Ultimate Smokescreen - Manziel

Not advocating this, but just for fun: It would take some stones for the Bills to take Manziel. I have no idea if he will ever be good in the NFL, but he has the gunslingenest attitude we have seen in these parts since Jim Kelly. I suspect we could trade him during the draft (Cowboys?) or subsequently for greater value than what we would pay. Or don't trade him at all -- let him and EJ duke it out. If EJ (who I am really, really rooting for) can't hold Manziel off, then it was perhaps the right move to draft Manziel. It is a quarterback league and we need to have the best option possible. I don't think they will do it, but if they did the Bills would have pulled off the ultimate smokescreen after all of the "we are all in on EJ and committed to giving him weapons" talk. And this board would EXPLODE (making the Mario thread look like a short story compared to a novel).

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it Thursday yet???

Thursday can't get here soon enough. Woke up in a cold sweat because I had a dream that the Bills traded Kiko and the ninth to Cleveland. Had to get up and check this site to make sure it was a dream.

Thursday can't get here soon enough. Woke up in a cold sweat because I had a dream that the Bills traded Kiko and the ninth to Cleveland. Had to get up and check this site to make sure it was a dream.

That wasn`t a dream ...It was a nightmare

Every time I watch Manziel play, I think of Jake Plummer. I think Johnny football will be better than Plummer ever was. Whomever drafts him will get a player. I believe JM will succeed and have a great career. But i thought Losman would too, when we drafted him, and that didn't turn out so well...So take it with a grain of salt.

Every time I watch Manziel play, I think of Jake Plummer. I think Johnny football will be better than Plummer ever was. Whomever drafts him will get a player. I believe JM will succeed and have a great career. But i thought Losman would too, when we drafted him, and that didn't turn out so well...So take it with a grain of salt.

I remember first interview I saw of Losman... I said oh boy this guy is our franchise quaterback...sad to say I was right..

Not advocating this, but just for fun: It would take some stones for the Bills to take Manziel. I have no idea if he will ever be good in the NFL, but he has the gunslingenest attitude we have seen in these parts since Jim Kelly. I suspect we could trade him during the draft (Cowboys?) or subsequently for greater value than what we would pay. Or don't trade him at all -- let him and EJ duke it out. If EJ (who I am really, really rooting for) can't hold Manziel off, then it was perhaps the right move to draft Manziel. It is a quarterback league and we need to have the best option possible. I don't think they will do it, but if they did the Bills would have pulled off the ultimate smokescreen after all of the "we are all in on EJ and committed to giving him weapons" talk. And this board would EXPLODE (making the Mario thread look like a short story compared to a novel).

we can only hope

Only one Johnny F. Football....I like the Favre/Steve Young comparisons best.

No way he's a Bill but damn is he going to be fun to watch. The thing that I believe sets him apart from other College phenom/pro flops is that he improved in his supposed weak areas from year to year - showing that he's not just a wild runner that chucks it. The right QB coach/OC will not try to box him into a set system but will create one around hiim that will allow him to do his thing and learn/excel as a pro. This kid has the arm, the mindset, natural leadership skills and speed. No doubt he will have a 3 INT afternoon or several on his way there but I just cannot see this kid failing.

I do not think he gets to #9....lots of fun n games going on with GMs and the press.

You all realize that crapstorm that would ensue if the Bills drafted Manziel, right? They might as well cut EJ because he will have no reason to ever trust the Bills again. Of course you have to start Manziel because you drafted him #1. Better hope Johhny Football doesn't turn out to be Johnny Bust.

i think a good strategy is to draft a qb by the mid to late rounds every season, let him be a backup and if has one good game, trade him for someones first round pick the next season, like how we got rob johnson after his one good game debut. He also may end up being good enough to play all season and we could trade him anyway for a first like how we gave up a 1 for bledsoe and I think the cheifs did for Cassel. Its a cheap and quick way to make a low draft pick into a high draft pick and give your team a backup qb to boot. He may even turn into the next Brady or Foles .

Edited by enlightener