Mark Brunell: Marrone bringing Saints O to Bills

Anyone able to get the audio from Sirius XM with Brunell discussing Marrone and his influence on the Saints O; how he is bringing it to the Bills? Only able to get the tweets about it. Interesting since many believe he just held a clipboard in NO.

Zig Fracassi @ZigFracassi · 18h

Mark Brunell: Doug Marrone brought the #Saints offensive system to the #Bills...allows QB to have success...#NFL #SXMNFL.

Mark Brunell: #Saints system has a lot of volume & takes a lot to understand...#NFL #BillsMafia #SXMNFL.

Mark Brunell: I saw Doug Marrone put a lot of influence in #Saints offense (myth that it's totally Sean Payton's offense) #NFL #SXMNFL

Chris Trapasso @ChrisTrapasso · 12h

Interesting quotes from Mark Brunell. Not previously known Doug Marrone had big influence on Payton or that he brought Saints O to #Bills.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously you've got to stop with this nonsense, obviously.

Marrone is a pea-brain who got to where he is today because somebody else made it happen.

He's done nothing to warrant his current position, nor that anyone should have the least faith that he'll actually produce results. [/s]

Are all 15700 of your posts this stupid? I know. Here comes the big bad moderator to warn me that I shouldnt be insulting other posters. Why dont you spend some time warning people not to be morons!!!!

yeah, big bad moderator, if you're not gonna weed out morons, then dogness will!!!!!!

Are all 15700 of your posts this stupid? I know. Here comes the big bad moderator to warn me that I shouldnt be insulting other posters. Why dont you spend some time warning people not to be morons!!!!

Calm down. I think if you look closely, the statement ended with [/s] which is message board speek for "end of sarcasm".

Calm down. I think if you look closely, the statement ended with [/s] which is message board speek for "end of sarcasm".

Yes... Highlighting that people claim Marrone is stupid because he uses obviously so often.

Me I see a lot of good in this current cast. Marrone is a good coach with the potential to be a great coach. He gets football and gets leadership. He may not solve them every time... But he sees and attacks problems aggressively, delegates effectively, and appears to not be a hot head out of emotional control.

No matter what you want to say about it him I'd have a tough time aregueing he's not the best HC they've had in a long while

nothing against you because you obviously understand. But this is the problem with posters that have been here for almost no time and have as little posts to show for it.

There should absolutely be a training period in which posters need to clear before posting.

Hey, he started it by calling out mods and assuming he would get a lickin'

I caught part of Brunell's comments, but not about the Bills--he was talking about coaching in general. They also had Bledsoe on talking about Ralph ("he immediately reminds you of your grandfather"), so maybe it was Bills Day there yesterday....

Yes... Highlighting that people claim Marrone is stupid because he uses obviously so often.

Me I see a lot of good in this current cast. Marrone is a good coach with the potential to be a great coach. He gets football and gets leadership. He may not solve them every time... But he sees and attacks problems aggressively, delegates effectively, and appears to not be a hot head out of emotional control.

No matter what you want to say about it him I'd have a tough time aregueing he's not the best HC they've had in a long while

Marrone has a chance to be a great coach, and I have my fingers crossed and hope for the best. There are many reasons to be optimistic about him. The negatives about him are very clear - strategically managing the game as it's being played and his failure to embrace statistics based strategy decisions - and obviously these are related.

"

He really pays lip service to statistics based strategy, and in reality is a coach (like many) who relies on his "experience" and his "gut". As has been demonstrated so clearly in baseball, and elsewhere, that's a terrible and unproductive way to manage a game. Thus so many bad decisions last year, in particular punting from the area of the 40 yard line so many times. Many other examples as well. But this area is a significant, but not an overwhelming substantial part of what a HC does. Marrone does a lot of the other things well. I hope he will grow as a HC, and eventually adopt statistics based strategies.

There should absolutely be a training period in which posters need to clear before posting.

i've long pushed for a program whereby young posters are assigned established members to mentor and counsel them through their early activity. i know i wish someone was there to stop me that time i thought posting drunk was a good idea or to push the "cancel" button when i called someone a moron for his views on fitzpatrick. at the very least, it would have been comforting to have someone hold my hand and tell me it's all gonna be ok that time i accidentally stumbled upon the ppp board.

Edited by Dirtbag

And your 150 something posts are like this? Then you won't be here very long. 1) don't' call out mods or you WILL get them, 2) re read the post again, its called sarcasm making fun of those saying Marone is stupid, moronic whatever.

What can I say... Ya got me!

"You are an intelligent and erudite poster™" and "We are fortunate to have you here ™" trademarks of DC Tom.

Yolo, I once nearly posted a transcript of Jim Miller's talking up Chan's offense that he did in an exclusive interview for a Pat Kirwin book. He went on at some length talking about how great it was that he simplified the play calling of Ron Erhardt's offense by codifying it so two plays were always called in the huddle, the snap count set the direction (IIRC) and an automatic option out was triggered by a call at the line by the QB. He thought it was genius. He ran it, so he's a better authority than moi.

Subsequent events made me glad I didn't follow through on that.

Hoping for the best with the current regime, and perhaps leaving some here hopping mad.

C-Ya!

Anyone that calls an nfl coordinator "just a clipboard holder" is mistaken about 99% of the time. There are a few but at the "second in command" tier, even if they aren't calling plays they are helping design scheme, game plan for situational calls against the opponent each week, teach players, evaluate talent etc....

For all it's success the saints often struggled to incorporate bush effectively, and that worries me a bit about cj. Hed make incredible plays one week then disappear the next only touching the ball on gadgets and returns.

That said - we are getting deep at WR like they are, and if we can get half of brees out of ej we won't care about cj.

Edited by NoSaint

Leave it to a guy named DOGNESS to ignite a push for a message board mentor program.

I'll train my pet, my kids, my students. Mentoring the deep dark holes of the intraweb highway is one task I think is laughable.

sorry, we already assigned you dogness. please submit his first progress report by the end of july.

sorry, we already assigned you dogness. please submit his first progress report by the end of july.

Now that's funny.

In all seriousness, I try not to write disparaging personal comments, but sometimes I make mistakes. What I love about this board are intelligent posts with interesting comments and providing other research, or information that helps all of us.

I get the sarcasm, and believe Marrone will be a good coach if he gets the chance. The obvious fact is he will be here if EJ turns into a solid QB. Whaley did a nice job adding talent to what Buddy started. We had nothing for mgmt and coaching prior to that for a decade.

You mentioned Brunell's comments, and I enjoyed listening to him yesterday. He was a solid NFL QB, and would know better than us if he trusted Marrone.

Another interesting comment the other day from Ross Tucker was about free agency and how with the exceptions of Manning and Brees which were anomalies, how it is impossible to get a QB in free agency. He stated "if the Bills or Browns ever had a chance at a Manning or Brees, how many playoffs would we have gone to in the last 5 years.

For all it's success the saints often struggled to incorporate bush effectively, and that worries me a bit about cj. Hed make incredible plays one week then disappear the next only touching the ball on gadgets and returns.

I don't know if this is just frustration or what clouding your reality of the situation, but this is completely untrue. I honestly don't even remember Spiller returning a single kick but perhaps he did. However, he never had incedible plays followed by nothing the next week, by design. He was injured for at least half of the season, tried to play through it, and was given a limited work load to help him through it. This is a "grey area" where the coaches were looking for more from Spiller, but it was his injury that limited his production on the field. Don't try to slide it into the easier to understand black and white narrative of "Spiller sucks" and "the coaches are incompetent". The situation was compromised by injury, and we diid not see his full production potential. I'm tired of hearing this major contributing factor being ignored to further a preconceived agenda.

Sounds like brunell was pretty much talking out his rear end. but hey, if he wants to be optimistic about the bills, then thanks Mark!

You mean the same Mark Brunell that was back up QB to Brees for a couple years in N.O.? Nah I mean the fact he was actually there wouldn't have anything to do with his comments....surely not.... He is just talking out his ass like you suggest I am sure.