RD2, Pick #44: T Cyrus Kouandjio - University of Alabama

SDS

Big bust potential too. That said I like the gamble.

At 45 it'd hardly be a "big bust." And if healthy he's about as safe a pick as you get there. worst case is he washes to guard

Now I think if you see amaro go you see us start calling to get a TE but generally waiting as long as we can to make that call for niklas

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knee injury concerns at age 21 is disheartening. In the "deepest draft in years" you want to make sure your 2nd round pick is a LONG-TERM starter. That's really all it is for me.

Thurman Thomas had a knee ligament from a cadaver when he was drafted. I think it depends on conditioning and sheer luck.

Guy is a beast, and will start / play at RT.

He hurt his knee, and was slow coming off that injury. He was the 4th ranked OT and could have been a high first if not for the injury.

Just some food for thought, "Alabama coaches believe he can be better than former linemate D. J. Fluker (No. 11 overall in 2013, San Diego Chargers)." freakin wow!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1893144/cyrus-kouandjio

Knee injury concerns at age 21 is disheartening. In the "deepest draft in years" you want to make sure your 2nd round pick is a LONG-TERM starter. That's really all it is for me.

Even if the knee falls apart in 5-6 years it's great value if he can play and most think he's a player.

At 45 it'd hardly be a "big bust." And if healthy he's about as safe a pick as you get there. worst case is he washes to guard

Now I think if you see amaro go you see us start calling to get a TE but generally waiting as long as we can to make that call for niklas

Talking TE Does anyone think niklas might slide to us

Hate it! Feel almost as bad as I did after the Roscoe Parrish pick. I said when Roscoe came out he was too small to ever be a #1 or #2 receiver and you only use 2nd round picks on guys who can be a #1 or #2 receiver. That 5.6 40 time is just too trouble for me. Might be able to play guard, but never tackle! I want to be wrong!

Way does a OT need to run a quick 40? Probably the most useless metric in football.

ESPN says weak and slow.

I'll believe the guy with 29 years of scouting in the NFL all day over any of these TV guys...Gabriel had him rated at #31 overall... http://www.nationalf....html&player=17

He does not play slow...And yes he only did 21 reps at the Combine...But watch him on the field...He's a mauler...He had no problem with strength on Saturdays for the most part...His biggest weakness is getting beat by little guys on the edge... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Guy is a beast, and will start / play at RT.

He hurt his knee, and was slow coming off that injury. He was the 4th ranked OT and could have been a high first if not for the injury.

Just some food for thought, "Alabama coaches believe he can be better than former linemate D. J. Fluker (No. 11 overall in 2013, San Diego Chargers)." freakin wow!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1893144/cyrus-kouandjio

There's a reason a lot of us thought y'all were crazy talking RT at 9 or even trading up.