Former Jills suing the Bills

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the grand scheme of things....why not have a professional paid cheerleader team? I have not been to a game without cheerleaders . It can't be the same. I have seen the Cowboys Cheerleaders and it definitely adds to the experience.

Honestly, the drum core brings more to the stadium experience, in my not so humble opinion. I feel that the cheerleaders as a whole are an archaic ideal that really is not what these girls grew up with in recent times. Most of the girls (at the high school level) of today prefer the routine/dance sequences and the competitions that go with it over the rah rah stuff on top of a track in front of the crowd.

Edited by justnzane

just read the article in the News and the Bills lawyers are so smug I Hope the Cheerleaders get everything they want and then some. Besides they should be paid anyway, they are working out there and deserve compensation, last I recall slavery was no longer allowed in this country.

They are paid!!!

Where are they working out? At the Bills stadium? Why should they get paid to workout/exercise? Bills players don't even get paid to workout or exercise. They might get a bonus for working out - but that is in their contract. If the Jills want it, it needs to be in their contract, too.

Slavery? They're slaves? How do you figure? They're indentured and chained to the sideline? I have no idea how you took away this understanding of the event from the article, but would expect hysteria to be easily attained from such slanderous piece.

• 1 month later...

Do bands and drum and bugle corps members get paid for performing during halftime? They have to practice a lot and do precision drills and give up a lot of their free time to pursue their dream. Well, they do get to watch football games for free.

oh, the glorious arguments to be had if this were PPP. This inflammatory piece does little to make me give twomcraps about a bunch of women who had a part time job that is by no means a career or long term plan. Their crying and the articles sensationalism is akin to the Rolling Stone article that was complete phooey about UVA. This piece was written so poorly and so aggressively that I'm actually against the Jill's returning. If these three had a problem with being objectified then they're delusional. If these women think they deserve money for charity and volunteer work, they're insane. The golf outings and stuff they volunteer for are often for medical research or charity at which they make appearances.

These women sign a contract. Perhaps the airheads should read it first and hold themselves accountable for how they are treated before they cry about being subjected to this.

TL,DR: the article was written horribly. The cheerleaders signed a contract. They got what they agreed to and I could care less.

being paid minimum wage for 10 Sundays a week is all they deserve. The volunteer work gets you nothing. The practices, well, I guess That depends how the contract is written. But the two or three hours a week+ 4 hours for game day. OK, min wage x 10 hrs. They should get $72.25/week for 10 weeks of home games and not a penny more. No getting paid for tryouts, no nothing.

They can rent the uniforms if they launder them and return them after the year. Every job monitors your social sites, at least when in the public eye. Yeah. No love loss for them.

Damn J, $70 a week to an nfl cheerleader?? Billion dollar animal can afford only 70 week???

C'mon man. Really?

They are paid!!!

Where are they working out? At the Bills stadium? Why should they get paid to workout/exercise? Bills players don't even get paid to workout or exercise. They might get a bonus for working out - but that is in their contract. If the Jills want it, it needs to be in their contract, too.

Slavery? They're slaves? How do you figure? They're indentured and chained to the sideline? I have no idea how you took away this understanding of the event from the article, but would expect hysteria to be easily attained from such slanderous piece.

metaphor dude.

when someone says i have a broken heart, they really dont have a broken heart or else they would be dead.

slavery as a methaphor.

however their compensation was close to slavery money.

you say give them 70 per week. lol. i say give them 70k a year. that's my opinion.

I'm still totally fine with cheerleaders going away from NFL games forever

i hope they dont do that. then it would be me watching a bunch of men bending over. yuck!!

that's why i love basketball too. all the fine honeys dancing.

So it's kinda like this:

Hey you want to work for $10.00 an hour 1 a week in front of thousands of people?

Me: - Sure

A year later :

Me: - I'm suing you for only paying me $10.00 an hour

No it's actually nothing at all like that.

Damn J, $70 a week to an nfl cheerleader?? Billion dollar animal can afford only 70 week???

Whoever said that?

What does 'what they can afford' have to do with anything? Do you pay for things based on what you can afford rather than what they are worth? Or do you hold other people's money to a different standard than your own?

Whoever said that?

What does 'what they can afford' have to do with anything? Do you pay for things based on what you can afford rather than what they are worth? Or do you hold other people's money to a different standard than your own?

I'm just a generous guy by nature. If I could afford to give them all they wanted, I would.

I guess that's why the point is relevant to me, since I know the nfl can afford to pay them much better. And yeah a little the fact that it's not my $$$

I see what you're saying though.

At the end of the day it looks like the Bills dont value the Jills. Hence, that's why they dont pay them right.

Edit: You're thinking like a lawyer. I'm thinking like some random dude that misses his jills.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

I'm just a generous guy by nature. If I could afford to give them all they wanted, I would.

I guess that's why the point is relevant to me, since I know the nfl can afford to pay them much better. And yeah a little the fact that it's not my $$$

I see what you're saying though.

At the end of the day it looks like the Bills dont value the Jills. Hence, that's why they dont pay them right.

Edit: You're thinking like a lawyer. I'm thinking like some random dude that misses his jills.

Naah...I'm thinking like a corporate finance guy. The Jills are a non-revenue division; if they don't wanna work for the token $, shut it down.

Plus, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for our female owner to get a T&A show back on the sidelines. Pegs can just let the Jills go with no PR hit. Once they brings them back, they own any and all bad PR going forward.

It sounds like you just want to watch dancing, not sports.

Nope. Both. They complement the game.

If they were NEVER in sports to begin with, I wouldnt miss it. I wouldnt know it. Im too dumb to have thought of the "cheerleading" concept. But now that it exists, I love it.

Edit: Actually there's nothing really wrong with that.

I don't go to football games to watch girls dance.

If I want to watch girls dance I'll go to a club (dance or strip) depending on how much I want to spend.

I dont either. But I'm glad they are there when I see the clippers games.

Naah...I'm thinking like a corporate finance guy. The Jills are a non-revenue division; if they don't wanna work for the token $, shut it down.

Plus, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for our female owner to get a T&A show back on the sidelines. Pegs can just let the Jills go with no PR hit. Once they brings them back, they own any and all bad PR going forward.

Yeah I know. The profit guy.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl