FOOTBALL vs Football

T master

Hey, Mr. Peace and Cug - can you show me where I'm being a troll?

Given that it's what you wrote, it was literally "literal." And you tried to justify it with an external source.

So of course it's everyone else's fault.

I didn't try to justify it. I did justify it..............I thought people knew I know the rules. I know it's not in the rules as three minutes. It's just that that's what I have seen almost every time I've ever watched a game.

It's like talking about basketball and saying "they never call traveling!" Well, yeah - they do sometimes. And, it is on the books.........But, how many times have you heard somebody say "They never call traveling."

Do you get all literal on them? Well, yeah - you probably do.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't try to justify it. I did justify it..............I thought people knew I know the rules. I know it's not in the rules as three minutes. It's just that that's what I have seen almost every time I've ever watched a game.

So you WERE being literal?

There's a serious thread available for real soccer discussion. The only purpose a thread like this serves is to feed the troll.

Oh, and you called me a troll, too?

WTF are you saying?

Come on man: Don't feed the troll. He's just being an idiot trying to get a rise. Maybe I've seen so many of his ilk over at PPP that I pick up on it faster Why would you take him seriously?

Peace can't answer my question so I'm a troll.

Troll = somebody with a different opinion.

Seriously, WTF does this mean?

I love how you and Peace can't answer questions and then say I'm the troll.

I didn't even jump into this thread until page 5 or so, and I just agreed with what somebody else said. I guess that makes a troll.

I will make it official and say Go Ghana!

I love how you and Peace can't answer questions and then say I'm the troll.

I didn't even jump into this thread until page 5 or so, and I just agreed with what somebody else said. I guess that makes a troll.

I will make it official and say Go Ghana!

So you admit it then?

So you admit it then?

You're calling me a troll? You are screwing up every thread with your stupid, no longer funny, meme about whether Pegula can own both the Sabres and the Bills.

You're calling me a troll? You are screwing up every thread with your stupid, no longer funny, meme about whether Pegula can own both the Sabres and the Bills.

Thats a valid question and I've only asked the question in one thread, Mr. Literal. Just admit it, already.

Admit what?

I don't even think you're stupid enough not to know the answer to your "valid question" after it's been answered 100 times.

Although you really may that stupid if you're calling me Mr. Literal after I said I wasn't posting literally.

Admit what?

I don't even think you're stupid enough not to know the answer to your "valid question" after it's been answered 100 times.

Although you really may that stupid if you're calling me Mr. Literal after I said I wasn't posting literally.

Ah, I get it. so you're posting illiterately.

Admit what?

Too much irony. Dude, admit it.

Re soccer, how come people don't make the "act like you've been there before" complaint? A guy scores a goal, and every player--and coach-- thinks it's the end of the world with their reactions and celebration. It's really absurd.

Because it happens once a game. It doesn't happen after every tackle and 1st down...

Because it happens once a game. It doesn't happen after every tackle and 1st down...

In football, people complain about it after TDs too-- ie, "just had the ball to the ref." And there aren't that many TDs every game.

I would also contrast bball coaches whose players make these improbable buzzer beaters, and they are still stone faced (eg, Larry bird, brad Stevens). Contrast that with the US coach today who almost had a coronary after the 1st goal.

Not saying it's right or wrong, but the soccer reactions are extraordinarily dramatic relative to other sports.

Holy crap - the guy that scored that second goal put on a demonstration that would only be made if somebody won the world championship in any other sport, not a goal in the first round of a tournament, with time left on the clock. I didn't think the guy would even be able to continue to play he was so emotional.

His teammates had to grab him and say Dude, we have a game to keep playing, and yet he laid back down!

Embarrassing.