It's on like a mofo: NBA edition...Lebron opts out of Miami

Buftex

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did he disrespect Russell?

And did he disrespect Jordan before or after Jordan said in ESPN the magazine that LeBron wouldn't have even started for most teams in his era? Jordan is one of the biggest pricks in NBA history. Tough for LeBron to keep respecting a guy (who he actually idolized his whole life) when the guy takes every chance he gets to take shots at LeBron. MJ caused that by being a bitter old man.

Lebron entered the league calling himself "King James." He was disrespectful the moment he came into the league. Which is not entirely his fault, because ESPN had been talking him up since 14. But still, everything he's done has made him look like a buffoon. Kobe didn't start talking til he won. Duncan never talks. There's a reason so many people root for Lebron to fail, and it ain't because Michael Jordan was mean to him.

Not worthy of its own thread...Jason Kidd is a POS.

I'm inclined to disagree. Kerr and Fisher both got bigger contracts than him and he felt he should've been compensated. Especially after the second half of the season they had. The Nets looked like the only real challenger to the Heat after the All-Star break.

Whether he handled it the right way or not, I don't know. But I can see a guy saying, "look what these other unproven guys are getting and I just proved I can do it, I want more."

Lebron entered the league calling himself "King James." He was disrespectful the moment he came into the league. Which is not entirely his fault, because ESPN had been talking him up since 14. But still, everything he's done has made him look like a buffoon. Kobe didn't start talking til he won. Duncan never talks. There's a reason so many people root for Lebron to fail, and it ain't because Michael Jordan was mean to him.

Holy mother of DogDuckFig, in less than 24 hours I've agreed with DC Tom, Beerball and FireChan. The sky is blood red.

That might be the stupidest argument I've ever heard............Here's the title:

Coolbaugh: LeBron James disrespects Bill Russell, Julius Erving with planned switch to number six

So, Lebron is disrespecting Russell and Dr. J by choosing number 6. But, Dr. J chose number 6 after Russell's career was over. :wallbash:

That might be the stupidest argument I've ever heard............Here's the title:

Coolbaugh: LeBron James disrespects Bill Russell, Julius Erving with planned switch to number six

So, Lebron is disrespecting Russell and Dr. J by choosing number 6. But, Dr. J chose number 6 after Russell's career was over. :wallbash:

I think that's the joke.

So, where's the joke. The first person on the thread who mentioned Russell being disrespected, or Kiko finding that article (I think that?) or the article itself (if that's the case, they better not apply for The Onion - that was not funny at all. Pretty sure it was serious). Only Boston bloggers can come up with that type of Boston centric crap.

I don't know about the #6 thing but this was pretty solid.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/bill-russell-serves-lebron-james-after-mount-rushmore-comments-021814

Leego

I have my problems with Lebron, but this criticism is pretty lame.

You can't win when you are asked to name the 4 or 5 greats. Since Russell was well before my time, if I were asked that question, I would forget about him too.

I hate to bring race into this, but that is what it comes down to. White folks for the most part do not like LeBron, black folks do for the most part. we are a board made up mostly of white males.

I don't think it's about color at all. People don't like LeBron because he's an arrogant ass.

It's the same reason people have always disliked Doug Flutie and he's white.

I hate to bring race into this, but that is what it comes down to. White folks for the most part do not like LeBron, black folks do for the most part. we are a board made up mostly of white males.

I think it's more of an age thing. Old people hate LeBron because they're not watching with the same youthful outlook. We know WAY more about these players than ever.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

I don't think it's about color at all. People don't like LeBron because he's an arrogant ass.

Short, white, and unathletic white people still liked Flutie.

I was never a Flutie fan.

Lebron is consistently incredible to watch, whether you hate him or not. Flutie was not, he made incredible plays, but was challenged throughout by his size.

I am not a Lebron fan, but not a hater, I am a Clippers fan.

Gungy..i think the majority of folks who think he is an arrogant ass are white...while the majority of black folks do not feel that way. Not saying one side is right or wrong, just that is undeniable there is a link there between race and opinions of LeBron

Gungy..i think the majority of folks who think he is an arrogant ass are white...while the majority of black folks do not feel that way. Not saying one side is right or wrong, just that is undeniable there is a link there between race and opinions of LeBron

I think that goes for any high profile black person, so I'm not disagreeing with you.

I believe that if the world only heard LeBron James (and his name wasn't LeBron) and never saw him, that the majority of the world would dislike him - completely based on what comes out of his mouth.

This is ridiculous.

Why do white folks like Kobe? Why do white folks like Chris Paul?

If you wanna bring in race, you need to bring race in with a comparison. I like Carmelo, even though I know thousands of NBA fans think he's a one-way, lazy, ball-hog. Saying "white people hate Lebron" is not only a cop-out, but offensive.

Lebron was a choker who blamed his hometown when he couldn't win a ring. He's a guy who has very rarely taken blame for anything. Remember when Melo lost to the Pacers last year in the playoffs after that Hibbert block? You know what he said? He said, "he made the play and I didn't. I should have made the play."

Fans like players who admit that they screwed up. They like players who are humble when they lose and arrogant when they win. That's why while Tim Duncan is awesome, he isn't a box office star because he's humble with 5 rings. Being an arrogant loser is fundamentally stupid and embarrassing.