Pegula hires premiere sports broker for Bills deal

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bottom link appears dead. But it's an odd choice (assuming its true of course). This guy helps sell teams. Would have made sense if it were the trust hiring him.

But then again, he would be able to determine not only the value of the team, but what others might bid for it.

This at least is a different type of speculation for a change ;)

Edited by CodeMonkey

The bottom link appears dead. But it's an odd choice (assuming its true of course). This guy helps sell teams. Would have made sense if it were the trust hiring him.

That Buffalo Rumblings link works for me. Actually it makes lots of sense. Like hiring a buyer's agent when shopping for a home. Someone to help you navigate the process and represent your interests. From all I've read this Greenberg fellow is a heavy hitter. His association with Pegula adds gravitas.

That Buffalo Rumblings link works for me. Actually it makes lots of sense. Like hiring a buyer's agent when shopping for a home. Someone to help you navigate the process and represent your interests. From all I've read this Greenberg fellow is a heavy hitter. His association with Pegula adds gravitas.

This is more like hiring a sellers agent when shopping for a home.

Adds gravitas .... I would expect every serious bidder to have or hire help. But OK.

Excellent news.

BTW...I'm glad you started this thread instead of posting to other Bills/Pegula sale threads. Very important news and warrants its own thread, IMO.

I debated that. But I figured this was important enough for its own thread. I mean it was the lead story on Ch.2 news.

As soon as Pegula showed interested I knew buying the Bills was a done deal, this just another step towards the inevitable. Can't wait for him to be announced as the new owner.

I'm curious as to what he will say during his ownership press conference. If he says he is only hear to win super bowls it will ring hollow as things have not gone as planed for the Sabres, although they seem to be trending upward with all the trades and such.

no problemo

The League codified this approach in an amendment to its Constitution and Bylaws that allows cross-ownership in another major league sports team in two narrow circumstances: (1) if the two franchises are in the same city, or (2) if the other league’s franchise is in a neutral market, defined as one that doesn’t currently host an NFL team and is not deemed a potential NFL city.

http://www.theofficialreview.com/nfl-cross-ownership-rules/

no problemo

The League codified this approach in an amendment to its Constitution and Bylaws that allows cross-ownership in another major league sports team in two narrow circumstances: (1) if the two franchises are in the same city, or (2) if the other league’s franchise is in a neutral market, defined as one that doesn’t currently host an NFL team and is not deemed a potential NFL city.

http://www.theoffici...wnership-rules/

There is still a big problem, eball's issue occurs under the sarcasm caveat. That caveat reads, if said proposed owner is desired by the majority of the fans, he shall not own two sports franchises in the same jurisdiction. This caveat was put into place to prevent cross contamination of sports fans allegiance due to the overwhelming love of the owner.

You cannot own Monica Seles and a football team in the same market. Doesn't Pegula know that? I thought he was supposed to be an accomplished businessman.

Well thats a good thing that Golisano is engaged to Seles and not Pegula. :-D

As soon as Pegula showed interested I knew buying the Bills was a done deal, this just another step towards the inevitable. Can't wait for him to be announced as the new owner.

I'm curious as to what he will say during his ownership press conference. If he says he is only hear to win super bowls it will ring hollow as things have not gone as planed for the Sabres, although they seem to be trending upward with all the trades and such.

C'mon. Can you give a guy some time to finish? He's doing what you have do in the NHL to win...tear down and rebuild. Just about every expert says the Sabres have the deepest farm system of any team.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

There is still a big problem, eball's issue occurs under the sarcasm caveat. That caveat reads, if said proposed owner is desired by the majority of the fans, he shall not own two sports franchises in the same jurisdiction. This caveat was put into place to prevent cross contamination of sports fans allegiance due to the overwhelming love of the owner.

BS