Belichick caught cheating again?

As I previously stated.... I'm not one to judge... If I had to guess, I would assume that IF he violated the rules in this scenario that this punishment would escalate from his previous punishment....

so you are saying if taken seriously it would escalate from the 1st round pick and a $500k fine?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but finishing your post with, "end of story," does not make your post even remotely definitive. Personally, I could not disagree with your sentiment more, and quite frankly find it offensive.

You don't want to win badly enough.

Hey quite a philosophy for life too? You said it. Tell me about it, ain't it the truth. Funny thing is, BB has only won it all 3 times and by the skin of his teeth AND has since to win it all after being caught red handed.

Bill Belichick is a winner, and does what he has to do to find an edge.

Sorry, but I really hope you're not in a position where you influence kids, be that as a teacher, coach, whatever. That attitude's a lot of what's wrong with society today. "Win at all costs", and it used to at least be "but don't get caught"--today if you get caught, you get your own reality show....

I teach my kids to find what they love, and do the best they can. If what they love to do it win, then they should do whatever it takes to win. You may not like it, but that's how life works. Awards that matter aren't given for good citizenship, and the winners write the rules. You might raise your kids to earn participation trophies. I raise mine to succeed.

Wow. Do you have kids and if so, is this what you're teaching them?

I teach my kids to do what they love, and if what they love to do is win, then they should do what it takes to win. That's how the world works.

I'm sorry, could you start over again- I think I missed the beginning of the story...

The beginning of the story is that you don't really want to win.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

I don't see the need for name-calling.

It's just a game.

And this has been a very civil discussion.

He's the best coach ever in the NFL. If he was in Buffalo, we'd all love him. I, for one, respect the hell out of him; and Brady - who could possibly be the best QB to ever play in the NFL. And if HE was a Bill, we'd all love him, too.

They win. A lot. And fans of other teams - especially other AFC East teams - are simply jealous.

I don't think it is fair to label you a lemming, but it is also not fair to attribute my motives in calling BB a cheater to mere jealousy. That pushes right up against the border of civility, IMO. He cheated, he undermined the integrity of the game. You choose to look the other way. I do not.

kj

the rule says this:

“players are not permitted to participate in Club-supervised workouts, Club-supervised practices, group or individual meetings with coaches, group or individual film study with coaches, or group or individual playbook study with coaches.”

Doesn't say specifically discussing football. Nor does it say whether texting constitiutes a meeting--or what a meeting is.

Of they talked about football at all, it constitutes and "individual meeting." There is no other conclusion that can be drawn. It's a flat/round world debate.

I don't see the need for name-calling.

It's just a game.

And this has been a very civil discussion.

I'm being civil. As for name calling... I wouldn't go that far, I called out nobody individually. Just a game... lol! Just a multi-billion dollar game. And really all good, I lose no sleep over Beilcheat, but if I keep reading how superawesomespectacularamazeballs he is I have to say something every now and again.

so you are saying if taken seriously it would escalate from the 1st round pick and a $500k fine?

My opinion is that violating the leagues rules is violating the leagues rules, and if this is found to be another case of him violating the teams rules, it should be dealt with accordingly... I know that sounds ambiguous- but if there is a "strike" type structure- then yes, if there is a violation, I would expect this punishment to escalate...

I teach my kids to find what they love, and do the best they can. If what they love to do it win, then they should do whatever it takes to win. You may not like it, but that's how life works. Awards that matter aren't given for good citizenship, and the winners write the rules. You might raise your kids to earn participation trophies. I raise mine to succeed.

I teach my kids to do what they love, and if what they love to do is win, then they should do what it takes to win. That's how the world works.

I'm sorry... Why is it that you think that I don't want the Bills to win?

Of they talked about football at all, it constitutes and "individual meeting." There is no other conclusion that can be drawn. It's a flat/round world debate.

Waht if they didn't talk about football. Where in that rule does it mention football talk?

This rule is, as NoSAint says, a negotiated agreement between the players and the teams in the CBA, presumedly so the team wouldn't hound the players about football in the off season., not because there is any imaginable advantage to be gained by textign a player about blocking schemes and passing routes. There is no advantage gained here.

