1. 1. Who's worse?

• George W Bush
    • Barack H Obama
    • Both are equally as bad

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so Bush's only fault was the Iraq war, is what I'm getting?

I was making assumptions, and I spoke out of turn. My apologies.

No, I'm open to your interpretation. Just looking for your explanation, I don't believe that to be unreasonable.

Bush-

- Iraq War- I think that is obvious to just abou everybody- bad stuff, lots of lost lives, expensive as ****.

- NCLB- a one size fits all education overhaul that almost all States have abondoned in 2014- I guess this can be seen as an earnest achievement that lacked the efficacy to intitute real change

- Medicare Part D- Bush extended an unfunded benefits to Seniors, created the Part D Donut Hole, but in the end it pretty popular program abnd cost less than I think they antipicated

- Kyoto Protocol- Bush axed it, the debate will continue whether it was good or bad.

- Tax Cuts- I still to this day do not get Tax Cuts when you engage on wars in 2 different fronts. Americans were no asked to pay or sacrifice fiscally for these wars, now they continue to pile up on the Nation Credit Card as we watch LTD rise and debst service eat up more and more of GDP.

- Katrina- I cut GWB a little slack on Katrina- unprecendented failure of a levee system that left a whole CITY under water- a whole City- no matter the reponse, it was gonna be get ugly and be unpleasent. To this day, NOLA is still recovering. My hope is we learned from this, as we did in Colorado with Wilfires and Flooding and changes to our disaster response plans and fudning of it.

- DOMA- I think Bush signed it. It was bad, it is done.. as a socially conservative, I understand his motivation but it was unrealtisic legislation given the day and age.

- Personally, I did well under Bush- I bought real estate early that turned out to be really solid, and overall the economcy seemed OK under his tenure. I didn't hate Bush like some people do- I would have like to seen SS reform he proposed of Immigration reform get done, but oh well.

I will post on Obama later.

Both him and Clinton ignored very relevant intel before 9/11 happens.

The Katrina response was a disaster.

Incorrect. The Katrina preparation was a disaster, which falls almost entirely on the chocolate mayor, the Governor and the tens of thousands of idiots who ignored the evacuation order.

The response was fine. I don't recall thousands of people dying after the storm from starvation/dehydration, do you?

9/11 was 30 years in the making. Very little Bush could have done about it given the nation's security policies and infrastructure at the time. It was way too late to get OBL and even if they had the operation was well in motion by that point. The best bet to avoid 9/11 would have been if that border agent doesn't catch the guy with the giant bomb heading for LAX in 2000. America simply wasn't going to wake up to terrorism until a major attack happened on the homeland.

That's all you can come up with for Obama?

How about:

Prisoner swap

Deficit Spending

NSA Spying

Bengahzi-

Releasing illegal aliens with felonies-

Porkulus/Sylondra

Fast and Furious

Tax Evading cabinet

Black Panthers at polling station-

Trayvon

VA Scandal

Obamacare

Nasa shuttle program-

Nobel Peace Prize-

Flying a plane over New York-

Bowing to foreign leaders-

North Korea-

Giving the Queen a DVD-

"You didn't build that..."

First Lady's Entourage

Threatening Supreme Court

Half the country on Food Stamps

IRS targeting specific groups

Edited by unbillievable

Bush-

- Iraq War- I think that is obvious to just abou everybody- bad stuff, lots of lost lives, expensive as ****.

- NCLB- a one size fits all education overhaul that almost all States have abondoned in 2014- I guess this can be seen as an earnest achievement that lacked the efficacy to intitute real change

- Medicare Part D- Bush extended an unfunded benefits to Seniors, created the Part D Donut Hole, but in the end it pretty popular program abnd cost less than I think they antipicated

- Kyoto Protocol- Bush axed it, the debate will continue whether it was good or bad.

- Tax Cuts- I still to this day do not get Tax Cuts when you engage on wars in 2 different fronts. Americans were no asked to pay or sacrifice fiscally for these wars, now they continue to pile up on the Nation Credit Card as we watch LTD rise and debst service eat up more and more of GDP.

