Hillary's Campaign Kickoff

You know, I've been working on a post reminding everyone, when Clinton goes after Trump because his national security concerns about Muslims being allowed free entry into the US are racist, about how she was dead-set against the Dubai Ports World deal ten years ago because of the national security concerns about Muslims being allowed free access to ports.

I was going to remind everyone of this with some of the actual quotes Clinton made concerning the DPW deal. But I can't find any. All the google links I find to reports of statements she made directly - NBC, CNN, MSNBC - are 404'd.

Haven't checked the Congressional Record yet, though. I doubt anyone can effectively retcon that. I hope.

You know, I've been working on a post reminding everyone, when Clinton goes after Trump because his national security concerns about Muslims being allowed free entry into the US are racist, about how she was dead-set against the Dubai Ports World deal ten years ago because of the national security concerns about Muslims being allowed free access to ports.

I was going to remind everyone of this with some of the actual quotes Clinton made concerning the DPW deal. But I can't find any. All the google links I find to reports of statements she made directly - NBC, CNN, MSNBC - are 404'd.

Haven't checked the Congressional Record yet, though. I doubt anyone can effectively retcon that. I hope.

Did you try searching here. Remember we had quite the discussion back in the day, with the dead man contributing too.

Good read from the FT

https://next.ft.com/content/fbc90614-aae4-11da-8a68-0000779e2340

From wsj. Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton said "We cannot cede sovereignty over critical infrastructure like our ports. This is a job that America has to do."

Edited by GG

Google is actively working on Clinton's behalf if you believe Assange -- which at least on this issue I do.

You'd know better than me, how difficult would it be for them to scrub digital caches of old articles?

Assange isn’t the first person to raise concerns about a search algorithm stealing the presidency. Harvard Law professor Jonathan Zittrain has explored how Google or Facebook could influence an election by customizing search results or news, swinging undecided voters to one side or another.

To date, however, there’s no evidence that any engineers or executives currently working for Google or Alphabet, Google’s parent company, are doing anything to support Clinton’s campaign.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/julian-assange-google-hillary-clinton_us_5633acc9e4b0631799123a7d

Google is actively working on Clinton's behalf if you believe Assange -- which at least on this issue I do.

You'd know better than me, how difficult would it be for them to scrub digital caches of old articles?

Assange isn’t the first person to raise concerns about a search algorithm stealing the presidency. Harvard Law professor Jonathan Zittrain has explored how Google or Facebook could influence an election by customizing search results or news, swinging undecided voters to one side or another.

To date, however, there’s no evidence that any engineers or executives currently working for Google or Alphabet, Google’s parent company, are doing anything to support Clinton’s campaign.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/julian-assange-google-hillary-clinton_us_5633acc9e4b0631799123a7d

It's not google, the results have been removed from the web sites.

And I can't find a record of the hearing in the Senate Armed Services Committee records online, either. In fact, the only record I have is a post I made on Feb 24, 2006 discussing with Paul how ridiculous and ignorant her statements were.

I'll try CSPAN next. Then I'm just going to email Trump's campaign and see if they can dig it up.

Winston Smith's job is to rewrite history. He works for the Ministry of Truth (Minitrue) and is responsible for propaganda and historical revisionism. "His job is to rewrite past newspaper articles, so that the historical record always supports the party line. A large part of the ministry also actively destroys all documents that have been edited and do not contain the revisions; in this way, no proof exists that the government is lying."

Welcome to 1984.

Come now. She has "evolved." :rolleyes:

The public’s right to know is infringed if certain reporters are banned from a candidate's events because the candidate doesn’t like a story they have written or broadcast, asDonald Trump has done.

Similarly, refusing to regularly answer questions from reporters in a press conference, as Hillary Clinton has, deprives the American people of hearing from their potential commander-in-chief in a format that is critical to ensuring he or she is accountable for policy positions and official acts.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2016/07/14/trump-clinton-both-threaten-freedom-press-reporters-first-amendment-questions-white-house-correspondents-column/87027090/

Hillary Clinton’s Greatest ‘Accomplishments,’ Annotated

by David French

Surveying the entire history of the American presidency, from George Washington to Thomas Jefferson to James Madison to Abraham Lincoln to Ulysses S. Grant to Dwight Eisenhower and beyond, President Obama recently declared that he doesn’t think “there’s ever been someone so qualified” to be president as . . . Hillary Clinton.

She didn’t lead American forces to victory in the Revolution. She didn’t write the Declaration of Independence. She didn’t write the Bill of Rights. She didn’t lead the Union to victory in the Civil War or the Allied forces to victory in the world’s worst war. Her accomplishments must be greater — her leadership even more magnificent.

Worried that I’d overlooked her greatness, I scurried over to Hillary’s website to feast my eyes on her “7 biggest accomplishments.” Valley Forge? The Starks have seen colder winters. The Declaration of Independence? White man’s words. Normandy? A beach vacation. Behold the greatness that is Hillary Clinton, in her campaign’s own words — with a few modest annotations following.

1. Fought for children and families for 40 years and counting.

Well, not all children: don't forget her "the unborn child has no rights" speech

2. Helped provide millions of children with health care. .

CHIP? Ted Kennedy’s estate called. They want his accomplishment back:

3. Helped get 9/11 first responders the health care they needed.
She “worked.” That’s politician-speak for “tried.” The actual 9/11 bill passed long after Clinton left the Senate:

4. Told the world that “women’s rights are human rights.”
She gave a speech.

5. Stood up for LGBT rights at home and abroad.
That must have been another Senator Clinton opposing Gay Marriage in 2004 ?

6. Helped expand health care and family leave for military families.
Name one senator or representative in the entire Congress who isn’t claiming to “work” on behalf of vets and their families.

7. Negotiated a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas.
Wait just one moment. Clinton was secretary of state for President Obama’s entire first term, and her most significant accomplishment is helping negotiate the end of a week-long skirmish between Israel and Hamas?........... What about the war in Libya?.............or the "Reset" Button ?

America’s previous presidents hang their heads in shame. Clearly, they cannot match the magnificence of Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/437949/hillary-clinton-accomplishments-not-much

Edited by B-Man

Well, to be fair, she did put up with Bill. So there is that. But then again, she viciously slammed the Bimbos in each of his eruptions.

She also coordinated Craig LIvingstone's receiving the FBI records of Senators and Congressmen. That proved very helpful in shutting up Al D'Amato.

She also parlayed a measly $1,000 into $100,000 in less than a year by being soooo savvy in the futures market. Even Trump couldn't do that. And she had no previous experience in futures trading either... beginner's luck!

She also came up with the catch phrase, "Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy" much to the delight of her devoted following of mindless droogs.

So, she's not completely without qualifications for the job. :ph34r:

Hillary Clinton’s Greatest ‘Accomplishments,’ Annotated

by David French

Surveying the entire history of the American presidency, from George Washington to Thomas Jefferson to James Madison to Abraham Lincoln to Ulysses S. Grant to Dwight Eisenhower and beyond, President Obama recently declared that he doesn’t think “there’s ever been someone so qualified” to be president as . . . Hillary Clinton.

She didn’t lead American forces to victory in the Revolution. She didn’t write the Declaration of Independence. She didn’t write the Bill of Rights. She didn’t lead the Union to victory in the Civil War or the Allied forces to victory in the world’s worst war. Her accomplishments must be greater — her leadership even more magnificent.

Worried that I’d overlooked her greatness, I scurried over to Hillary’s website to feast my eyes on her “7 biggest accomplishments.” Valley Forge? The Starks have seen colder winters. The Declaration of Independence? White man’s words. Normandy? A beach vacation. Behold the greatness that is Hillary Clinton, in her campaign’s own words — with a few modest annotations following.

1. Fought for children and families for 40 years and counting.

Well, not all children: don't forget her "the unborn child has no rights" speech

2. Helped provide millions of children with health care. .

CHIP? Ted Kennedy’s estate called. They want his accomplishment back:

3. Helped get 9/11 first responders the health care they needed.

She “worked.” That’s politician-speak for “tried.” The actual 9/11 bill passed long after Clinton left the Senate:

4. Told the world that “women’s rights are human rights.”

She gave a speech.

5. Stood up for LGBT rights at home and abroad.

That must have been another Senator Clinton opposing Gay Marriage in 2004 ?

6. Helped expand health care and family leave for military families.

Name one senator or representative in the entire Congress who isn’t claiming to “work” on behalf of vets and their families.

7. Negotiated a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas.

Wait just one moment. Clinton was secretary of state for President Obama’s entire first term, and her most significant accomplishment is helping negotiate the end of a week-long skirmish between Israel and Hamas?........... What about the war in Libya?.............or the "Reset" Button ?

America’s previous presidents hang their heads in shame. Clearly, they cannot match the magnificence of Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/437949/hillary-clinton-accomplishments-not-much

Hey, don't forget the "keeping the camel jockeys out of the US" Dubai Ports World legislation she sponsored. That's one of the few things she actually did, and didn't just "help with."