And what was Manning and his coach's penalty last year for meeting at Saban's and talking about football?

My opinion is that violating the leagues rules is violating the leagues rules, and if this is found to be another case of him violating the teams rules, it should be dealt with accordingly... I know that sounds ambiguous- but if there is a "strike" type structure- then yes, if there is a violation, I would expect this punishment to escalate...

i guess, in theory, i have to question the philosophy a little.

are you of the belief that a rule is a rule is a rule, or that there are speeding tickets, and there are felonies?

in my opinion, texting about football in a non-designated window sounds a lot like a speeding ticket. it just seems out of line for it to use the spygate plus an escalation as a jumping off point for any and all future rule violations.

Edited by NoSaint

I just read your comments to others about BB doing what it takes to win... Obviously as previously discovered, some if those antics are in violation of league rules... So you are suggesting that by not condoning that behavior I don't want the Bills to win?? And by teaching your children to do whatever it takes to win, you would condone them violating rules to gain an advantage?

I'm not assuming anything, I'm just asking these questions to better understand your perspective..

i guess, in theory, i have to question the philosophy a little.

are you of the belief that a rule is a rule is a rule, or that there are speeding tickets, and there are felonies?

in my opinion, texting about football in a non-designated window sounds a lot like a speeding ticket. it just seems out of line for it to use the spygate plus an escalation as a jumping off point for any and all future rule violations.

We are getting somewhere, lol... I completely see what you are saying, and I agree that some rule violations may have a more direct impact on the game, and some don't... But by not treating rule violations equally you open pandora a box of whatever interpretation the commish wants to take... I think that the most fair and objective way to go about things is for the league to treat a rule as a rule as a rule... But what WILL happen- it will have to be seen... Clearly it hasn't even been proven that there was a violation- and honestly, I hope there wasn't one.,.

I can go either way with your comments... I can agree that you need to do as much as is needed to succeed, but therein lies the rub. What are you calling "success"? In reference to kids I would say that winning at all costs is more damaging in the long run. All of my kids play(ed) at a high (select) level of ball, but to me at this age it's still about development, competing and learning life lessons. Cheating isn't winning at that level; all you learn is that you'll continue to cheat to stay "on top" like Belicheat. Integrity, hard work, perseverance should rule the day... now you want to talk about win at all costs like a war or life, well then you're talking something different; at that point it is win at all cost. Players taking PED's are considered "cheaters" and they do those to gain a "competitive advantage", however it's against the rules, so if they get caught, they are banned. Why should it be different for coaches? Why is he put on a pedestal for cheating?

So, Belichick cheated. BFD! There isn't a coach in the NFL that hasn't cheated in his career. Yet many target Belichick and asterisk such a thing in relation to the Patriots.

Not only is this perplexing but it screams of jealousy.

Bill Belicheat is who he is because of Tom Brady. He was a failure in Cleveland and had a losing record in New England before Brady took over. Also, the people who always talk about the 2008 season when Brady was hurt the whole season and Matt Cassel played and they went 11-5 but missed the playoffs, why don't they take a look at who the patriots beat that season and who they lost to. Four out of their five losses were against teams with winning records and 10 out of their 11 wins were against teams with losing records. The only team they beat that season with a winning record was the Cardinals in a late december blizzard in New England.

Belicheat lucked out with Brady. He wouldn't even be a head coach in this league right now if he would have stuck with Bledsoe or had another QB

The bolded is laughable. He was 16-16 as the Browns HC.

1994 - 11-5 Won a playoff game.

1995 - 5-11 Started 4-4, then the Browns announced they were moving and the players gave up.

WRT New England, are you really surprised a coach didn't find immediate success his first year with the team? Year 2, with a 6th round back up QB, he won the Super Bowl. If you can't remember that year, the defense (BB's specialty), was the reason they won it all. Brady was basically a game manager. I understand thinking he's a cheat and not liking them because they've dominated us for years, but it is silly to just throw statements like that out there.

