Super Bowl L breaking with tradition!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The explanation is ludicrous, IMO:

"It's a one-year break, said Jaime Weston, the league's vice president of brand and creative, because the "L" isn't as pleasing to the eye.

"When we developed the Super Bowl XL logo, that was the first time we looked at the letter L," Weston said. "Up until that point, we had only worked with X's, V's and I's. And, at that moment, that's when we started to wonder: What will happen when we get to 50?"

X's, V's and I's are more pleasing that L's??? WTF?

Edited by vincec

The explanation is ludicrous, IMO:

"It's a one-year break, said Jaime Weston, the league's vice president of brand and creative, because the "L" isn't as pleasing to the eye.

"When we developed the Super Bowl XL logo, that was the first time we looked at the letter L," Weston said. "Up until that point, we had only worked with X's, V's and I's. And, at that moment, that's when we started to wonder: What will happen when we get to 50?"

X's, V's and I's are more pleasing that L's??? WTF?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The sad thing is, this guy actually gets paid for this stuff.

So why not super bowl XXXXX since X's are so classy and L's are just blah.

I think the biggest reason for this is because people will think it's a typo. Super BowlL

Edited by The Wiz

So why not super bowl XXXXX since X's are so classy and L's are just blah.

I think the biggest reason for this is because people will think it's a typo. Super BowlL

Then do it up like this: Super Bowl L

I think the letter L should sue the NFL for discriminiation, and force them to refrain from using it alltogether untill this wrong has been righted.

The NF presents Super Bow 50.

Edited by bladiebla