Pick #2 for the Buffalo Bills

I think you're still in the position where playmakers are still out there. Even if you don't get your OT, there are guys like Tyson Clabo out there whom you can bring in for a year.

If you heard any interview with Austin Sefarian-Jenkins, you would want him to be the pick. Sounds like he has a deep appreciation for what it takes to be a good professional and he has a pretty good skill set as well. Jace Amaro is a matchup nightmare. And knowing you have NO RBs under contract after this year, I don't know how you ignore Carlos Hyde.

So my vote is to continue building the offense with yet another playmaker. Since Whaley was talking about giving EJ some weapons, I think ASJ will be the guy.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love any of these picks. Live 15 minutes from UVA, very mixed reputation regarding Moses.

RB: Carlos Hyde, Ohio State (6-0, 230)

TE: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington (6-6, 262)

OT: Cyrus Kouandjio, Alabama (6-7, 322)

DE: Scott Crichton, Oregon State (6-3, 273)

DT: Louis Nix, Notre Dame (6-2, 331)

CB: Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Nebraska (6-3, 218)

I so hope you're wrong. I'm no scout nor do I watch college football but based on what I saw from him at the scouting combine, he is not good and not ready for the NFL.

I hope we go either TE, or Linebacker cuz those two positions are not stacked with much more talent in this year's draft. All other positions can be filled with decent value in rounds 3 and 4.

Also, with the amount of great talent in this year's draft class in areas of need for us, don't be surprised if a handful of UDFA make our 53 man roster.

Please explain to me what you see in Kouandijo. Cuz to me, he's just horrible.

1. My dislike for Kouandijo is obvious at this point and Moses as far as I know has no hip movement. He will get beat often.

Go read some of the scouting reports by real nfl scouts. He gave up 1.5 sacks this whole year, had 17 touchdown producing roadgrader blocks. He was reportedly not fully healthy at the combine. I believe that's why the Bill s waited till very late before having him visit.

But in the actual Alabama games I saw, he wore down whoever was opposite him.

He's not perfect. He's got heavy legs but his wingspan is huge. And he will be dominant in the run game.

I know OT is the bigger need and I will be fine taking one in the 2nd, but I really want ASJ. I mean ASJ, Watkins, Spiller, Woods, Goodwin, and others would be just explosive. There will be OL prospects in the third we can target.

I expect it will be one of these 2 positions.

I'd go with Niklas in the 2nd, and Richardson, Flemming, Mewhort, as OT's who should be there in the 3rd, and/or Jackson, Richardson or Yankey as Guards who could be available in the 3rd.

@DonBanks

Four more QB selections on the way in the second round. Says who? Says me, in my just posted 2nd-round mock. http://sportsillustr...exans/ …

41. Buffalo Bills -- Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama

The right tackle need in Buffalo didn't get first-round attention as many expected, but the Bills double back to it with the ex-Crimson Tide product, who carried a first-round grade on some boards. If the Bills are OK with his knee issues, Kouandjio is a solid value pick at 41.

I'd go with Niklas in the 2nd, and Richardson, Flemming, Mewhort, as OT's who should be there in the 3rd, and/or Jackson, Richardson or Yankey as Guards who could be available in the 3rd.

I like Mewhort a lot...He's a grinder...

I'm kind of hoping for a bit of a surprise in the 3rd...I really like Trent Murphy a lot...He's going to slide because he's not an ideal 3-4 OLB, he's a little light for a 4-3 end right now, and he needs to get a bit stronger...I even realize he may not be the best fit for what we will be doing on Defense...But he's smart, instinctive as hell, he's a very good pass rusher, and a top notch teammate...He just needs to get a bit stronger at the point of attack...But he's not going to be outworked...And he's got a knack on the field...He seems to me to be the kind of player who is going to figure it out and over-achieve in the NFL... B-)

I really want Kony Ealy, but at the same time I understand the need at OT. I was a big supporter of an OT in round one (without knowledge of the Watkins trade). So if Moses or Kouandijo falls to us that'd be perfect. Not a huge fan of Bitonio, too small for my liking, but if they imagine him at LG rather than Chris Williams I'd be down for that.

1. S.Tuitt-DE-Notre Dame- can contribute right away and has huge upside

2. M.Moses-RT-Virginia- immediate starter/upgrade

3. A.Richardson-RT-Tennessee-immediate starter/upgrade

4. X.Sua Filo-OG-immediate starter/upgrade at either guard

5. A. Seferian Jenkins-TE- can contribute right away and solid potential

6. J.Hill-RB-LSU- Power, sure handed

7. S.Crichton-DE-Oregon St-versatile

8. T.Hart-DE-Oregon- versatile immediate contributor

9. J.Pagan-DE-Alabama-upside, good fit

10. C.Kouiandijo-OT-Alabama-injury

I really want Kony Ealy, but at the same time I understand the need at OT. I was a big supporter of an OT in round one (without knowledge of the Watkins trade). So if Moses or Kouandijo falls to us that'd be perfect. Not a huge fan of Bitonio, too small for my liking, but if they imagine him at LG rather than Chris Williams I'd be down for that.

Ealy's one of the guys I'm just assuming is going to go from #33-#40...He's a pass rusher and there's not many in this Draft...I expected him to be over-Drafted...I'm really surprised he did not go at the bottom of the 1st... B-)

Sometimes they'll grab somebody I've never heard of, and I get a little nutty. Like Kiko Alonso in the 2nd. I was ranting about that, and a guy in my office said, "I've seen that dude. He's a monster." I like that kind of surprise.

Then they'll grab somebody like Torrell Troupe right ahead of Gronkowski and I get drunk thinkin' bout that.