Bills officially for sale - let the bidding begin!

@KevinMassare: Hearing from a valuable source that the team is taking a cautious approach when it comes to Bon Jovi group. Others expected front runners.

@JohnKryk: And this: Toronto bid group now vowing to keep #Bills in Buffalo, per sources. "Toronto Bills" idea all but dead: http://t.co/v7tNUyooBi

I find the kryk article interesting. Jbj is worth almost nothing and would have to liquidate everything he has to be a majority owner. The other two are worth around 10 billion net but must not have any liquid assets since he mentioned they don't have 400 million to pay if they won the court case.

Edited by The Wiz

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find the kryk article interesting. Jbj is worth almost nothing and would have to liquidate everything he has to be a majority owner. The other two are worth around 10 billion net but must not have any liquid assets since he mentioned they don't have 400 million to pay if they won the court case.

jw was interviewed on the sal carpaccio show today... Talked a lot about this topic

@WGR550: ICYMI: @john_wawrow joined @SalSports to talk about Bon Jovi and Co. & the sale of the #Bills. Here's the audio: http://t.co/dCZsQTW7Ot

I don't know how this is going to play out any more than the rest of you. But man JBJ is sure getting a lot of press about this.

Of course he is. Jon Bon Jovi is a public figure that everybody knows. The media will make a big deal about this because he has a chance to become an NFL Owner with instant name recognition.

How many people in the country know who Terry Pegula or Bob Golisano are, compared to Bon Jovi?

Edited by Mark Vader

Of course he is. Jon Bon Jovi is a public figure that everybody knows. The media will make a big deal about this because he has a chance to become an NFL Owner with instant name recognition.

How many people in the country know who Terry Pegula or Bob Golisano, compared to Bon Jovi?

name NFL owners you know of...

i know more then most, and more then the average fan...

ziggy owns the Vikings and we know him because of the stories that have been coming out with Kluwe.

the truck stop guy owns the browns

venus or serena williams own part of the fins

arthur blank owns the falcons

kraft owns the a bunch of douchebags

johnson owns the jets

mara owns the giants

rooney owns the steelers (or maybe i am backwards, i just know rooney mara is not as hot as her sister kate, but is named after the two owners)

brown owns the bengals

ford owns the lions

that one dude who is big with technology owns the seahawks

georgia fontaine used to own the rams

green bay owns green bay

damn i knew more then i thought.

Edited by jboyst62

name NFL owners you know of...

i know more then most, and more then the average fan...

ziggy owns the Vikings and we know him because of the stories that have been coming out with Kluwe.

the truck stop guy owns the browns

venus or serena williams own part of the fins

arthur blank owns the falcons

kraft owns the a bunch of douchebags

johnson owns the jets

mara owns the giants

rooney owns the steelers (or maybe i am backwards, i just know rooney mara is not as hot as her sister kate, but is named after the two owners)

brown owns the bengals

ford owns the lions

that one dude who is big with technology owns the seahawks

georgia fontaine used to own the rams

green bay owns green bay

damn i knew more then i thought.

Personally, I know Ziggy Wylf and Haslam of the Browns for the real life fraud their businesses have committed.

So is anyone buying that bon jovi and friends are going to be in any way committed to wny?

It's obviously lip service to remain legally eligible to own the team under the non relocation agreement. I am sure the nfl owners and goodell are completely fine with the deception.

Kryk made me feel better in the bid seems small time in a way with these guys digging for investors. Biggest threat was Rogers over the top and according to kryk he doesn't seem capable or willing at this time

jw was interviewed on the sal carpaccio show today... Talked a lot about this topic

@WGR550: ICYMI: @john_wawrow joined @SalSports to talk about Bon Jovi and Co. & the sale of the #Bills. Here's the audio: http://t.co/dCZsQTW7Ot

Listened to the audio. This group JBJ, Tannenbaum, & Rogers is a significant threat.

If necessary a Pegula & Golisano duo might be needed.

Listened to the audio. This group JBJ, Tannenbaum, & Rogers is a significant threat.

If necessary a Pegula & Golisano duo might be needed.

A threat yes but the details are too limited to gauge it.

My own take see's it as this:

A group of owners

Have enough to buy the team

Not enough to pay the relocation fee

Not enough to build a new stadium in Toronto

Pegula (if he does bid):

Liquid worth

Enough money to buy the team

Enough money to build a new stadium when the tax payers will fork in

Single owner

Edited by The Wiz

A group of owners

Pegula (if he does bid):

Liquid worth

Enough money to build a new stadium when though tax payers will fork in

Single owner

:thumbsup:

Informed sources speculate Rogers needed the backing of his mother, Loretta, and at least one of his three sisters, Melinda, to proceed.

From the linked Sun article on TBD's front page. Sounds like little Eddie needs permission to "write the check" from mommy and sis. When it comes to partnership ownership, the NFL likes to know that at least one partner can "write the check" himself if need be. JBJ and Tannenbaum don't fit the bill in that regard, and if Eddie III has to ask mommy and sis for permission every time he needs to write a big check, I gotta think the NFL is gonna question that.

El Pegaul can write the check and then some.

GO BILLS!!!

From the linked Sun article on TBD's front page. Sounds like little Eddie needs permission to "write the check" from mommy and sis. When it comes to partnership ownership, the NFL likes to know that at least one partner can "write the check" himself if need be. JBJ and Tannenbaum don't fit the bill in that regard, and if Eddie III has to ask mommy and sis for permission every time he needs to write a big check, I gotta think the NFL is gonna question that.

El Pegaul can write the check and then some.

GO BILLS!!!

That would be a disaster even if they kept team in Buffalo. Can you imagine if we lost out on a key FA because Rogers' Mommy didn't approve the expenditure?

A group of owners

Pegula (if he does bid):

Liquid worth

Enough money to build a new stadium when though tax payers will fork in

Single owner

Well put.

It comes down to the 4 trustees. Do they care if the team stays in Buffalo? I think Mary Wilson and Ralph's niece may, his lawyer may feel like Ralph did about Buffalo and Littman wouldn't matter at that point.

??? It has been reported that the Toronto group has net worth above $10B ? -- that's triple what Pegs is worth. As far as liquidity, they would have several years to figure that (as well as any legal rangling) out before moving and building stadium --- I'm not running around and saying "the sky is falling" -- but a group of Toronto businessman buying the Bills is not good --- Kirby never mentioned any iron-clad contract requiring them to keep team in WNY or forfeit ownership --- even with one, would it be enforceable ?

??? It has been reported that the Toronto group has net worth above $10B ? -- that's triple what Pegs is worth. As far as liquidity, they would have several years to figure that (as well as any legal rangling) out before moving and building stadium --- I'm not running around and saying "the sky is falling" -- but a group of Toronto businessman buying the Bills is not good --- Kirby never mentioned any iron-clad contract requiring them to keep team in WNY or forfeit ownership --- even with one, would it be enforceable ?

Pegula is worth roughly just over 4 billion with 3 billion of that in liquidity I would imagine.

The Toronto group is big monetarily. It's MLSE and they have a vast market to draw revenue from to fill their coffers. No surprise here.

Many will be surprised by the price of this team. I don't see Galisano or Pegula going much higher than a 1.5 billion bid, the Toronto group, yes, I can see them offering 2 billion for the team.

Yes but it's questionable how much of that $10B is in cash or other assets they're willing/able to sell