Marijuna related health problems on the rise in US

I'm not preaching old school values. I'm pointing out that the people who advocate for recreational marijuana use are, without exception, the same people I wouldn't trust to use safety scissors without hurting themselves and others.

As an advocate for legalization, I can vouch for this. Tom never lets me use the grown-up scissors. And probably with good reason, I'd just try to smoke it and end up killing myself.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Because it seems to me that a large % of people get paranoid as **** on it. Great times!

that's pretty much what happened to me. when you sit down and kick back at the end of the day, fire one up, and then sit there having a paranoid freak out in your own living room, it's time to let it go. as far as others smoking it, it doesn't bother me at all. I'd much rather have to hold a conversation with a stoner than someone who was drunk, and I think it's retarded to put people in jail for smoking it. as far as possible health effects are concerned, I don't know how bad marijuana is for you, but I do know that it isn't good for you. I will say though that I haven't found anything that remedies nausea more quickly & completely than weed does.

that's pretty much what happened to me. when you sit down and kick back at the end of the day, fire one up, and then sit there having a paranoid freak out in your own living room, it's time to let it go.

Hell, I don't need pot for that.

My friends are regular users, but not chronics, and I haven't noticed the paranoia.

You haven't noticed the paranoia? It seems like every other time I hear somebody talk about their experience with pot on the radio or on a podcast, it's about the paranoia, and like Azalin, they decided to let it go............Same thing with me, and other people I know in my life.

You haven't noticed the paranoia? It seems like every other time I hear somebody talk about their experience with pot on the radio or on a podcast, it's about the paranoia, and like Azalin, they decided to let it go............Same thing with me, and other people I know in my life.

No. I used to get paranoid when I smoked, but I don't see that anxiety in my friends.

No. I used to get paranoid when I smoked, but I don't see that anxiety in my friends.

the paranoia is mostly being afraid of getting busted for smoking it, be it the cops or your parents or your wife and or your kids. Even "responsible" drinkers get paranoid having a drink at lunch then going back to work.

BTW I haven't been paranoid in over 30 years. and

truth be told ... I'd rather have a paranoid pot smoker driving next to me than an uncaring drunk ready to run someone off the road.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

truth be told ... I'd rather have a paranoid pot smoker driving next to me than an uncaring drunk ready to run someone off the road.

Are those the only two choices? Great critical thinking there but then again.........stoner.

the paranoia is mostly being afraid of getting busted for smoking it, be it the cops or your parents or your wife and or your kids.

I can't speak to your experience or anyone else's, but my paranoia had nothing to do with cops, parents, wife, kids, or anyone else. I live alone, smoked it for nearly 40 years, and it just started making me feel like I wish I hadn't smoked it every time I did. it's like the old joke: 'doc, it hurts every time I do this'.....'don't do that'.

Pot has only become legal over time because we needed workers in factories TO NOT KILL EACH OTHER. You can easily tell who is drunk and if people are drinking, it is harder to tell when people are high. I firmly believe this. It is a safety issue. Just as we learned more over time about drunk driving not being good either.

We are a mobile society and we cannot afford to have people all wasted all the time and expect to have public safety while driving.

If we give in to pot, and it is fully legalized, then we have quit, and we are saying, we can never build anything again, we are a full fledged service country then. You can not trust people in a manufacturing environment when people are high, and you will need to have daily drug and sobriety tests then. It will be even more expensive to make crap here then.

Edited by Security

As an advocate for legalization, I can vouch for this. Tom never lets me use the grown-up scissors. And probably with good reason, I'd just try to smoke it and end up killing myself.

Seriously you're a stoner. We don't care if you kill yourself. It's the innocent bystander of your stoner scissor mishap.

Pot has only become legal over time because we needed workers in factories TO NOT KILL EACH OTHER. You can easily tell who is drunk and if people are drinking, it is harder to tell when people are high. I firmly believe this. It is a safety issue. Just as we learned more over time about drunk driving not being good either.

