Veterans Administration Scandal Widespread?

http://townhall.com/...l-mode-n1839948

Mary Katherine Ham opines that the White House is in somewhere between stages two and three of their patented scandal slow walk. They've moved on from expressing outrage to declining to comment further on "ongoing investigations" into themselves. Jay Carney has begun to sneer at questions from the press about this issue (reminder: "this issue" is veterans suffering and dying due to fraud and deceit at the VA). We'll see if Team Obama ever takes the next step to becoming openly contemptuous and derisive of these questions -- which would be followed by the "phony" designation, and the inevitable "dude, this is totally old news" dismissal. Don't forget, though: Part of this scandal is that the recent revelationsare "old news" at the VA. The GAO raised red flags about wait lists for care in 2012 (virtually no progress has been made in rectifying problems, according to the WSJ), and allegations of fraud were brought to the department's attention on several occasions in 2013. CBS News has noted that at least one major allegation of wait list fraud was investigated and confirmed by the VA last year, yet no action was taken until the news network exposed it this month.

26 different facilities now being investigated:

http://townhall.com/...-times-n1841270

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another scandal????

Yes, Obama was briefed on the wait times before he became president so his assertion that he found this out through the media is just false. With that said, I don't believe this is happening at all or most VA hospitals. I use the VA for my health care and have no problems with wait time or quality of care.

Now, now. Obama released a statement today that no one is madder about this than him, and promises to get to the truth!

Right after this next round of golf and fundraiser. Oh, and the upcoming three-day weekend he'll spend at Martha's VIneyard.

Yep. He's damn angry about it.

Another scandal????

It won't be a scandal if he doesn't lie this time. Unfortunately, the whistleblowers on both sides of the aisle are out in droves on this one, and when it's done telling stories of vets committing suicide, you're going to be begging for a nice Benghazi story.

Now, now. Obama released a statement today that no one is madder about this than him, and promises to get to the truth!

Right after this next round of golf and fundraiser. Oh, and the upcoming three-day weekend he'll spend at Martha's VIneyard.

Yep. He's damn angry about it.

It won't be a scandal if he doesn't lie this time. Unfortunately, the whistleblowers on both sides of the aisle are out in droves on this one, and when it's done telling stories of vets committing suicide, you're going to be begging for a nice Benghazi story.

Obama was briefed on the excessive wait times while he was still President-Elect. Obviously he didn't cause the wait times, but failed to assure that something was actually being done about them. His claims that he just now heard about all this from the media is that lie you were talking about.

Obama was briefed on the excessive wait times while he was still President-Elect. Obviously he didn't cause the wait times, but failed to assure that something was actually being done about them. His claims that he just now heard about all this from the media is that lie you were talking about.

Isn't that how socialized medicine works? The commie VA will always be that way

CNN Reporter Scolds Obama for Inaction on VA

Drew Griffin, a CNN reporter who has followed and broken several stories regarding the Department of Veterans Affairs scandal, was in disbelief over President Obama’s lack of action following his private meeting with Secretary Eric Shinseki. The president indicated that the administration would continue to look into the situation before taking action.

“I was a little caught off-guard by what apparently is a disconnect by what’s happening out here in the country and what the president is talking about,” Griffin said after the president’s briefing. “I hate to be curt, but these GAO reports, these office of inspector general, these memos dating back to 2010 to 2008 — this problem is real, it exists, it really doesn’t have to be studied as to what’s going on,”

“The government has done its job studying these issues,” he continued. “To say that you are going to now wait for yet again for more studies to come back and more fact-finding to come back, I would think that the vets I’ve been talking to wanted much more direct action of what actually is going to happen going forward instead of, ‘Wait and see, and then we’ll decide what’s going to happen going forward.’”

Despite the Obama’s campaign promises to improve the wait times and management at the VA, Griffin said the situation at the department is “certainly not better and perhaps even worse” since the president took office.

Thankfully, Obama's 'mad as hell' act fails to deliver at VA presser

"Nobody's madder than me about this outrageous phony nothing-burger about which I only just learned about from news reports."

LOL

Welcome to the future of American health care.

Not really a very good comparison.

The VA is much like Medicare in the sense they take on pateints that no private insurers wants to touch in any way shape or form- and that compendable as a Nation- we take care of the elderly, we take care of the brave who sacrificed...

Heres what you do: You find out who was reponsible and immediately clear house- there are too many troops coming back all !@#$ed up for this type of BS to be happening. In the meantime, you give all those underserved in the VA system right now clearance to go to a hospital or provider of their choice until this mess is corrected. We already to Tricare outpatient services here, so they public/ private venture is already working.

#Treat Our Veterans

There, now I feel much better. What's the next problem that needs some attention?

Congratulations! You are now qualified to be president! Or at least his obnoxious overbearing wife.