Sirius XM - cursed teams this morning on opening drive

I was listening while in my office this morning and Ross Tucker and Papa had as one of their two topics how it seems like some teams are cursed or snake bitten. They stayed away from just bad hiring, or losing, but things beyond their control that just seems like they can't get a break.

Well, the Browns were the big winner, but a close second or third was the Bills. They were actually relatively compassionate about how much can the Bills take with Kiko's injury, after our hopes up and EJ's injury three times last year.

I called in and brought up things like Kelly choosing to go to the USFL for two years instead of coming to Buffalo, The Music City miracle with no good camera angle to over turn, that touchdown given to Testaverde falling two feet short on the Jets.

As much as we had a lot of crazy things happen beyond our control, the Browns I have to admit are really cursed.

Anyway, I'm sure you guys have more examples of this given the Kiko thing. Love to hear your points.

My only response to Kiko is AARRGGHH!

Wide right came up. The second topic was an individual performance that was heroic, but the team still lost. Papa stated how Thurmon had 15 carries for 135 yards, but they just kept throwing. He mentioned Levy was out coached as they were better, and the Giants admitted if they ran more, they wouldn't have been able to compete with the Bills. since the Bills kept going no huddle, didn't run, so they dropped so many back,mother our defense starts getting gased and they just kept running in the third quarter on us.

Weren't the Jets playing Seattle in that game?

Different game. They talked about that as well.

You are kinda right. When the browns moved, cleveland had a guarantee too to get a new team in 3 years. if the bills move, buffalo would never get another team.

That's the billion dollar question.

Nobody really knows.

If the team leaves, would they get a shot at another team?

It depends. I think it's 50:50.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Cursed? I don't think so. Not with:

Wide right

The "Home Run Throw(up)-back" ...including having the best defense in the league that year

Skate in the crease

Having OJ as a boyhood idol

William McKinley

Greatest punt return ever for no score (Terrence McGee)

Tim Russert - huge public figure and Buffalo advocate

14 years of Darcy Regier

Vinny T's "five-yard touchdown from the six"

Fergy hobbled vs. San Diego on the cusp of a possible trip to the Super Bowl

Ray Mancini losing his title here

Scotty Bowman winning Cups in every city but where?

No stigma to see here. Move along.

Cant forget the pass interference call against us on a Hail Mary in the end zone, which set up a first and goal and allowed . . . guess who . . . the Patriots to win with no time left.

That's the billion dollar question.

Nobody really knows.

If the team leaves, would they get a shot at another team?

It depends. I think it's 50:50.

I think a lot of people miss the fact that the WNY region would be near the top of the list once LA gets a team. The reality is it's hard to impossible to name a city in the US capable of supporting an NFL team that 1-isn't LA, 2-doesn't have a team, or 3-have a team so close that an owner / multiple owners would heck about placement. Now that isn't to say the NFL wouldn't locate the team in TOR, but I think the region would have a team in less than a decade if the a Bills did move.

Cursed? I don't think so. Not with:

Wide right

The "Home Run Throw(up)-back" ...including having the best defense in the league that year

Skate in the crease

Having OJ as a boyhood idol

William McKinley

Greatest punt return ever for no score (Terrence McGee)

Tim Russert - huge public figure and Buffalo advocate

14 years of Darcy Regier

Vinny T's "five-yard touchdown from the six"

Fergy hobbled vs. San Diego on the cusp of a possible trip to the Super Bowl

Ray Mancini losing his title here

Scotty Bowman winning Cups in every city but where?

No stigma to see here. Move along.

Man, if I hear one more heated discussion about William McKinley on sports radio or get another snide William McKinley comment when I walk into a bar wearing my Bills hat I'm gonna lose it - come people, it happened in 1901 - let it go! Unbelievable the stigma we all get because a psycho like Leon Czolgosz decide to strike in our fair city - why must we all be victims?

(just bustin' on ya - given the topic I'm not sure I would have thought to put McKinley on that list - but kudos for for finding a way to get Wide Right and a presidential assassination on the same list)

Jerry Bergman's travesty of a call against Pat Toomey which help give the 'Phins a win in the 70s.

Tony Green's 108 yard INT return called back when a flag was thrown AFTER the run back. Also vs. Miami.

Shula had the refs in his pocket because of his seat on the Rules Committee.

GO BILLS!!!