FOOTBALL vs Football

T master

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, and I'm the tool.

You're mad that I inquired as to which questions you asked, because you didn't pose any honest questions, and you're even more upset that I didn't answer the questions that you didn't identify? Tool isn't the word that I would use, if that makes it any easier for you.

You're mad that I inquired as to which questions you asked, because you didn't pose any honest questions, and you're even more upset that I didn't answer the questions that you didn't identify? Tool isn't the word that I would use, if that makes it any easier for you.

I don't get it. Do you speak in secret codes?

What the hell does this mean - "you're even more upset that I didn't answer the questions that you didn't identify?"

I don't get it. Do you speak in secret codes?

What the hell does this mean - "you're even more upset that I didn't answer the questions that you didn't identify?"

Don't blame me. I thought it was confusing when you first presented it as a statement. Just attempting to clarify.

Edited by Jauronimo

You keep bringing it up. You called me an ahole and I couldn't give a flying !@#$. That's the difference.

I invite you to read say the ten posts starting here, and then tell me that I'm the one who is sensitive. We were having a civil discussion and then somehow you woke up Sunday and went ballistic:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/168390-football-vs-football/page__st__60#entry3156814

If that's me being ballistic then you really take this **** too seriously.

Yeah, first you called me a tool.

Then you said Do your homework.

Then "What !@#$ing planet are you from?"

Then "Good luck bro. Please don't present your ignorance ass in PPP."

Then "that's a fairer point than what ever the hell bbb is trying to say."

Then "Obviously I don't make uninformed posts about sports I don't watch or know little about."

What exactly would you have to say more in order not to be said to be going ballistic and not being and taking this **** too seriously?

Yeah, first you called me a tool.

Then you said Do your homework.

Then "What !@#$ing planet are you from?"

Then "Good luck bro. Please don't present your ignorance ass in PPP."

Then "that's a fairer point than what ever the hell bbb is trying to say."

Then "Obviously I don't make uninformed posts about sports I don't watch or know little about."

What exactly would you have to say more in order not to be said to be going ballistic and not being and taking this **** too seriously?

So me responding mockingly at your idiotic observations is me taking this seriously and me going ballistic? Ok cool.

Edited by meazza

Maybe because it's the World Cup? Maybe that doesn't mean much to you, but for the rest of the world it means everything in the world of sports. Just think if the Superbowl was held only once every four years, and multiply that by 10. That's the World Cup. It makes it a wee bit more special in the eyes of the vast majority of the world than any other sport.

Why is is always "times 10". How do you know it's not the Super Bowl times 3.5?

Soccer fans in the United States — of the U.S. Men’s National Team, of the MLS, the 30 million Americans who watched the past season of the Premier League on NBC Sports — are a divided bunch. On one end, you have a generation that was primarily introduced to the game 20 years ago, that takes pride in the ups and downs of the squad. On the other is a crew that loves to flex their American exceptionalism and drop in every four years looking for something novel to validate their quasi-worldly outlooks.

In between those extremes, the fans are slowly maturing.

Oh brother, such lazy journalism. Is 'validating our quasi-world outlooks' the only reason people watch the Olympics every four years too? If only we had the worldly outlook of those fans of 3d world countries, not to mention those banana-throwing European fans.

Rebecca Lowe, host of NBC Sports’ Premier League Live show, knows soccer fans are “a minority within sports.” But even within that minority there is often a perception of the right way to be a soccer fan. She describes the problem this way: “There’s always people saying, ‘Oh, you don’t know anything about football; you’re not really part of it. We’re knowledgeable and no one else is.’ I think that’s going to change and that has to change.”

Scoffing at soccer makes you look like an uncultured buffoon. In the District, specifically, it’s particularly noticeable. And for the first time in my life, I feel like being a fan of the game isn’t a personality quirk or trick to trot out at parties.

And that's the problem with soccer fans. Every criticism is meet with some arrogant nonsense about 'not understanding the game'. Really? It's not a very complex game, it's not all that difficult to understand, especially for people who follow and understand other team sports like football, hockey and basketball. If someone doesn't like hockey, well fine, have a nice life. If someone doesn't like soccer, it can only be perceived as a huge shortcoming on the part of that person.

And that's the problem with soccer fans. Every criticism is meet with some arrogant nonsense about 'not understanding the game'. Really? It's not a very complex game, it's not all that difficult to understand, especially for people who follow and understand other team sports like football, hockey and basketball. If someone doesn't like hockey, well fine, have a nice life. If someone doesn't like soccer, it can only be perceived as a huge shortcoming on the part of that person.

When half of the criticisms are "they play like girls" and "you can't even use your hands!" you can imagine why someone might question the cognitive abilities of soccer critics.

Oh brother, such lazy journalism. Is 'validating our quasi-world outlooks' the only reason people watch the Olympics every four years too? If only we had the worldly outlook of those fans of 3d world countries, not to mention those banana-throwing European fans.

What a phenomenally ignorant view. Pretty much validates that your post is complete and utter garbage.

Edited by Magox

So me responding mockingly at your idiotic observations is me taking this seriously and me going ballistic? Ok cool.

I can add idiotic to the name calling.

The thing you first when crazy on was even said by JA to be embarrassing.

What a phenomenally ignorant view. Pretty much validates that your post is complete and utter garbage.

Why don't you give reasons why it's ignorant, why it invalidates his post and why it's utter garbage.

Everybody on this thread throws out some statement of a few words, and leaves it at that.

When half of the criticisms are "they play like girls" and "you can't even use your hands!" you can imagine why someone might question the cognitive abilities of soccer critics.

Who uses those criticisms regarding the game? Most of us that don't like it just find it boring. So what.

JA in 3....2....1 saying "oh yeah!! Well baseball is even more boring and is a dying sport but you like that!!"