Browns Possibly Looking to Add WR

i guess I just find the whole idea of fans/pundits suggesting trades to be pretty funny. I can honestly say I have never heard anyone predict a trade(not one that has been rumored about)accurately. It's usually fans trying to trade our junk for their quality- like we can fool them into thinking that crappy player is really a good one.

I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment. And while I don't think that TJ is "junk," just sort of a fifth wheel in a deep group, I don't suspect that any GM would be giving up anything of appreciable "quality" for him. He is more of a known quantity than an UDFA, and likely has more physical talent than any UDFAs out there. For a team that is really hurting at WR, he might be worth a low draft pick. The small value we would receive in return could, however, be packaged with other things of value, be it picks or players. Whaley seems to be willing to wheel and deal, why not have more assets with which to deal? If the brass knows, or highly suspects that a player is "expendable" and is going to ultimately be released, why not try to move him while he has some value? Like I said before, once camp starts, I think his value dries up, and a team like the Browns would just wait to poach him off the scrap heap. But, if Pettine considers TJ to have the stink of losing on him, he might not want to bring him on even if he's available for nothing.

Normally, I don't really think like this, but the Bills have an active FO now, so talk like this might not be as fantastical as it would normally be. Plus, we're in that football vacuum between rookie camp and training camp. I'm just looking for excuses to talk about the team.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://profootballta...a-big-time-one/

How about this pitch: TJ to the Browns for a conditional 7th (becomes a 6th based on playing time)? Coach has some familiarity with the player. TJ's raw, but is young, on a manageable contract and does have some decent measurables. He looks like he could be the odd man out here. Might as well get something for him if you can. If you're Doug Whaley, do you at least make the call?

We should seriously consider trading Stevie Johnson. He's been a great Bill, but I think it's time to move on. Just food for thought.

Been here a while, eh?

I've been a lurker for a few years now. The personality transformation that this franchise has undergone lately has stirred enough enthusiasm within me that I finally felt the urge to dip my toe in the pool.

***Also, as a public service announcement, Skeltons are currently buy-one-get-one-free, as both John and Stephen are on the market, and looking for a good home. In fact, I think Sarah McLachlan just put out a commercial for them.

there were certainly times he was open deep and the ball wasn't there. TJ strikes me as a "talent" that will take this 3rd year to determine his worth.

Yep, EJ did not deliver good deep balls, and the jury is out on him.....I was there, saw the bad throws. All this rah, rah we hear won't last another season if EJ doesn't do a better job on the long ball. He missed consistently, especially ob on the sideline. Do Marrone and Hackett think the fans are blind? As for TJ, he really hasn't shown anything to speak of yet....I am guessing he is not making it in the league...a bust. Edited by bigK14094

A number of teams have TJ types who are likely available. But it never hurts to test the waters. You never know when you'll find a team that thought he was wonderful in college and has never had a good opportunity to prove himself. Cross your fingers.

Actually, upon further inspection, the Browns themselves have a TJ Graham type. Travis Benjamin. Track star. Same height. Better 40 time. Has scored TDs against the Bills both times he's played us (he's the one that had that long return in the night game). And they got him 31 picks after TJ...

Maybe his ACL won't be fully healed? I'm guessing they'll be looking for someone with a different skill set. I give up. My bad everyone. I FORMALLY RESCIND MY QUESTION. Here's to hoping TJ has had a very productive offseason.

Edited by Delusional Bills Optimist

http://profootballta...a-big-time-one/

How about this pitch: TJ to the Browns for a conditional 7th (becomes a 6th based on playing time)? Coach has some familiarity with the player. TJ's raw, but is young, on a manageable contract and does have some decent measurables. He looks like he could be the odd man out here. Might as well get something for him if you can. If you're Doug Whaley, do you at least make the call?

a 7th?! I'm not fan of Graham but we're not trying to give him away.

This is a really good interview. He is well-spoken, seems to love being on the team and has great chemistry with his teammates. I know he hangs out a lot with AW, they are always tweeting about stuff they di in Buffalo with the fans like going to the Y and playing pick-up B-ball. I really like the kid. I just wish he could catch. If he can't, he needs to sit. Especially if one of the tall guys shows he can play.

trade Graham and a 7th for a 6th.

trade that 6th plus Pears for a 5th.

trade that 5th and Allan Branch for a 4th

trade that 4th and EJ Manuel for a 3rd.

Trade that third and Fred Jackson for a 2nd

Trade that second and Sammy Watkins for a 1st.

See, Graham can help us trade up to get a first.

#GrahamforHOF

Brilliant

This is a really good interview. He is well-spoken, seems to love being on the team and has great chemistry with his teammates. I know he hangs out a lot with AW, they are always tweeting about stuff they di in Buffalo with the fans like going to the Y and playing pick-up B-ball. I really like the kid. I just wish he could catch. If he can't, he needs to sit. Especially if one of the tall guys shows he can play.

Seems like a great guy but he really doesn't have chemistry with who counts: whoever his QB is. Russell Wilson was his QB in college from '08-'10 at NC State and that resulted in Wilson getting benched. After transferring to Wisconsin, Wilson showed that perhaps he wasn't the problem (maybe TJ was?) by putting up great numbers and becoming a top NFL prospect. Fast forward to the NFL, Fitzy has a chance to score a game winning TD against the Pats but TJ runs the wrong route resulting in a pathetic looking INT. Fitz is now history but would history be different if TJ ran the proper route? Now this last season is more of the same. EJ looking like a bust. Especially his throws to TJ. It's as if they are reading from different playbooks. If they really want EJ to succeed they should replace TJ with someone with at least a basic grasp of the playbook and the WR position, because TJ doesn't have it.