Also, since you named Parcells as one of your all time greats in another post, just remember that BB's defensive gameplan in Super Bowl 25 was the reason they won that game against us. That's why it's in the Hall of Fame.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

So, Belichick cheated. BFD! There isn't a coach in the NFL that hasn't cheated in his career. Yet many target Belichick and asterisk such a thing in relation to the Patriots.

Not only is this perplexing but it screams of jealousy.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not jealous of Belicheat at all. However I will take exception to your comment about "BFD"... it IS a big freaking deal. Just because you don't give a damn about someone cheating doesn't make it right. You also make a comment about ALL coaches cheating... that's a very generalist comment that holds no weight at all. Seems that you're defending your hero and that's ok, but what he did and most likely continues (illegally) to do isn't.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not jealous of Belicheat at all. However I will take exception to your comment about "BFD"... it IS a big freaking deal. Just because you don't give a damn about someone cheating doesn't make it right. You also make a comment about ALL coaches cheating... that's a very generalist comment that holds no weight at all. Seems that you're defending your hero and that's ok, but what he did and most likely continues (illegally) to do isn't.

You don't think that every NFL coach has, at some time during their ramp up to the epitome of coaching level in their sport, not once cheated? OK, nothing I say will convince you otherwise. So keep asterisking away :rolleyes:

I'm actually quite opposite. I always praise BB (for his coaching only) and put down Brady.

Calling BB best coach ever.

HOWEVER, AS OF TODAY, I'm changing opinions. He's not the best coach ever. I hate him more. He's a cheater.

I've never liked his no emotion stupid face. His stupid voice.

I would love to be in the presser after pats going 0-16 and be the one shouting, "Speak up mutherf r, we cant hear you. Dont talk stupid you ugly muther f "

Sorry, but I really hope you're not in a position where you influence kids, be that as a teacher, coach, whatever. That attitude's a lot of what's wrong with society today. "Win at all costs", and it used to at least be "but don't get caught"--today if you get caught, you get your own reality show....

Check it out!

And you wonder why people need regulation. Crooks usually need to be regulated. Belicheat is the poster child for intervention from a governing source (NFL)... Aaron Hernandez from the public criminal side.

Oh wait, Belicheat gets the slap on the wrists for his anti-social, win at ALL cost (even moral) nature of doing business.

Some will always chaulk it up to "doing business" in a highly competitive society. "Greed is good."

Belichick isn't helping.

A million young poets, screamin' out their words

To a world full of people, just livin' to be heard

Future generations ridin' on the highways that we built

I hope they have a better understanding

Check it out

Goin' to work on Monday

Check it out

Got yourself a family

Check it out

All utility bills have been paid

You can't tell your best buddy that you love him

So check it out

Where does our time go

Check it out

Got a brand new house in escrow

Check it out

Sleepin' with your back to your loved one

This is all that we've learned about happiness

Check it out

Forgot to say hello to my neighbors

Check it out

Sometimes I question my own behavior

Check it out

Talkin' about the girls that we've seen on the sly

Just to tell our souls we're still the young lions

So check it out

Gettin' too drunk on Saturdays

Check it out

Playin' football with the kids on Sundays

Check it out

Soarin' with the eagles all week long

And this is all that we've learned about living

This is all that we've learned about living

Check it out

Check it out

Check it out

Check it out

A million young poets screamin' out their words

Maybe someday those words will be heard

By future generations ridin' on the highways that we built

Maybe they'll have a better understanding

Check it out

Hope they'll have a better understanding

Check it out

Check it out

Check it out

Hope they have a better understanding

Check it out

Check it out

Check it out

You don't think that every NFL coach has, at some time during their ramp up to the epitome of coaching level in their sport, not once cheated? OK, nothing I say will convince you otherwise. So keep asterisking away :rolleyes:

That's pretty much exactly what I'm saying. I have no proof to believe otherwise, however I do (as does the NFL) have proof that Belicheat has cheated. All you're doing is proving my point about the lack of independent thought. You think you can just throw out a comment stating "ALL" coaches cheated and try to pass that off as fact? Lol... C'mon man!

You need to understand there's gaining a competitive advantage LEGALLY and gaining a competitive advantage ILLEGALLY.

************************************************* <---- Many asterisks.