- Katrina- I cut GWB a little slack on Katrina- unprecendented failure of a levee system that left a whole CITY under water- a whole City- no matter the reponse, it was gonna be get ugly and be unpleasent. To this day, NOLA is still recovering. My hope is we learned from this, as we did in Colorado with Wilfires and Flooding and changes to our disaster response plans and fudning of it.

- DOMA- I think Bush signed it. It was bad, it is done.. as a socially conservative, I understand his motivation but it was unrealtisic legislation given the day and age.

- Personally, I did well under Bush- I bought real estate early that turned out to be really solid, and overall the economcy seemed OK under his tenure. I didn't hate Bush like some people do- I would have like to seen SS reform he proposed of Immigration reform get done, but oh well.

Are you stating Bush's failures only?

Nobody likes that NCLB act that was bipartisan legislation (including Teddy Kennedy).

If the jury is still out on not signing on the Kyoto Treaty, then how can not signing it be a bad thing?

If you remember, right after 9/11 things were pretty schity. Those tax cuts helped the economy a lot.

As I see it, Bush can be blamed for not having a comprehensive "occupation" plan in place after conquering Iraq.

He can also be blamed for not using the "bully pulpit" enough when bringing up the problems at Fannie & Freddie. After his 21 attempts to get Congress to legislate, he should have taken the issue to the public.

Katrina probably could have been handled better but the State and local officials were idiots

Bush-

DOMA was signed by Clinton in 1996.

The tax cuts were necessary, because the government was running a "surplus" after Clinton, and the government's not structured to save cash. As a practical matter, any surplus had to be returned to the taxpayers. There's a strong argument to be made that the tax cuts should have been rolled back once serious deficit spending began...but criticizing the tax cuts based on the wars is truly putting the cart before the horse.

Bush-

Hate to break it to you but Clinton signed DOMA.

As I see it, Bush can be blamed for not having a comprehensive "occupation" plan in place after conquering Iraq.

Bush can easily be blamed for starting a war that was fundamentally unnecessary. Of course, he can also be lauded for ending a war that had dragged on for 12 years (people always forget that the coalition spent some 10+ years enforcing the "no fly zones" in what was truly a war - low-intensity, but a shooting war nonetheless.) Bottom line: the only thing that went right in Iraq was the actual invasion proper - long-term planning, preparation, the politics, everything else before and after was VSF.

Katrina probably could have been handled better but the State and local officials were idiots

And point of note: it took 72 hours for Bush to take control of the situation from the states and locals and put NORTHCOM in charge of the whole mess. The unconstitutionality of his action aside, "get your **** together or I will do it for you," then following through on it is what's called "leadership" by people not bedazzled by the golf skills of a community organizer.

Bush's use of fear and ignorance in his general leadership style was also an issue. Terror alerts, color coded terror systems--ya, seriously and the scare tactics used to sell the Iraq war. This was used as a governing principle by the Bush administration. Shameless

DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER!

Remember the terror alert called the weekend before the election?

Bush's use of fear and ignorance in his general leadership style was also an issue. Terror alerts, color coded terror systems--ya, seriously and the scare tactics used to sell the Iraq war. This was used as a governing principle by the Bush administration. Shameless

Here you are! I've been looking for you everywhere, wondering what your thoughts were on that thread you started about republicans crying over some hero. Please come over and tell us.

So would you agree that Obama also uses fear and ignorance to push his agenda? Even just a tiny eensy-weensy bit??

So would you agree that Obama also uses fear and ignorance to push his agenda? Even just a tiny eensy-weensy bit??

If you want to make a point, make it. Do you think Obama is doing that? Why are you afraid to go out on a limb once and awhile and make a statement yourself?

If you want to make a point, make it. Do you think Obama is doing that? Why are you afraid to go out on a limb once and awhile and make a statement yourself?

My question to you is making a statement you ignorant little !@#$stick. :doh:

Bush's negatives:

1) The Iraq war took a huge toll on his presidency, and he never recovered from it.

2) The perception of his handling of Katrina, fairly or not, he took a beating, specially within the minority community.

3) Medicare Part D, unpopular with conservatives popular with older folks.

4) He just sounded like a dumbass.

Obama:

1) A complete and utter incompetent Goob. Never seen a president in my life time that was as incompetent as him and his administration of political hacks.