Just watched Super Bowl XXV, I now blame the review, not Norwood.

Too much passing against Belichick's defense and not enough Thurman Thomas is why the Bills lost SB XXV. Same damn thing when the Rams lost to the Patriots in the SB when the stubborn Mike Martz wouldn't feed the ball to Marshall Faulk.

How anyone who watched this game can blame the offense is beyond me.

How about the defense getting off the field once in a while? How many tackles did Daryl Talley, the leader of the defense, have? How many tackles did the defense miss?

I think the biggest factor outside the game was 1 week preparation time. Bills being first time spent too much time partying, talking to the media, and coordinating getting friends, family to the game etc. etc., whereas parcells had been there a few years earlier and knew what to expect. If there had been the normal 2-week prep time Im highly confident Bills would have won. Simply had the better team

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

What I remember, and it was mentioned earlier, was how the Giants had those long drives taking tons of time off the clock. We just couldn't get their offense off the field when it really mattered. Sound familiar? I can't believe how long ago that was...I'm depressed.

I never watched the game. I was in Desert Storm at the time, deep in the Arabian Desert. I had one of my soldiers who was on "radio watch" scanning a short wave radio looking for news of the game. He woke me around 3am and told me he heard on the BBC "Voice of Freedom" that the Bills had won in the final seconds. I was bouncing off my tent walls but quickly glued myself to the radio to hear for myself. When the truth became known, I wanted to puke and have shunned the game like it was a case of ebola.

I really believe everyone here has a valid point. Two other points to note - I think Walt Corey was a pedestrian DC - with all the talent the D had, they should have been better. And if we had Ted Washington instead of Jeff Wright, we win in a walk.

I've often fantasized that if we had Washington and Wade Phillips, we would have killed the G-men.

As far as the offense being at fault - I've often thought 19 minutes - 19 points. . . if Corey had only gotten them off the field and given the offense a couple of more chances!!! Arrgh!!!

But that was long ago and that team was so much fun to watch - I miss seeing them week-in and week-out.

i have never watched even a clip of that game since the day it happened. perhaps i will allow myself that pleasure after the bills super bowl parade.

I was going to say the same thing.

Well it was the only SB we were competitive. The other three were embarrassing. I actually thought the 4th we had a shot as we were up in the first half. Then we fell apart again for the 4th time.

If we ever get there again, I'll be at this one.

That last one is the only SB I can remember watching- I was five. I couldn't understand why my dad and brother were so anxious even though we were winning. Ah the ignorance of youth. Just can't wait for this team to rise up again. That Tim Tindale was great and all but come on man, that's it!?

Edited by Aaron