NFL networks coverage of Michael Sam

Actually, I know you're being funny, but that would be an terrific Amazing Race team. Imagine the conversations while riding on a camel those two could have!

I know I vowed not to comment on this thread any more but Derelicthe is on to something actually productive. Great idea and they could promo the show during the Super Bowl to follow right after. Amazing Race would be incredible and Survivor would be great as well!

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I vowed not to comment on this thread any more but Derelicthe is on to something actually productive. Great idea and they could promo the show during the Super Bowl to follow right after. Amazing Race would be incredible and Survivor would be great as well!

:lol: :lol:

I love it.

People should be free to think whatever they want. Also, free to do whatever they want, if it doesn't hurt anyone. Some people are against public displays of affection by anyone- homosexual or heterosexual. Personally, I couldn't care less- let them do as they will in public.

People kissing noisily in public hurts me. So do people chewing with their mouths open. It's extremely unpleasant, it's beyond my control, and it's physiological. It's borderline torture at times.

People kissing noisily in public hurts me. So do people chewing with their mouths open. It's extremely unpleasant, it's beyond my control, and it's physiological. It's borderline torture at times.

Yeah but with you it's torture regardless of the sexuality of the people kissing and chewing loudly. That doesn't make you a homophobe or a bigot, it makes you a cranky old man. Nothing wrong with that.

I believe that is what Dorkington is referring to when he mentions the "subtle homophobia on this site."

Ah the subtle homophobia of this site. Goes well with the subtle racism.

Interesting how you left out the subtle belittling of Christians on this site. How perfectly that suits you.

Edited by Triple Threat

You aren't very funny. At least not when you're trying to be.

First I was not trying to be funny. I was pointing out how the argument was good till you brought up the grammar. Thumbs down smiley.

2nd. Your post to me was not funny either.

Last. Let me quote cube, "You better check yourself before you wreck yourself" If I wanted to be funny I would post your best selfie.

So, having religious principals and morals based on religious beliefs is homophobic? C'mon with that crap. I'm a devout atheist, pro abortion, pro gun, pro marrying anyone or anything you want and as gay friendly as can be - mostly because I don't care about other people enough to care what they should or shouldn't do... but what is being said here about homophobia is ridiculous.

Going way back with TT in the shout box it is apparent he is not a homophobic person, nor is he some sort of closeted homosexual. He is a religious person with some pretty strong beliefs and by all accounts there are many people in this world who do quite well with those same ideals. Now, sure this is a lot of projection based on what I can tell of him, at least, but he is not a Bible thumping type nor would he be the guy who would preach to you about sins. Of course, unless you asked. But, this is the internet where anyone can share anything and he, from my experience, is not trying to change any mind here merely speak his, just like erryone else be doing up in hurr.

So, why not just disagree with him and those who believe that sort of thing and move on? No need to get silly about it and I know Jaur was just poking fun and I know TT gets it, but many others here don't.

If you can support gay culture but not someone else's viewpoint or belief then that is incredibly ironic. Supporting a 1st Amendment issue but not the right to speak out against it. I'm not even sure if I could come up with something as ironic as that...anyone got any ideas?

Haha, you remember that? Not my greatest moment. In full disclosure we did meet and decided to thumb wrestle. I won.

I got to smell my thumb the entire way home. I won.

Dude, that was some good stuff. And Jaur, I haven't met him in person but he really is a pretty solid dude from what I can tell from the posts, shouts and a few PM's.

Edited by jboyst62

He just wants to be a football player though.

This whole thing is nonsense. It was common knowledge among his college teammates & I am sure most reporters that covered Mizzou that he was gay but big bad Michael Sam's had to announce right before the draft that he was gay. He knew exactly what he was doing. He knows he is a marginal NFL Talent (& that is even a stretch) & he was going to parlay his coming out to as many endorsement deals/exposure etc as possible & of course liberal Amercia ate it up hook line & sinker. If Fisher had any balls he would call Sam up today & tell him the Ram's organization has no time for 7th round picks that think it is more important to have a reality show then concentrate on football & tell him he is cut.

This whole thing is nonsense. It was common knowledge among his college teammates & I am sure most reporters that covered Mizzou that he was gay but big bad Michael Sam's had to announce right before the draft that he was gay. He knew exactly what he was doing. He knows he is a marginal NFL Talent (& that is even a stretch) & he was going to parlay his coming out to as many endorsement deals/exposure etc as possible & of course liberal Amercia ate it up hook line & sinker. If Fisher had any balls he would call Sam up today & tell him the Ram's organization has no time for 7th round picks that think it is more important to have a reality show then concentrate on football & tell him he is cut.

This is different from a coach allowing the Hard Knocks crew into their camp... how, exactly? It's OK when a coach chooses this for the whole team regardless of their wishes, but not when a player is approached with an offer from the most powerful woman in media?

I understand, it looks like a distraction, but we have no idea what the production actually looks like.

If you're the kind of coach that bans Twitter, etc, then I understand taking such a hard line. Most people realize that it's a business and that it's built around selling different aspects of the game (personality, for one) in addition to the game itself.

I think there are a lot of people with depression (diagnosed or not) who would disagree with that statement. It's very easy to project this attitude without walking a mile in someone else's shoes.

Yes, and there's a lot of people diagnosed with cerebal palsy that can't run. Great. You've proven nothing.

Now, for all the people who don't have a medical condition that affects their feelings? What I wrote above remains 100% true. They can control how they feel.

The liberal grievance culture is about as phony as it gets. Which...is precisely why you see me here, writing this. I detest phonies.

For all the people who do have a medical condition? How they feel REMAINS out of my control, REMAINS not my responsibility, and REMAINS a presonal problem, that must be dealt with: personally.

The point: we must not make laws/choose behavior based on "how someone feels". How they feel is their problem, not society's, wether it is a result of a medical issue or not, and the solution also belongs entirely to each individual.

Oh, you're nuttier than I thought.

Maybe you should find that part of the book that talks about compassion for all mankind. Not sure your views toward an estimated 10% of the population are all that Christian, brother Triple.

Oh please, and what of the part of the book that literally calls homosexuality an abomination?

I love arguments that are predicated on holding Christians to some part of the Bible, in the most literal form, while others, which are incovenient for the argument, are left completely ignored.

Once again, I exist in this thread to destroy specious/stupid arguments, and this one deserves attention.

IF you want to use the Bible, use the whole thing.

Rights being stripped?

This thread has an awful destiny ahead of it.

Not sure yet. I've already smacked down 2 nonsense arguments, and corrected a third that at least had some merit.

I'm gonna read trough the rest of this, but, there's no guarantee that we have nowhere to go but phony or ignorant(or real, actual bigot) in this thread.

:huh::blink:

So because Michael Sam kissed his significant other on live TV, it's a sign that End Times are here?

I think he threw this one by you GreggyT. On purpose? Who knows? Lobbing it in for you:

Not because of that. No. The end times, if they are upon us, are here because an entire, contrived "media event" can be planned and perpetrated on a whole bunch of dumbasses, who can't seem to recognize the phony for what it is. Are you really telling me that the media didn't have a daily meeting about "the Sam story" every single day for months, and 3 times a day the last week prior to the draft? You're a Hollywood guy...do you think a "show" isn't going on here? Do you really think that show wasn't planned and executed specifically by those with a "you will accept gays now, because you have no right to your own conscience" agenda?

If we truly have that many people in this country who can't see what's under their nose? Then yeah, that's cause for more than a slight concern.

Edited by OCinBuffalo