will County, IL), 20 miles from Chicago city limits, corn and soy everwhere. Nobody even blinks an eye anymore @ the cadence of bursts.

People want guns because they want guns. As the years melt away, we deal with the consequences of this selfishness.

Stay safe.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Did she say "check out my cumming videos??"

I was wondering what our 2nd Amendment supporters thought of this ruling.

Is it OK to restrict gun ownership to medical marijuana patients?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/us-court-upholds-ban-gun-sales-marijuana-card-41778814

"We live in a world where having a medical marijuana card is enough to say you don't get a gun, but if you're on the no fly list your constitutional right is still protected," he said.

Probably the only time I agree with you. I can't get a gun because I have a MMC and smoke a couple times a month. But a raging alcoholic has no problem.

Actually, medical marijuana is for anyone with $200 to get a web meeting with some remote doctor to approve your prescription.

What?? $200?? $35 here in Oaksterdam.

medical Mary jane is for folks with mental disorders an rarely for people with actual phsyial disorders. I'm OK with this. Crazy, stupid and hippies shouldn't have guns

You deny the permit for people with mental disorders not based on what they take for it.

Tell me, in your own words, what good points he makes please?

I know you are not asking me, but he makes a good point on guns making the impulse to commit suicide more efficient. Sure, one can jump off a bridge, hang themselves, pop pills, etc... Where there is a will there is a way, yet it is preventable and guns simply make it easier and more efficient. I mentioned two cases on this board alone. Both by firearms.

Here's the facts to back it up:

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/magazine/magazine_article/guns-suicide/

"In the national debate over gun violencea debate stoked by mass murders such as last Decembers tragedy in a Newtown, Connecticut, elementary schoola glaring fact gets obscured: Far more people kill themselves with a firearm each year than are murdered with one. In 2010 in the U.S., 19,392 people committed suicide with guns, compared with 11,078 who were killed by others. According to Matthew Miller, associate director of the Harvard Injury Control Research Center (HICRC) at Harvard School of Public Health, If every life is important, and if youre trying to save people from dying by gunfire, then you cant ignore nearly two-thirds of the people who are dying. Suicide is the 10th-leading cause of death in the U.S.; in 2010, 38,364 people killed themselves. In more than half of these cases, they used firearms. Indeed, more people in this country kill themselves with guns than with all other intentional means combined, including hanging, poisoning or overdose, jumping, or cutting. Though guns are not the most common method by which people attempt suicide, they are the most lethal. About 85 percent of suicide attempts with a firearm end in death. (Drug overdose, the most widely used method in suicide attempts, is fatal in less than 3 percent of cases.) Moreover, guns are an irreversible solution to what is often a passing crisis. Suicidal individuals who take pills or inhale car exhaust or use razors have time to reconsider their actions or summon help. With a firearm, once the trigger is pulled, theres no turning back..."

http://www.voanews.com/a/suicide-has-ripple-effect-on-families-communities-societies/3501763.html

"Guns and suicide

The WHO urges countries to reduce access to the means of suicide. Statistics show having access to a firearm increases the risk of suicide, and in fact, in the U.S., half of all suicides are committed with a gun. Georges Benjamin, executive director of the American Public Health Association, said there are ways to change that statistic. "We can make the firearm safer. We can make people safer with their firearms, and then we can make the environment itself safer."

Paugh's son Peter bought a gun, to go target shooting and for protection. Then her life was shaken once more. "I lost my son in 2012," she said. Peter was 25 years old when he shot himself."

https://www.thetrace.org/2016/09/10-facts-guns-suicide-prevention-month/

"Guns are not the most common means of suicide attempt, but they result in more deaths than every other method combined..."

VERY IMPORTANT (can't figure way to bold on phone):

"Moreover, guns are an irreversible solution to what is often a passing crisis."

"what is often a passing crisis."

I know you are not asking me, but he makes a good point on guns making the impulse to commit suicide more efficient. Sure, one can jump off a bridge, hang themselves, pop pills, etc... Where there is a will there is a way, yet it is preventable and guns simply make it easier and more efficient. I mentioned two cases on this board alone. Both by firearms.

Here's the facts to back it up:

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/magazine/magazine_article/guns-suicide/

"In the national debate over gun violencea debate stoked by mass murders such as last Decembers tragedy in a Newtown, Connecticut, elementary schoola glaring fact gets obscured: Far more people kill themselves with a firearm each year than are murdered with one. In 2010 in the U.S., 19,392 people committed suicide with guns, compared with 11,078 who were killed by others. According to Matthew Miller, associate director of the Harvard Injury Control Research Center (HICRC) at Harvard School of Public Health, If every life is important, and if youre trying to save people from dying by gunfire, then you cant ignore nearly two-thirds of the people who are dying. Suicide is the 10th-leading cause of death in the U.S.; in 2010, 38,364 people killed themselves. In more than half of these cases, they used firearms. Indeed, more people in this country kill themselves with guns than with all other intentional means combined, including hanging, poisoning or overdose, jumping, or cutting. Though guns are not the most common method by which people attempt suicide, they are the most lethal. About 85 percent of suicide attempts with a firearm end in death. (Drug overdose, the most widely used method in suicide attempts, is fatal in less than 3 percent of cases.) Moreover, guns are an irreversible solution to what is often a passing crisis. Suicidal individuals who take pills or inhale car exhaust or use razors have time to reconsider their actions or summon help. With a firearm, once the trigger is pulled, theres no turning back..."

http://www.voanews.com/a/suicide-has-ripple-effect-on-families-communities-societies/3501763.html

"Guns and suicide

The WHO urges countries to reduce access to the means of suicide. Statistics show having access to a firearm increases the risk of suicide, and in fact, in the U.S., half of all suicides are committed with a gun. Georges Benjamin, executive director of the American Public Health Association, said there are ways to change that statistic. "We can make the firearm safer. We can make people safer with their firearms, and then we can make the environment itself safer."

Paugh's son Peter bought a gun, to go target shooting and for protection. Then her life was shaken once more. "I lost my son in 2012," she said. Peter was 25 years old when he shot himself."

https://www.thetrace.org/2016/09/10-facts-guns-suicide-prevention-month/

"Guns are not the most common means of suicide attempt, but they result in more deaths than every other method combined..."

VERY IMPORTANT (can't figure way to bold on phone):

"Moreover, guns are an irreversible solution to what is often a passing crisis."

"what is often a passing crisis."

As sad as suicide is, I refuse to give up my freedoms because .006609824% of the population offs themselves with a gun.

As sad as suicide is, I refuse to give up my freedoms because .006609824% of the population offs themselves with a gun.

Fair enough.

Move to the Inter-Mountain West. Check out this map, ranking:

https://afsp.org/about-suicide/suicide-statistics/

Any shock? More offing themselves in the red & purple areas.

You guys are like Kamikazes...