We are a mobile society and we cannot afford to have people all wasted all the time and expect to have public safety.

If we give in to pot, and it is fully legalized, then we have quit, and we are saying, we can never build anything again, we are a full fledged service country then. You can not trust people in a manufacturing environment when people are high, and you will need to have daily drug and sobriety tests then. It will be even more expensive to make crap here then.

Crayonz??

I do not believe it needs to be legalized, even though I have been know to indulge. It is not hard to get. It also satisfies drug sales in some communities. When legal, then the gangs and cartels will push harder stuff, and only morons would say that would not happen. Pot dealers are not going to get normal jobs. They may just start selling to even younger kids then too since 18 would be the legal age.

I also believe illegal prostitution, kidnapping to put in as sex slaves, and organ stealing after murder will happen down the line too.

I also believe when more drugs are legal, it is only natural that cops will assume MORE people are wasted, and your civil liberties will be violated more down the line too. More people will potentially be pulled over, cops will have no idea who is high or drunk at a point when more things are legalized.

Seriously you're a stoner. We don't care if you kill yourself. It's the innocent bystander of your stoner scissor mishap.

Crayonz??

Dispute me then. You will be wrong and will not be able to.

Because of legalization of pot we will never be able to build anything here again. And we will be required to drug test every day. I will dispute those..

When drugs are legal, the insurance rates for manufacturing will without a doubt go up. With increased legalization of pot, or anything else, people in charge will assume more people will get hurt. When more got old as a portion of our society the insurance companies assumed more people would get sick, and insurance rates went up then too.

If pot is legal, and you require people to put other's in harms way, and people start getting hurt more, there will be only 2 options. Monthly testing, and if they catch you, you are fired, even if you are not high and pot is legal. Other option is some kind of daily testing to make sure you are not high that day.

Cheaper to just fire everyone who smokes pot. It would make workman's comp insurance lower.

When drugs are legal, the insurance rates for manufacturing will without a doubt go up. With increased legalization of pot, or anything else, people in charge will assume more people will get hurt. When more got old as a portion of our society the insurance companies assumed more people would get sick, and insurance rates went up then too.

If pot is legal, and you require people to put other's in harms way, and people start getting hurt more, there will be only 2 options. Monthly testing, and if they catch you, you are fired, even if you are not high and pot is legal. Other option is some kind of daily testing to make sure you are not high that day.

Cheaper to just fire everyone who smokes pot. It would make workman's comp insurance lower.

For someone who is advocating against the legalization of pot you sure do sound like a stoner.

For someone who is advocating against the legalization of pot you sure do sound like a stoner.

I have a real job, no time to re-read what I am typing, but only dumb people believe pot will be a positive thing. The money that will come in for taxes will no way offset the public safety nuisance on the road this will cause, and the ability for compete in manufacturing anything.

They are already seeing the money to police legal pot in Colorado is ridiculous.

Edited by Security

I have a real job, no time to re-read what I am typing, but only dumb people believe pot will be a positive thing. The money that will come in for taxes will no way offset the public safety nuisance on the road this will cause, and the ability for compete in manufacturing anything.

They are already seeing the money to police legal pot in Colorado is ridiculous.

Agreed. And it is impossible to put a price on being annoyed by dronish morons all day, but it wears a society down.

I don't see why anyone wants everyone to know they smoke pot anyway. Not anyone with a legitimate job. Pot as it is now is something you smoke at home or with close friends at their place. The pot party people are usually all degenerates who all believe pot is not harmful at all and they can all drive vehicles just fine when you are all stoned. I know plenty of adults over 35 who smoke responsibly who would not want to be seen walking out of a pot dispensary. It is much more discreet to buy it from a dealer anyway for responsible people.

We are a mobile society and we cannot afford to have people all wasted all the time and expect to have public safety while driving.

I've never, ever, meant this more: