1. 1. Who's worse?

• George W Bush
    • Barack H Obama
    • Both are equally as bad

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are both bad but in very different ways. Bush's decision (yes he did get bi-partisan approval) looks pretty bad given the outcome and the lost American lives. That weighs quite heavily to me. That and he spent his entire presidency managing wars and not getting much else done worth noting. He badly damaged his party.

Obama makes the wrong decision at nearly every turn, plays politics with everything and deliberately deceives the public often. The sum of his blunders gets him equal to Bush in my book. If not for the loss soldiers in Iraq, Obama would be taking the cake here Obama is shooting holes in his party now. Whichever party is in power generally !@#$s up.

Oh let the fun begin! :)

Obama is a much, much better president than Bush on so many levels. Where to start with this one??

First off, Bush was just such an embarassment. To hear him speak, to listen to what he said and to know that he was speaking to that shrinking base of American voters being left behind in the world, mostly white, mostly southern, mostly ignorant and full of hate. No wonder the Republicans produce such terrible leaders. All his lies: tax cuts will pay for themselves, yellow cake, Saddam tied to 9-11, aluminum tubes, mobile weapons labs, cake walk, mushroom clouds, Iraqis are ready for self government, oil pay for the war, his lie about how much prescription drugs will cost, eWe don't torture!!

The guy used the grief and fear of 9-11 to take us into a bigger disaster and then had no clue about what he was doing. Mission accomplished! The idiot really thought the war was over! Total idiot! At least a majority of Americans had the good sense to vote against him in 2000. I won't blame Bush for the financial crash on his watch, though one of the main arguments against Obama is that he didn't clean up that disaster fast enough, whatever!

Obama has also made mistakes and lied, but nothing like Bush. All those angry white voters went right to work to make sure the first black president could get as little done as possible. Like the Nazis in 1932 they tried to shut down the legislative process to cripple government and when Obama got a Republican plan through congress to finally---god forbid!!!-- help Ameicans get health insurance the screaming manics on the right went berserk eating their own feces and declaring it was the end of the world. They were so stupid they nominated several crazies for senate races that helped the Dems. Not to mention the crazies in 2012 presidential race. Fun!

Obama is a much, much better president than Bush on so many levels. Where to start with this one??

First off, Bush was just such an embarassment. To hear him speak, to listen to what he said and to know that he was speaking to that shrinking base of American voters being left behind in the world, mostly white, mostly southern, mostly ignorant and full of hate. No wonder the Republicans produce such terrible leaders. All his lies: tax cuts will pay for themselves, yellow cake, Saddam tied to 9-11, aluminum tubes, mobile weapons labs, cake walk, mushroom clouds, Iraqis are ready for self government, oil pay for the war, his lie about how much prescription drugs will cost, eWe don't torture!!

The guy used the grief and fear of 9-11 to take us into a bigger disaster and then had no clue about what he was doing. Mission accomplished! The idiot really thought the war was over! Total idiot! At least a majority of Americans had the good sense to vote against him in 2000. I won't blame Bush for the financial crash on his watch, though one of the main arguments against Obama is that he didn't clean up that disaster fast enough, whatever!

Obama has also made mistakes and lied, but nothing like Bush. All those angry white voters went right to work to make sure the first black president could get as little done as possible. Like the Nazis in 1932 they tried to shut down the legislative process to cripple government and when Obama got a Republican plan through congress to finally---god forbid!!!-- help Ameicans get health insurance the screaming manics on the right went berserk eating their own feces and declaring it was the end of the world. They were so stupid they nominated several crazies for senate races that helped the Dems. Not to mention the crazies in 2012 presidential race. Fun!

Bravo! Well done, well done. :worthy:

You've outdone yourself. Why Obama didn't pick you to replace Jay Carney instead of this "Earnest" guy is beyond me.

You are unreal.

Unreal? Bush is winning the poll is unreal. The guy was a joke but on this board he is awesome!

So in your tiny mind saying Obama is worse than Bush is the same as the same as saying Bush is awesome. I think Tom is right. You have got to be unreal.

I'll vote if Carter is added to the list.

I wasn't pleased with Bush43, and Obama has two years left in which he may actually pull his head out of his backside (but I'm not holding my breath).

So in your tiny mind saying Obama is worse than Bush is the same as the same as saying Bush is awesome. I think Tom is right. You have got to be unreal.

No, in his tiny mind, Obama is awesome.

That is unreal.

How about this, make a list of each of the two's biggest screw ups?

Bush:

9/11

Iraq

Katrina

Deregulated market crash

Obama:

Slow middle/lower class recovery

Drones

Benghazi

ACA

Negotiating with terrorists

Is that about right?

Bush:

9/11

Iraq

Katrina

Deregulated market crash

Obama:

Drones

Benghazi

ACA

Is that about right?

Not the list I would make for Bush. What did he do wrong about 9-11? Katrina can maybe, seeing how all our equipment was in Iraq or heavily damaged. And why drones for Obama? What's the criticism there? And Benghazi?? :rolleyes:

Not the list I would make for Bush. What did he do wrong about 9-11? Katrina can maybe, seeing how all our equipment was in Iraq or heavily damaged. And why drones for Obama? What's the criticism there? And Benghazi?? :rolleyes:

Both him and Clinton ignored very relevant intel before 9/11 happens.

The Katrina response was a disaster.

Drone strikes kill thousands of innocents.

Benghazi is on the list, because it's getting so much news. Personally, I don't see it as a huge deal, considering the history of the last 20 years. But it's turned into an issue.

Both him and Clinton ignored very relevant intel before 9/11 happens.

The Katrina response was a disaster.

Drone strikes kill thousands of innocents.

Benghazi is on the list, because it's getting so much news. Personally, I don't see it as a huge deal, considering the history of the last 20 years. But it's turned into an issue.

Add the IRS, for Obama. Subtract the drones - those aren't a "screw-up," they're a reasoned decision of operational policy consistent with US military doctrine, whether you agree or disagree with them (note: I disagree with them. This administration plays a little too fast and loose with drone strikes as the "safe" and "easy" solution.)

I also would take 9/11 off the list for Bush. Likewise, the market crash - the root causes of that (and the next one) were systemic, and predate the Bush administration by a significant number of years.

Bush:

9/11

Iraq

Katrina

Deregulated market crash

Obama:

Drones

Benghazi

ACA

Is that about right?

Bush:

Invasion of Iraq - While popular at the time, looks hardly justifiable with the passage of years. Rode the momentum of Afghanistan to seize the initiative to "finish the job" in Iraq. Delivering democracy to countries you know nothing about is a tall task. Extremely costly in every sense.

Consolidating power and Growing the federal government - too numerous to list.

Pumping home ownership - Bush played his role in ramping up the housing bubble.

Obama:

Iraq/Afghanistan - Escalation of Bush's folly followed by total bail out according to arbitrary dates.

Divisiveness - Politics is often divisive, but not typically so from the seat of the president. Constantly playing the blame game, blame republicans, blame corporate america, blame wall street, fair share, get in the back seat, etc.

Obamacare - Cluster !@#$. Delivered "free healthcare" to the States at the worst possible time. See the next note.

Economic Recovery - Jobs Bills 1 through 10,000, lowest labor force participation rate since the depression, stagnant growth 6 years later. Crammed his namesake legislation down the country's throat creating loads of economic uncertainty while the country was still attempting to crawl out of the recession.

Spend, spend and spend - Followed Bush's lead and decided to double up.

Bush:

9/11

Katrina

How is 9/11 his fault?

And what did he do wrong in Katrina? It took 2 days (!!!!) to get food to thousands of people who didn't evacuate before a massive hurricane when they were supposed to. Was the federal government supposed enforce the Domino's 1 hour delivery guarantee while New Orleans was under 10 feet of water?

Edited by John Adams

How is 9/11 his fault?

And what did he do wrong in Katrina? It took 2 days (!!!!) to get food to thousands of people who didn't evacuate before a massive hurricane when they were supposed to?

As for 9/11, he shouldn't have pissed off Al Gore and he should have preemptively passed the Patriot Act.

During Katrina he said "heckuva job, Brownie" and he definitely did not care about black people. Thats clearly documented thanks to Kanye.