Hairston

zazie

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's injured, he's injured. By not disclosing a previous post mentioned depression. That's a plausible assertion, but I don't want to know. That's up to him and if that is the case, let the guy get better. He wouldn't be the only one on an anti-depressant in the NFL.

I always liked him so hope he is ok. This could be nothing more than a back injury which is common with O Lineman, and may be just fine.

What I like is the amt of depth just added to the team, and now let them compete. I trust Whaley and Marrone.

Then it should be called " a personal matter '

I'm a Chris Hairston fan . But i dont like the way this has been handled. Whether right wrong good or bad.

Maybe we can trade him for a fourth rounder ? potential third ? :bag:

• 3 weeks later...

If he's injured, he's injured. By not disclosing a previous post mentioned depression. That's a plausible assertion, but I don't want to know. That's up to him and if that is the case, let the guy get better. He wouldn't be the only one on an anti-depressant in the NFL.

I always liked him so hope he is ok. This could be nothing more than a back injury which is common with O Lineman, and may be just fine.

What I like is the amt of depth just added to the team, and now let them compete. I trust Whaley and Marrone.

Ya, back injuries are never that bad ;)

This situation reminds me a lot about a guy who played for us a couple of years ago, Wide receiver Donald Jones. The Bills would never disclose the issues with his health and then finally released him. The Patriots signed him and then let him go soon after. He retired after the Patriots released him stating that he was fighting a long term kidney ailment.

Hairston being able to play would be a true bonus for this team. He is the perfect swing tackle and it allows you to get rid of Pears who can't play any position other than RT. Hairston could even play some guard if needed. Keep all three rookies and let the remaining guards fit it out for the last back-up spot. Whoever can play a little center gets the edge.

Then use Pears' money to sign Dareus long term. Franchise Spiller next year if he plays well this year.

This would be a nice bonus.

One thing--I would NOT cut Pears to make room for Henderson. I'd sooner cut Legursky and make Urbik the backup center than give up depth at OT.

Nor would i CUT Pears . he has been a soldier . But he did have a drop off last year . Maybe it as partly Urbik struggling or a myriad of contributing issues.

But Chris from what i recall ( HA ha its been awhile ) was damned decent .

Depends onhow Unga plays out i suppose as to keeping Hairston and Pears. If one has trade value ? Bills should leverage it. sorry guys

Edited by 3rdand12