Colt Lyerla

Any team taken a chance on him yet? I just spent 20 minutes reading about him and the concerns are obviously significant but man can he play. His highlight videos are better than any other tight end I have seen in the draft. He finds himself wide open all the time, runs over people. They used him as running back multiple times. Any way to sign him and hire a 24 hours chaperon to keep an eye on him. Sign him up to meet with Dr. Sean Maguire 3 times a week?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

given our latest track-record of handing out 2nd chances left and right i am quite astonished we haven´t signed him already.

otoh, when not even we sign him, wha is really the deal with that guy?

Lyerla's issues, just what we have seen documented let alone what else these teams probably know, go beyond any projects/problem children this team has taken on. I am sure every fan of every team wants their team to sign him. But they aren't the ones that have to deal with him. Pass.

The guy is an obvious talent, but cases like Rae Carruth and Aaron Hernandez have put the league on notice. red flags cannot be ignored and the ramifications of ignoring them can be immense. If he truly had his head on straight he would have deleted his twitter account and gone into a training and rehab program. Neither of those things happened.Ergo, red flags still abound.

Sign him.

There doesn't appear to be any violence in his history so the downside would be that he is bounced because of substance abuse or not getting with the program.

Guys are bounced all the time, see Josh Gordon. Is anyone blaming the Browns for giving him a chance?

Calling Sandy Hook parents liars is a special kind of crazy. Not take him to the zoo kind of crazy, but more like choose not to associate with him kind of crazy.

I think Greggo Marrone's talk about values is a totally bunch of blowhard crap, but at least even his false bravado isn't big enough to take a shot on this idiot. I guess I have to give him some credit.