Bills Release WR Brandon Kaufman.

So now for TE we're left with a guy who 31 teams didn't offer a contract to, a guy who hasn't played in 2 years and a 7th rounder. TE is an important part of today's NFL and we have nothing

Except the guy who caught the most passes on the team last year and is 6'7 with great hands.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep... I was pretty eager to see it too.

Me too ! I think he would have or could have been a great TE … When they said he bulked up & the possibility of him moving to the TE position with the history of the Bills moving players & being successful i was like YAH !!

The kid has great hands & size i don't get why he didn't at least get a real chance to try out at that spot . But i emailed Chris Brown & he said he didn't see it happening , so good call i guess ??

So, if Hackett fails you'll blame it on the release of a UDFA WR? Seriously?

No.

WHEN Nat Hackett fails it will be because he's a lousy OC. -Terrible, is actually closer to the truth.

The Kaufman kid has awesome hands. The fact that Hackett has no place for that anywhere in his offense is a bad sign. I mean at least get the kid in TC, and see what happens...

Four months out, I'm calling it proof of a flawed decision-making process. Or should I say further proof.

Guess we'll see.

No.

WHEN Nat Hackett fails it will be because he's a lousy OC. -Terrible, is actually closer to the truth.

The Kaufman kid has awesome hands. The fact that Hackett has no place for that anywhere in his offense is a bad sign. I mean at least get the kid in TC, and see what happens...

Four months out, I'm calling it proof of a flawed decision-making process. Or should I say further proof.

Guess we'll see.

You actually think the OC makes the call on whether a player is on the roster or not? All this hand wringing over the twice released Kaufman is beyond hilarious. Oh, the Bills better hurry up and change their collective minds before some other team signs this emerging superstar. :lol:

No.

Guess we'll see.

I think they did get the kid in TC last year, and saw what happened.Of all the things to complain about with this team, you are choosing this?

Everyone knows you're doomed when you cut the 5th string TE; a former UDFA that was cut & re-signed as a street FA because nobody wanted him, who never played the position, had to add 25 lbs to a WR frame, has zero NFL catches, and went undrafted despite playing at the FCS Mecca known as Eastern Washington.

Everyone knows you're doomed when you cut the 5th string TE; a former UDFA that was cut & re-signed as a street FA because nobody wanted him, who never played the position, had to add 25 lbs to a WR frame, has zero NFL catches, and went undrafted despite playing at the FCS Mecca known as Eastern Washington.

14 years! This is why.

I think they did get the kid in TC last year, and saw what happened.Of all the things to complain about with this team, you are choosing this?

And then practices the last month of the season when he returned after no interest from anyone, and then spring workouts too. He's not a total unknown even though we haven't seen him. I think a lot of posters forget that.

Except the guy who caught the most passes on the team last year and is 6'7 with great hands.

except that drop against Atlanta that guaranteed we lost that game in Toronto.

;-)

And let's not forget that he is 6'7" and plays like he's Nathan Gerbe

Edited by mrags

;-)

And let's not forget that he is 6'7" and plays like he's Nathan Gerbe

It may have guaranteed the loss, but the defense made up for any chance the offense had to win.

:thumbsup:

;-)

The Bills had 2 chances to win that game before Chandlers fumble...The PI on Robey, then Stevie's fumble...And I'm not trying to make excuses for Chandler...Just saying in chronological order, he was the third of three big mistakes that cost us that game...It should have never got that far... B-)

:thumbsup:

The Bills had 2 chances to win that game before Chandlers fumble...The PI on Robey, then Stevie's fumble...And I'm not trying to make excuses for Chandler...Just saying in chronological order, he was the third of three big mistakes that cost us that game...It should have never got that far... B-)

yeah. Except his fumble was a direct relation to the loss. Stevie's only cost us a win. Didn't guarantee a loss. Chandlers guaranteed a loss.

yeah. Except his fumble was a direct relation to the loss. Stevie's only cost us a win. Didn't guarantee a loss. Chandlers guaranteed a loss.

Pettine's glorious defense letting a dejected, nothing to play for Atlanta team score 21 straight also directly related to the loss.

Bummer I like Kaufman his hands. Should have been a good NFL Europe project player, think he has a shot to make it to the roster somewhere guy just needs to get his shot/break like so many do.