Buffalo Sportz Corridor: Outer Harbor Football Stadium

This idea expands on Terry Pegula's Harborcenter hockey academy concept.

I have it on good authority that part of the plan includes moving the Pearl St Brewery down the street and changing the name to Pearl Motherf@#$ing Harbor by El Pegual.

as an urban planning student. this rings so true to me. more public space, and communal areas. less special events. we need more people living in central business districts, not more businesses, and people in the suburbs.

http://www.ted.com/talks/amanda_burden_how_public_spaces_make_cities_work?utm_source=email&source=email&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ios-share

This is a great article--almost something you would read at The Onion.com!

A handful of guys (Burke of "Burke Sportz", 2 architects from "Left Coast Design Studio"--in Lancaster and a local lawyer) who no one knows and are backed by a Fla-based "multipurpose sports project" developer who's most notable such facilities so far include "The Spooky Nook Sports Complex", "Rocky Top Sports World" and "Bo Jackson's Elite Sports".

Yeah, financing should be not trouble for these Titanz of the sportz development world.

And speaking of financing, check out the article's estimation of the "full price tag" (remember, this plan includes a retractable domed Bills stadium AND a high-rise hotel and convention center) at "several hundred million dollars".

Pure gold.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Sportz with a 'z' = swag.

That was my first thought - did they HAVE to spell it with a "z"? Hell, I work in action sports and even "extreme" brands dropped the z spellings like 10 years ago...

Is their logo in comic sans?

A handful of guys (Burke of "Burke Sportz", 2 architects from "Left Coast Design Studio"--in Lancaster and a local lawyer) who no one knows and are backed by a Fla-based "multipurpose sports project" developer who's most notable such facilities so far include "The Spooky Nook Sports Complex", "Rocky Top Sports World" and "Bo Jackson's Elite Sports".

Yeah, financing should be not trouble for these Titanz of the sportz development world.

And speaking of financing, check out the article's estimation of the "full price tag" (remember, this plan includes a retractable domed Bills stadium AND a high-rise hotel and convention center) at "several hundred million dollars".

Pure gold.

Well I guess you could call 15 hundred million "several" ;)

This can't be serious, can it?

Edited by CodeMonkey

I think they should combine the buffalo zoo,the museum of science and add a new aquarium facility down on the outer harbor. Complete with rides, games, restaurants etc.

Edited by oman128

OMG a forward thought to use land that is making ZERO revenue & turn it into a tourism destination for final four & possible other huge sporting events to bring back a huge chunk of tax revenue & jobs to the area ...

(Typical Western NY thought pattern) NAH IT WILL NEVER WORK but some day some one will come along & use the land for a park !!!

its a waste of the outer harbor. push the stadium a bit inland

Typical Western NY thought pattern … Let's just let it sit generating nothing & then it will get better with time like a good wine !!

OMG a forward thought to use land that is making ZERO revenue & turn it into a tourism destination for final four & possible other huge sporting events to bring back a huge chunk of tax revenue & jobs to the area ...

(Typical Western NY thought pattern) NAH IT WILL NEVER WORK but some day some one will come along & use the land for a park !!!

Typical Western NY thought pattern … Let's just let it sit generating nothing & then it will get better with time like a good wine !!

you hit the nail on the head!

Pure gold.

That made me laugh too.