Phrase that will make you cringe the most in 2014

Say it ain't so!  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Which phrase will ruin 2014 the most?

• "EJ's down, and he's not moving."
    • "Glenn is down, and he's not moving."
    • "Watkins is down, and he's not moving."
    • "Brady back there with ALL the time in the world."
    • "Spiller bottled up again for a three yard loss."
    • "And with today's week 17 loss, the Bill's playoff drought continues."
    • "And with today's week 12 loss, the Bill's playoff drought continues."
    • Other: added in comments below

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg Gumbel: "This is a week 17 winner-goes-to-the-playoffs game for the Bills and the Patriots here in Foxboro. And with 8 minutes to go in the fourth quarter, it seemed EJ Manuel and the Bills had the Patriots on the ropes with a commanding 17 point lead."

Dan Dierdorf (back from retirement): "HOWEVER, Tommy Terrific, with all of his athleticism has the Patriots battling back... Now, after two quick patriots touchdowns, and with only 17 seconds remaining, it is first and goal for the Patriots from the Buffalo 8 yd. line with 2 timeouts left to burn."

Greg Gumbel: "That's right Dan... This is prime territory for a pass to Gronk, back just this week from arm surgery, or even a pass to the recently acquitted Hernandez."

Edited by judman

LOL....great thread.

I voted for Brady because that's pretty much groundhog day, and Brady with time = bad pass rush = can't stop the pass = losses against every good QB = over-committing to blitzes = can't stop the run either = Bills always playing from behind = no effective running game = finishing 6-10 again.

LOL....great thread.

I voted for Brady because that's pretty much groundhog day, and Brady with time = bad pass rush = can't stop the pass = losses against every good QB = over-committing to blitzes = can't stop the run either = Bills always playing from behind = no effective running game = finishing 6-10 again.

I knew the implication wouldn't pass YOU by!

"Ya gotta love this guy...(insert name)" Also, "Tonight on NFL Network, we'll take a look at Da'Rick Rogers' 4 TD game versus the New England Patriots and how it compares to his 3 TD game last week versus the Niners"

Hahaha. Love anytime DaRick can get brought into the conversation. Good work

I voted for Week 12 loss, but I was very torn with Week 17 loss. Sad thing is, I don't think the Bills have actually had a mathematical Week 17 shot since 2004, when they lost to Fast Willie Parker and the Steelers' backups. Usually it's around Week 14-15 in the "good" years. It's cool, though. None of this is at all depressing.

Personally mine would be .

"With all the weapons that EJ has if his accuracy & decision making were better this would be a Super Bowl contending team, but until they figure that out they are just the same old Bills"

That would SUCK !!!

Depth is not really a huge problem so if some one goes down i think we can survive that no matter who it might be but EJ is the lynch pin if he isn't the guy that can get it to his weapons then all is for naught !!

Here's to hope GO BILLS !!!

I voted for Sammy going down - anything that keeps him from having a year worthy of ROY consideration is going to reinforce the belief by most outside of Buffalo that trading up for him was a bad move. It's going to be bad if he doesn't have a solid year, but to have every hater in the national media write an "I told you so" piece about the Bills always making bad decisions and always being a bottom feeder will be unbearable. Besides, we all know if New England had done the same thing in the draft everyone would be heaping praise on that organization for making such a "bold" and "spectacular" move...

I voted for Sammy going down - anything that keeps him from having a year worthy of ROY consideration is going to reinforce the belief by most outside of Buffalo that trading up for him was a bad move. It's going to be bad if he doesn't have a solid year, but to have every hater in the national media write an "I told you so" piece about the Bills always making bad decisions and always being a bottom feeder will be unbearable. Besides, we all know if New England had done the same thing in the draft everyone would be heaping praise on that organization for making such a "bold" and "spectacular" move...

Yeah, it's weird how teams that usually win 11-14 games get the benefit of the doubt, and teams that usually win 4-7 games don't.