Does Sammy Watkins= Perry Tuttle

In all honesty, how many games did you see Tuttle play?

I am 50, was a SR. in high school in 81, and saw ZERO Clemson games

If you saw Tuttle more than highlights, you lived in South Carolina.

Still.... think you are just bored, as am i... stuck at home on a Friday night...so good topic either way :thumbsup:

Still.... think you are just bored, as am i... stuck at home on a Friday night...so good topic either way :thumbsup:

This is what I thought when I saw this thread. Seriously - Goodell should be fired for moving the draft back 2 &^*$%%^ weeks.

Boredom is a factor in posting? I am stunned.

He's at the Jerry Butler end of the Clemson receiver spectrum.

Wadkins will be a perennial All Pro.

GO BILLS!!!

Jerry Butler was so much fun to watch. Over 800 yards receiving in each of his first 3 seasons with Buffalo before the injuries began to take their toll (at a time when the NFL was much less pass-happy). This is nothing but personal opinion, but, I believe he would have ranked among the top 5 receivers in Bills history if he had been able to have a relatively injury free career.

I like what I see from Watkins but I also liked Tuttle and he was a flop what is your observation?

I'm not sure if the comparison is valid but I have to commend you on your memory. I doubt I would have ever again recollected the name "Perry Tuttle" in my life if you hadn't just mentioned him. For a first-rounder, he was pretty much invisible as a player. (Well, as a Bill. The Winnipeg Blue Bombers inducted him into their Hall of Fame).

I know this is a bit off topic but I would like to share some things about Perry Tuttle. I go to church with Perry in Charlotte, NC. He is one of the most kind hearted men I have ever met. Perry has had a pretty tough go in life. His sports agent robbed him blind back in his playing days leaving him broke. His brother who had down syndrome passed away at an early age and hid father was a drunk. His latest batte is that he has a disease which doctors say will cause him to be blind soon. He has had 7 surgerys to this point to keep limited site but it is progressively getting worse. If some of you would keep him in your prayers it would be greatly appreciated. The last thing he is worried about is a football career that didn't pan out the way he wanted. Sorry about going off topic but wanted to share a little about one of our former Bills.

You would get no argument from me. I am 49, so I can't claim to have seen all of them...but for me, Butler is one of my 2 or 3 favorite Bills...ever! I only rank Andre Reed ahead of him, as far as receivers go.