Van Miller's getting old

Van & my grandfather were lifelong best friends. They grew up together in Dunkirk and were both a little crazy. My grandfather used to dive off of lighthouses and do crazy stuff once Van had raised enough money in the neighborhood for them to split. When my grandfather passed away in 1995 Van was so upset that he didn't attend (his wife Gloria did). At any rate, I got to know him a little but was only 15 when my grandfather died. Van is as funny as any story that you have ever heard about him (see his Hall of Fame speech). He would tell stories that you certainly shouldn't have said in the presence of a 12 year-old but were hilarious. He must be in his high 80's now and is not in great health. I am so happy that he is taking his rightful place on the Wall of Fame this year. He is incredibly deserving and a great ambassador of this team. He is and always will be the Voice of the Bills.

I cannot wait until the openner begins and they bring Van out to introduce the Bills, live, and beginning with a tribute to Ralph...Jim runs on the field...oh hell yeah.

You forgot the part where Pegula comes out with a blowtorch and lights a Bon Jovi effigy on fire.

You forgot the part where Pegula comes out with a blowtorch and lights a Bon Jovi effigy on fire.

I am confused by one thing. Every Bills game I have ever been to has involved them playing at least 3 Bon Jovi songs prior to kickoff over the PA. Shot thru the heart, wanted dead or alive, and one other one usually.

I am confused by one thing. Every Bills game I have ever been to has involved them playing at least 3 Bon Jovi songs prior to kickoff over the PA. Shot thru the heart, wanted dead or alive, and one other one usually.

If the ownership question hasn't been settled by then, and they play those songs, there will be a chorus of boos.

Van is a funny funny man I had the privilege to speak with him at several training camps at St. John Fisher. He still attends many camp sessions. He is a true fan of the Bills, and loves to tell his stories. Van is still one of the best!