Most overrated current Bill?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Spiller. He is a modern day Roscoe Parrish. A flashy waste of a draft pick who posters compare to Barry Sanders.

2) It shouldn't be close, but it is. Gilmore is called a "shutdown corner," but he is frequently smoked and penalized.

3) As we speak, EJ is no better than Thad Lewis. When and if he does improve, I will be cheering as hard as any fan because we need him to get WAY better if we are to win football games.

Edited by Bill from NYC

I guess Sammy. The Bills traded a proven commodity in Stevie to go all in with him and he obviously hasn't done anything yet. I think like most posters it's not like I'm not a fan or don't believe in the player, just overrated vs nfl results.

i think the trade up to number four and his college stats and measurables outwiegh what sj did in the nfl alone...which is why sj was a measly seventh rounder....and by "proven" you mean proven to be average if not undependable? Edited by enlightener

He gets a lot of credit but IMO he is clearly the Bills best player. In addition, he is one of the top 3 4-3 DE in football (with Hardy & Quinn). I think Mario is the best football player that the Bills have had since the glory years.

wow the guy who wont play the run or even get his jersey dirty....and sucked through 2012???? He's clearly overated...not even a good player in half of the games

wow the guy who wont play the run or even get his jersey dirty....and sucked through 2012???? He's clearly overated...not even a good player in half of the games

Won't play the run? We must be watching a different game. I'm not even sure what getting "his jersey dirty" means? Tim Anderson always had a dirty jersey because he was constantly trucked.

The players voted him the 29th best player in football. If anything, I think that we underrate Mario around here. He sacrifices his personal stats sometimes to stay home and make the right team play. He could just shoot up the field and over peruse like a lot of DEs do.

Won't play the run? We must be watching a different game. I'm not even sure what getting "his jersey dirty" means? Tim Anderson always had a dirty jersey because he was constantly trucked.

The players voted him the 29th best player in football. If anything, I think that we underrate Mario around here. He sacrifices his personal stats sometimes to stay home and make the right team play. He could just shoot up the field and over peruse like a lot of DEs do.

Mario is outstanding. Some fans here will never see or say anything good about him due to his contract, but for those paying attention the guy is a one-man zone defense for his side of the line.

Mario is outstanding. Some fans here will never see or say anything good about him due to his contract, but for those paying attention the guy is a one-man zone defense for his side of the line.

It's the way it goes. Spiller will never be good enough for fans. Watkins is next in line and he hasn't played a down yet.

He's a great story but Fred Jackson. He's a good player just gets no criticism.

He's a good player just overrated by fans. He's had one season over 1000 yards in 7.

So that's your criticism? No Star Wars numbers for an UDFA RB who's been splitting carries for almost the entirety of his career?

I'm shocked you didn't criticize his abnormally high football IQ, his stellar pass-blocking, his unreal balance, and the fact he's going strong at 33. Or that he's been the our only real locker room leader since Jimbo.

Maybe we could turn this thread into another Stevie dog pile? Just for old times' sake.

I'm game. Remember the Pitt drop? People don't forget.

Edited by FireChan

I feel like this has been discussed before moderator!

very vague topic it offends me! can I insult this poster?

Are you really still upset that your dumb Pegula or Trump thread was closed? You started the thread by saying something like "I don't know who this Pegula guy is but Trump would be great." If that thread would have stayed open you would have gotten destroyed. You should be thanking the mods for closing it and saving the abuse that was coming.

Garrison Sanborn

Who you got?

You think the perennial 6-10/7-9 seasons are tough? Without Garrison Sanborn, we're looking at 1-15 seasons.

I wish he was our QB.

1) Spiller. He is a modern day Roscoe Parrish. A flashy waste of a draft pick who posters compare to Barry Sanders.

2) It shouldn't be close, but it is. Gilmore is called a "shutdown corner," but he is frequently smoked and penalized.

3) As we speak, EJ is no better than Thad Lewis. When and if he does improve, I will be cheering as hard as any fan because we need him to get WAY better if we are to win football games.

My feelings on Spiller are nearly as well known as yours so I'll leave them alone.

I expect great things from Gilmore this season. I believe that he had a good rookie campaign followed by a sophomore season when he shouldn't have been on the field with "The Club." I can't imagine trying to play CB with that thing, can you?

Balance had to be affected. Coverage had to be affected. Confidence had to be affected.

IMO he finished the year strong.

He's a CB. You'll likely be able to post something negative in your things you think you think thread every weekend (but, that doesn't make him a bad CB or an ineffective one). That's the nature of the position.

We must have been watching different games. He was, IMO one of our best run defenders in 2013 & he didn't suck through 2012 either. (sorry Kirby...I really didn't intend to rip you off word for word. Like minds on this one...) Edited by Beerball

I feel like this has been discussed before moderator!

very vague topic it offends me! can I insult this poster?

I thought you were keeping hope that your account would be deleted.

So that's your criticism? No Star Wars numbers for an UDFA RB who's been splitting carries for almost the entirety of his career?

I'm shocked you didn't criticize his abnormally high football IQ, his stellar pass-blocking, his unreal balance, and the fact he's going strong at 33. Or that he's been the our only real locker room leader since Jimbo.

This coming from someone who is frequently "out on a limb" regarding players? FJ is at the top of my list. I love the way he plays, can't emphasize that enough, but, at the end of the day what does it mean? Until the team is successful it means bupkis.