JBJ, Tanenbaum and Jacobs family super team?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the link...sure, I'm in on this...I'd prefer they stay the Buffalo Bills though.

Also, hope you don't mind, but I linked this article in another thread.

Thanks.

I think most Buffalo fans could get behind the stadium going to Niagara Falls. I think you'll see a lot of upset people if they propose regionaliZing the name and changing it to Niagara Bills

I have mentioned this a hundred times. NF does not have the ability to support 60,000 people for a home game. Traffic would be a nightmare, it's not in a good neighborhood, there is no easy access in our out, and all it takes is 1 person rear ending someone on the GI bridge and no one is getting home for hours.

Pass. it's a bad bad idea.

I have mentioned this a hundred times. NF does not have the ability to support 60,000 people for a home game. Traffic would be a nightmare, it's not in a good neighborhood, there is no easy access in our out, and all it takes is 1 person rear ending someone on the GI bridge and no one is getting home for hours.

Pass. it's a bad bad idea.

Finish the LaSalle Expressway and one of those problems goes away...also, the whole point of a NF stadium is that you aren't asking for just NF residents to attend. You'll get fans from Buffalo, Rochester, and Southern Ontario, along with all the other suburbs.

Niagara Bills sounds terrible. Not just because it would be taking the city of Buffalo out of the the name, but because it makes no sense. Neither would the logo. The logo already has nothing to do with the team name. Rename them the Niagara Bills and it has nothing to do with anything. Might as well just completely rename and rebrand them at that point.

Edited by Pondslider

They'd also need the Bruce Banner/The Hulk to keep mofos in line. :lol:

I believe Spiderman was also from NY

" Right now there don't appear to be many bidders on the U.S. side" the source said.

I find that very hard to believe.

If by many he's using the traditional prefix for "10 or more" than he may be right.

Finish the LaSalle Expressway and one of those problems goes away...also, the whole point of a NF stadium is that you aren't asking for just NF residents to attend. You'll get fans from Buffalo, Rochester, and Southern Ontario, along with all the other suburbs.

Where? to send it into the Tonawandas? They'd still have to exit either down Buffalo Avenue or the Robert Moses, which would be the same two paths for people taking the bridge

wouldnt this violate the NFL/NHL rule out of market... with 2 cities now? Both Leafs and Bruins owners owning the Bills?

No, for 2 reasons:

1) Jacobs' sons would be the Bills' shareholders, so no conflict there

2) The rule only applies to other cities that have an NFL team, so Larry T. could own in both Toronto and Niagara/Buffalo

wouldnt this violate the NFL/NHL rule out of market... with 2 cities now? Both Leafs and Bruins owners owning the Bills?

The article mentions the Bruins thing and says it would have to have Jacobs' youngest name on it and not Jeremy's. The best I can guess since the Toronto connection isn't addressed in the article is that because the Maple Leafs are technically corporate owned that it wouldn't violate the league rule. Or maybe the writer is just speculating and left that part out because it would ruin his whole theory.

*edit*nevermind. bandit is right.

Edited by Pondslider