Sammy Watkins visits Jim Kelly

Rubes

How awesome is that?

SI_PeterKing

How great is this? @sammywatkins visiting Jim Kelly between cancer treatments today: http://t.co/4Ss3Vb7pDJ

5/12/14, 7:19 PM

sammywatkins

Pray for uncle Jim great guy it's crazy how strong he is and how he continues to smile and make jokes… http://t.co/FWCqI5ZtgJ

5/12/14, 7:15 PM

It's times like this that make me love this team, it's what will ultimately be this franchises' legacy. I really think we'll never see another player that has impacted a team, a community, and a fanbase more than Jim Kelly. What he stands for and has endured after his career is what makes me most proud.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope someone has gotten Jim some good bud. It can mean all the difference in surviving the treatment. Good way to keep the appetite up and the pain and nausea down.

As for Sammy, the kid has already won me over.

I hope someone has gotten Jim some good bud. It can mean all the difference in surviving the treatment. Good way to keep the appetite up and the pain and nausea down.

As for Sammy, the kid has already won me over.

Maybe someone could cook down some oil for him, works real well for my

sister who is currently in one helluva breast cancer battle!

Edited by Tu-Toned

Stevie is a good guy. No doubt. I agree with Whaley that this is the best next step for both parties, though.

So is Watkins friends with Chad Kelly?

FYI Chad is on outs at Clemson, had off field issue, and wasnt 1st and he wont get starting gig and is looking at transfering if he hasnt done so already. Maybe Chad has bit of prima dona attitude and didnt develop enough since HS and figured it was "sure thing" he'd land gig once Boyd was gone.

Great job by Sammy, loved this kid at Clemson past 3 yrs and will be HUGE addition to WR corp and best weapon EJ has at his disposal.

FYI Chad is on outs at Clemson, had off field issue, and wasnt 1st and he wont get starting gig and is looking at transfering if he hasnt done so already. Maybe Chad has bit of prima dona attitude and didnt develop enough since HS and figured it was "sure thing" he'd land gig once Boyd was gone.

Great job by Sammy, loved this kid at Clemson past 3 yrs and will be HUGE addition to WR corp and best weapon EJ has at his disposal.

I believe he was kicked off the team for attitude problems during spring practice. I thought I heard he landed at another school but not sure - there was a whole thread about it but I didn't pay much attention.

Stevie is a good guy. No doubt. I agree with Whaley that this is the best next step for both parties, though.

So is Watkins friends with Chad Kelly?

I'm thinking so. Earlier in the day Sammy tweeted to Chad something along the lines of "See you tonight."

@buffalobills: .@sammywatkins plans to be at Jim Kelly's football camp. "Anything for Jim"

@buffalobills: .@sammywatkins on Jim Kelly: "He gave me wisdom and encouragement ... Everybody is family"