Bills, Lions trying to trade UP to ........

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bulldozing tackle is a weapon

Jason Smith is a free agent. I'll take a gamebreaker 100 times out of 100. Don't get me wrong, I would be fine with an OT at 9, but if they traded up to get one and it cost them picks, that would have me steamed.

Give me Mack all day. Ask yourself how teams beat the Patriots. Beating up Brady. Buffalo's defense would become a pretty big nasty!

Would love this....I think we could get a good takle in the 2nd rnd...

I feel like if the Bills trade up to #3 overall it will be for a playmaker.........Mack/Clowney/Watkins/Manziel. It will be for one of these 4 guys.

Gil Brandt's updated top 10 includes Manziel/Mack/Clowney/Robinson as his best 4 players. Wouldn't it be something special if we could get Clowney or Mack at #3 overall??

1. Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M

Previous rank: 1

Manziel (5-foot-11 3/4, 205 pounds) is a unique athlete who produced 10,000 yards of offense in two seasons with the Aggies. I had his 40 timed at 4.56 seconds at the combine. He's a very smart player and has great vision at quarterback.

2. Khalil Mack, LB, Buffalo

Previous rank: 3

Mack (6-foot-2 5/8, 251 pounds) is the real deal. He broke Kansas City Chiefs LB Derrick Johnson's NCAA career record for forced fumbles. In 2013, he had 10.5 sacks and three interceptions and was especially impressive against Ohio State in the season opener, posting nine tackles and 2.5 sacks. He ran a hand-timed 4.62-second 40 at the combine and posted a 40-inch vertical.

3. Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina

Previous rank: 2

Clowney (6-foot-5 1/4, 266 pounds) did not play well in his last season, but he has great talent and is an outstanding athlete with speed -- he was clocked at 4.47 seconds (hand-timed) in his combine 40.

4. Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn

Previous rank: 4

A third-year player, Robinson (6-foot-5, 332 pounds) played guard in high school in Louisiana and redshirted in 2011 before starting 24 games the past two years. He ran the 40 in 4.84 seconds (hand-timed) and had 32 reps in the bench press.

5. Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M

Previous rank: 5

Matthews (6-foot-5 1/2, 308 pounds) stayed in school for his fourth year and learned the left tackle position. He can also play guard or tackle and is a good pass blocker. At the combine, he ran a hand-timed 4.91-second 40 and had 24 reps on the bench press.

6. Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson

Previous rank: 6

Watkins (6-0 3/4, 202 pounds) is a very strong receiver with great speed -- he ran a hand-timed 4.34-second 40 at the combine. He had a great first year in 2011, when he had 82 catches and 12 TDs and averaged 25 yards per kickoff return, then missed three games in an up-and-down sophomore season. The highlight of his 2013 campaign -- in which he had 101 catches and 12 touchdowns -- was a 16-catch, 227-yard performance against Ohio State in the Orange Bowl. He finished his college career with 240 catches.

7. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M

Previous rank: 7

Evans (6-foot-4 3/4, 231 pounds) is a mismatch for cornerbacks. Watch his game against Auburn, in which he had 11 catches for 287 yards and four touchdowns. He's a very good athlete who played basketball in high school. He has outstanding hands and great upside. He needs to work on his route running, and I believe he'll learn.

8. Blake Bortles, QB, UCF

Previous rank: 8

Bortles (6-foot-5, 232 pounds) has emerged as a top QB prospect after receiving only two offers out of high school, including one from Purdue, which recruited him as a tight end. He completed 68 percent of his passes last season, with 25 touchdowns and seven interceptions. He has great upside but needs to work on his footwork and mechanics.

9. Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan

Previous rank: 9

A fifth-year player, Lewan (6-foot-7 1/8, 309 pounds) didn't play as well in 2013 as he did in the 2012 season, which ended with him holding his own against Jadeveon Clowney in the Outback Bowl. He does things very easy and has the strength to play left tackle, but he's a better run blocker than pass protector. He ran a 4.85-second hand-timed 40 at the combine.

10. Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State

Previous rank: 11

At 6-0 1/2, 205 pounds, Gilbert is a big corner but also a very fast one who can flip his hips to run with fast receivers. He ran a hand-timed 4.35-second 40 at the combine. He played better in 2013 than in 2012, posting seven interceptions. He averaged close to 26 yards per kickoff return last season.

Bills can not afford to move up and give away picks, sorry. None of these guys except for Clowney to me are can't miss(baring injuries).

If Bills did move up to three i would hope it was to take him, but no way Clowney gets to the third pick, and if he does Atlanta will jump all over it.

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 6 mins

From talking with Sammy Watkins today: The #Lions have made it clear to him they are very serious about potentially trading up for him.

No team has ANY incentive to tell a player before the draft they will be trading up for them

.....the Jaguars spot at #3 overall for a "bargain price" according to NFL Network. Who do they want that badly??

It could be Robinson/Watkins/Mack..............but what if it is Manziel????

How many more threads are you going to start about your pie-in-the-sky hope that the Bills draft Manziel? They aren't going to do it. If they go up to 3, its for Clowney, Watkins, or Robinson. Probably in that order.

Odds are IF the Bills and Lions want to trade up, it will cost big to move up. There is "no bargain" in moving up into the top 3.

From 9 to 3 and 10 to 3, the Bills and Lions will have to wager several future picks...most of them over the course of 2-3 years and they will be high draft choices.

Now, IF the deal goes down expect it to be for Sammy and a deal similar to the Julio Jones deal.

Enjoy the next 48 hours

Edited by KollegeStudnet

I would be very surprised to see Whaley select Manziel based upon what he has said and based upon the investment that the Bills have made thus far in Manuel. I've only pointed out the obvious that Manziel is a player worth considering because he is believed to be better than Manuel and because what Manuel has done thus far has not been enough to go "all in" on him. It is the easiest way to go for Whaley, however.

I remember this board when it was Rob Johnson vs Doug Flutie. Nobody wanted to believe that little Flutie was better than that jacka$$ Johnson. We all know how that turned out.

It is long-time NFL personnel man, G. Brandt, plus Aikman and Gruden who have staked their reputations on Manziel. If you have a bone to pick give them a call.

the bills are trading down.

Link?

I remember this board when it was Rob Johnson vs Doug Flutie. Nobody wanted to believe that little Flutie was better than that jacka$$ Johnson. We all know how that turned out.

Yeah, they were both lousy

Yeah, they were both lousy