Maybin Retires

Eric Wood@EWood70 4m

@ESPNNFL: Of the 256 players picked in 2009, only 38 remain on the team that drafted them. pic.twitter.com/p72Z9nsmvQ” this is pretty wild

I think the other stats are important as we'll

13 1st rounders with the same team

19 1st rounders on different teams or out of the league (ours being one of them)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the other stats are important as we'll

13 1st rounders with the same team

19 1st rounders on different teams or out of the league (ours being one of them)

Wood was a 1st rounder too. 1/2 ain't bad, plus we hit on round 2 Levitre & round 3 Byrd.

This pick was an absolute disaster.

We chose an undersized guy who had one decent year at PSU.

He had the temerity to hold out and, as I recall, would not even answer the phone when Marv called him.

I remember reading on PFT (or one of those sites) that buyer's remorse set in very quickly once he got on the field. The Bills quickly realized that the guy had no business being a first round pick. (As an aside, I think our 7th round pick Seantrel Henderson will have more of an impact than Maybin ever had).

His value to the Bills was even less than our first round pick next year (at least that pick helped us get Sammy).

On the other hand, Maybin is a pretty good artist.

Edited by Peter

Always wondered what players such as Maybin do after there NFL career isn't successful and it ends. Do they go out into the workforce and get normal jobs?

Why would he? He owns millions. He'll prolly goes to do stuff he likes such as making music, artsy stuff, party hard and other silly stuff millions allow you to do.

Edited by bladiebla

Can't blame Maybin for the Bills drafting him over legit NFL prospects, he's just a guy who parlayed 1 good college season & combine into the most money he could. It's the Bills' FO's fault for that debacle.

How about "one good football game" against, was it Central Florida??? Even PSU fans knew he was a one hit wonder.

But in the end, It's not Maybin we sould loath, its the incredibly ridiculous front office people who drafted him when they did.

Interestingly, he is one of the few 1st round picks that both Mel Kiper and Adam Shafter liked of the Bills in recent years. . . . just further evidence

Edited by CSBill

Why would he? He owns millions. He'll prolly goes to do stuff he likes such as making music, artsy stuff, party hard and other silly stuff millions allow you to do.

On the other hand, I'm not sure he collected all of that $25M / 5 yr deal that he held out for. And something tells me throwing oneself a jet-set birthday bash in an Atlanta nightclub isn't on the Forbes investment list either.

Though, I'd guess your take about the music scene is a good guess...

I wish him the best of luck and happiness in life.

He is a pretty good artist and very in to the arts. He seems to be fairly intelligent and will land on his feet. He will not take the route that most wash-outs never take.

No he wasn't, he's very bad artist and seems to know nothing about art. He might be a good artist on Ebay but he isn't getting shows in galleries like good artists strive to. His art IQ may even be lower than his abilities as a football player.

All that said, good for him to have retired, being an artist takes a lot of work, learning and commitment and have some unspecified millions of dollars really can be helpful.

Can't blame Maybin for the Bills drafting him over legit NFL prospects, he's just a guy who parlayed 1 good college season & combine into the most money he could. It's the Bills' FO's fault for that debacle.

Besides, if we'd drafted any of the studs who were available instead of Maybin, we probably wouldn't have been bad enough last year to be in position to move up for Watkins this year.

He held out for his entire rookie training camp and was always behind the 8 ball. I think he juiced heavily before the combine and misrepresented himself because he could never naturally be the size he needed to be in order to play effectively in the NFL. For that reason, I don't wish him well at all. Scammer. Here's a quote from Aaron the bust:

"Those years when I was struggling in Buffalo, I was really struggling," he said. "I was mad and pissed off, too. I was mad every single day. They wanted me to be something I wasn't" (yeah, a legitimate honest human being and team player...... how dare we......)