Bills officially for sale - let the bidding begin!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably nothing groundbreaking here, but it sounds to me that Golisano really never had any interest in owning the team other than to save them from moving. He has probably spoken with the Pegula camp, knows how much they're going to front, and pulled out knowing the team is in good hands (hopefully). I'd actually be more concerned if he were still bidding, it might mean that the Toronto threat is more dangerous than we believe.

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Pegs did his homework and bid a little over 3 times what BJ's group's could offer. Although I'd love to hear that BJ's group offered more and the trust went with Pegs because they thought he was the best prospective owner.

Probably nothing groundbreaking here, but it sounds to me that Golisano really never had any interest in owning the team other than to save them from moving. He has probably spoken with the Pegula camp, knows how much they're going to front, and pulled out knowing the team is in good hands (hopefully). I'd actually be more concerned if he were still bidding, it might mean that the Toronto threat is more dangerous than we believe.

I'd buy that. And I think he'd be willing to pony up some cash to help Pegs win it, if necessary.

I'd buy that. And I think he'd be willing to pony up some cash to help Pegs win it, if necessary.

I'd also keep an eye on Golisano's role in stadium funding...I think he'd have an interest there--both in de facto stadium money and naming rights.

The lack of bidders is definitely a potential sign that other bidders may have realized (or heard) that Pegula was going to make a strong bid, that he'd been doing his homework with league owners, and that he had the financial wherewithal to outbid anyone, thereby scaring others away from wasting their time with what is likely a foregone conclusion, that come October he;s the new owner.

I posted back in June on another thread that some well-placed people I know heard it was his. That included that he had been flying around meeting with other owners. This info came from a conversation between someone I know with someone from an NFL club and someone high up with a very wealthy and powerful local family. They said he was bidding $1.2 but maybe he felt like he needed to go all-in and end this now!

A newbie question, who would make the best owner and why?

El Pegual (Pegula since you're new here :D )

Reasons:

- Cares about the area

- Progressive

- Extremely wealthy (and liquid)

- Has heirs that would keep the team in the family long-term

The lack of bidders is definitely a potential sign that other bidders may have realized (or heard) that Pegula was going to make a strong bid, that he'd been doing his homework with league owners, and that he had the financial wherewithal to outbid anyone, thereby scaring others away from wasting their time with what is likely a foregone conclusion, that come October he;s the new owner.

I posted back in June on another thread that some well-placed people I know heard it was his. That included that he had been flying around meeting with other owners. This info came from a conversation between someone I know with someone from an NFL club and someone high up with a very wealthy and powerful local family. They said he was bidding $1.2 but maybe he felt like he needed to go all-in and end this now!

Yes, been hearing this for a while now as well.

Exciting times!

Going for the first punch knock out. TPegs ain't playing.

Ahem, it's "El Pegual" to you sir.

Not trying to jump the gun, but can you imagine the reaction he will get at the first game he attends? I've already got chills just thinking about it.

Can you imagine the reaction he will get the first time he walks into a Tim Hortons for coffee? The dude is going to be worshipped like a god -- and rightfully so.

Not trying to jump the gun, but can you imagine the reaction he will get at the first game he attends? I've already got chills just thinking about it.

It'll probably sound a lot like this:

"TARE-REE! TARE-REE! TARE-REE! TARE-REE! TARE-REE!"

Can you imagine the reaction he will get the first time he walks into a Tim Hortons for coffee? The dude is going to be worshipped like a god -- and rightfully so.

we need a bronze statue of him. the guy has single handily saved an entire city. amazing

Maybe but seriously "time wounds all heals" which is to say, just like my beagle after I give him a biscuit, we Bills fans will quickly get to, "what have you done for me lately?". So, Terry and Kim, now that you own the Bills and they are staying.....ummm..... WE WANT A CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!"

just sayin' :flirt: