Poll: If you could choose any current NFL QB for the 2014 Bills...

Which QB would you choose to lead the Bills in 2014?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. If you could choose any current NFL QB to lead the Bills in 2014 and beyond, who would it be?

• Peyton Manning
    • Tom Brady
    • Drew Brees
    • Ben Roethlisberger
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Johnny Manziel
    • Andrew Luck
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Russell Wilson
    • EJ Manuel
    • RG III
    • Tony Romo
    • Colin Kaepernick
    • Jay Cutler
    • Fitz
    • Skelton
    • Nick Foles
    • Cam Newton
    • Alex Smith
    • Other

Andrew Luck by a country mile in my mind....not only is a great pocket passer, but he's young and has all the tangibles and intangibles necessary to be great....put him in New Orleans, and he's the League MVP. He needs a better support staff, Wayne is aging and T.Y. Hilton is a one trick pony - even though I like what he brings, Luck is far and away in my mind the best "long-term" QB given his age...JMO but, he's head and shoulders above the rest.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question was: "

If you could choose any current NFL QB to lead the Bills in 2014 and beyond, who would it be?"

Based on that, the poll answers are spot on - no choice other than Rodgers or Luck makes any sense whatsoever. Manning, Brady, and Brees are too old.

If you believe in Luck he's a no-brainer - the greatest draft prospect in 30 years shows no sign of disappointing. He's going to be a stud for 15 years+, so he was my pick.

If you aren't sure about Luck, then Rodgers is the only current top-tier QB who isn't close to retiring.

Edited by BobChalmers

Andrew Luck in a close one over Russell Wilson.

This~

Luck is hungrier right now, as he didn't just win a SB. Although I love Wilson's ability to scramble, and make plays. I just think he could easily end up on IR or with serious injuries AKA, RG3. Providing of course that the newest drafted additions all end up playing major roles in upgrading that line. Otherwise it's Russell Wilson.

I don't want a burnout has-been that can make the playoffs, and then die in, or near the SB, like Brady, Manning, Brees. I want a QB who will be there for the next decade and win games.

BTW, EJ could be that guy if he develops properly this season. :D

Rogers and no one else is even close. DISCOUNT DOUBLE CHECK!!!

Rodgers has never shown he can beat NE though. FWIW.. (GB has only played them twice since he was drafted. GB lost with Matt Flynn in 2010 and Brett Favre/Rodgers in 2006)

Dumb thread.

Aaaaaaand yet you clicked and checked in, just to contribute your well thought out response...nicely done.

Anyways, I already stated my vote and reason, but to answer the erudite and intellectually magnificent response, I'll say this: while none of those QBs are realistic to the BILLS for a variety of reasons, I think it's interesting to see the "type" of QB various posters would like to see behind Center for the BILLS. In that, none of those guys will likely play for the BILLS but they can be prototypical representatives of a QB the BILLS get, either in the reality of EJ Manuel or if he busts another QB to lead the charge once EJ bottoms out - which I am REALLLLLLLLY hoping doesn't happen...so, to the OP, I can appreciate the fun this poll provides and a little bit of insight in to who we, as fans, value as the type of QB we would like to see in a BILLS Uni for the future. Plus, between now and Training Camp, there ain't much else...to state the obvious in such a wonderfully eloquent fashion.

Would have to be Rodgers or Luck. Rodgers has another 4 or 5 years left in him...imagine what he could do with this offense?

Luck has another 10 or 12 years, and will likely only get better...not a bad cosolation prize.

Rodgers is my main choice, but Luck, Wilson and Kaepernick would be good too. Cam Newton as well.

But this is all assuming that EJ sucks based on his 10 game rookie season that was compromised in many ways, heh.

Still stand by Manning. You go with whoever gives you the best chance to actually win, not whoever gives you the best chance to potentially win in the future.

If I'm starting a franchise out with nothing else then I go with Andrew Luck.

Russell Wilson shouldn't be in the conversation. He's solid but not great. His running game and defense won that championship.

What may come as a shock to some, I chose EJ Manuel. At this point you have to dance with the girl you brought.

You'd be the worst GM in NFL history.

I've seen Aaron RODGERS spelled wrong way too much on here...

Edited by SBUffalo