FOOTBALL vs Football

T master

So to recap, bbb doesn't like soccer for obvious reasons. Now he pulls the faking as an example. The example he presents doesn't present an advantage to the faker aside from "time wasting" which is made up in the injury time. Now he says injury time is always 3 minutes even though the ivory coast game and the italy game both had injury time of 4 minutes +.

Good luck bro. Please don't present your ignorance ass in PPP.

Cheers.

I don't disagree with you but that's a fairer point than what ever the hell bbb is trying to say.

Funny that in our past discussions/arguments regarding soccer, I always said that you're a good guy (along with AJZepp). I said that was probably because you came to it late, and weren't ingrained with the dbaggery of it all.

I won't be saying that again with you calling me a tool, etc. You've either joined the dbags or having a bad day.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus, they often want to clear the field as quickly as possible - no times-out. No matter the injury (or dive, for that matter), the tendency is to try to get the player off the field as quickly as possible.

Though it's amusing - and more than a little annoying, usually - to see a player writhe on the ground like he's just been gored by an elephant, get carried off, then get miraculously cured by the magic spray. Pro wrestling is less melodramatic.

I agree with this. The problem is it can/does sway the refs decision, so can you really blame them?

I do find in international play, some teams are above the whole "acting" on the injuries and some teams really ham it up. This is something that I think annoys the casual soccer fan the most.

And just like UFC, a lot of the hype of the sport is just that, hype.

It's just like the UFC in that you have to understand what you're watching in order to fully appreciate it. I've taken Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for 4 years and have a pretty thorough understanding of the ground game because of it. Yet there are others who get bored quickly because they just don't understand the nuances. They only understand submissions and not all the techniques that lead to those positions.

The same goes for Soccer. Most Americans simply don't understand exactly what they're watching unless there is a shot on goal. The bottom line is if you don't understand what you're watching you're really not going to like it and will likely insult it and call it "boring."

I didn't write this:

A desperate Brazil relied upon an array of amateur dramatics to run out the clock. Defender Erika was suddenly struck by an injury requiring prolonged treatment and the arrival of the Brazilian stretcher. This stretcher was evidently gifted with the kind of miracle healing powers traditionally only seen on religious telethons. Within seconds, she had leapt up and raced back onto the field to receive slaps on the back from her teammates and a yellow card from the referee.

Then what was the reason for what you even admit was embarrassing? I know you don't want to explain it. Could it be because you can't?

Sorry gatorman.

Blah blah blah...I don't like soccer so neither should you. Blah blah blah, here's my list of reasons, blah blah blah.

Blah blah blah

Good Christ! This same !@#$ing go-nowhere debate comes up every single time. It baffles me why anyone would waste time and breath trying to explain to someone who enjoys something why they should not enjoy it.

Personally I think Soccer stinks, for me its like they took everything cool about hockey and made it suck. But outside of my personal beliefs there are many reasons why Americans will never get into soccer outside of the world cup. The MLS is a third tier league and the top leagues in the world play in Europe or some other country far outside the United States time zones. Americans have access to the best Basketball, Baseball, and Hockey leagues in the world along with the NFL which is Americas past time.

Why would you watch a third tier soccer league in the MLS or the best leagues during weird hours, when you have so many other sports that have the best leagues in so many other sports? Even if Americans liked soccer (Which I don't think they would) the conditions to foster that just aren't there.

Pretty much everything you said is incorrect. And you sound angry.

Pretty much everything you said is incorrect. And you sound angry.

Another underrated thing about MLS, and I speak as a season ticket holder, is the games mostly happen when kids can watch. I think my season ticket package has 2 starts at 7pm or later. Most are afternoon games on Saturdays.

Sorry gatorman.

Great answer. You admit it's embarrassing, so it doesn't really matter what the strategy was, but I watched the game, and read about it after, and that was the reason given for it.

But, hey you were wrong about the three minute thing, so I don't blame you for trying not to screw up again.

Wait, I've got a great thing to call you - Gatorman!

How is that, Peace?

Great answer. You admit it's embarrassing, so it doesn't really matter what the strategy was, but I watched the game, and read about it after, and that was the reason given for it.

But, hey you were wrong about the three minute thing, so I don't blame you for trying not to screw up again.

Wait, I've got a great thing to call you - Gatorman!

How is that, Peace?

Embarrassing.

Yeah, I do.

I see that you guys are hung up on me saying "It's always the same - 3 minutes!"

That wasn't literal. It's just that every time I watch, it seems to be three minutes.

No matter how many players get hurt, goals scored, etc.

Yeah, I do.

I see that you guys are hung up on me saying "It's always the same - 3 minutes!"

That wasn't literal. It's just that every time I watch, it seems to be three minutes.

It seems you watch a lot of a game you don't like and don't respect. If you can't talk yourself out of watching soccer games, how do you expect to change anyone else's mind? :lol:

It seems you watch a lot of a game you don't like and don't respect. If you can't talk yourself out of watching soccer games, how do you expect to change anyone else's mind? :lol:

Where did I ever say I'm trying to change somebody's mind? First, meazza criticizes me for not watching and knowing what I'm talking about. And, then you say I watch too much..............Can't win.

Yeah, I do.

Given that it's what you wrote, it was literally "literal." And you tried to justify it with an external source.

So of course it's everyone else's fault.

Come on man: Don't feed the troll. He's just being an idiot trying to get a rise. Maybe I've seen so many of his ilk over at PPP that I pick up on it faster Why would you take him seriously?

Come on man: Don't feed the troll. He's just being an idiot trying to get a rise. Maybe I've seen so many of his ilk over at PPP that I pick up on it faster Why would you take him seriously?

There's a serious thread available for real soccer discussion. The only purpose a thread like this serves is to feed the troll.